For Sale Big Paulson Starburst sale (~1,300, 20+ colors) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
*** ALL CHIPS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM LIST FOR SALE ON eBay ***
*** SEE NOTE AT END OF THREAD OR USE THIS LINK ***

I've consolidated my Starburst solids collection into cash and tourney sets, and now am looking to sell/trade what I decided not to use. The condition of these range from good to excellent to mint, unless otherwise a worse condition is noted. Given the large number of colors, I will provide pics by request either here or by PM.

I’d prefer not to break these up into smaller quantities unless I have 100+. So, in descending order of quantity:
  • 22 Orange (Decent condition, some color variation/rounded edges)
  • 20 Day Green (Rounded edges, many faded stamps—see pics)
  • 5 Royal Red (Good condition, prefer to include with larger lot—see pics)
  • 185 Light Blue Two batches (photos lower in thread)...
    • 165 Good Condition but faded/distressed hot stamps: See pics
    • 20 Overprints: Decent edges, but overstamped
  • 40 White *Overprints* (need cleaning)
  • 10 Blue Grain *Overprints* (could be Day Blue or Aqua, but 85% sure Blue Grain)
* 163 Charcoal (lot A) SOLD
* 154 Light Blue KEEPING
* 100 Grey (Super minty, see pics) SOLD
* 100 Dark Charcoal/Near Black SOLD

* 63 Charcoal SOLD
* 62 Blue Grain SOLD

* 75 Butterscotch
* 50 Butterscotch *Overprints* (see pics) SOLD
* 50 Salmon *Overprints* (sharp, great color!) SOLD
* 50 Mint Green SOLD

* 50 Yellow SOLD
* 43 Showboat Grey SOLD
* 40 Sky Blue SOLD
* 16 Showboat Grey Overprints SOLD
* 15 Fuchsia eBay SET
* 24 Grey SOLD
* 20 Orange SOLD
* And... My 58-piece castoff/oddities collection, consisting of nicked, flea-bitten, discolored, faded, overprinted, warped and otherwise off-the-wall Starbursts... For sale cheap as a one lot to any brave/curious collector. SOLD

The colors have been ascertained to the best of my ability using three (count ’em, three) Paulson sample sets... I’ll add the usual caveat that some Paulson colors are really tricky, and batches of the same color can vary.

SHIPPING will be whatever the USPS demands. I would much prefer to ship within the U.S., but will consider reasonable overseas transactions.
If you have a strong interest in any of these, PM me and I can send detailed photos, or ask in the threads below. Prices are going to be in the $1-$2 per chip range depending on color, condition and quantity, but I am not aiming here to make a big profit, just to break even and make room in my cabinet.

TRADES: I could use a few more of the following colors: Dark Green, Pink, Black, Lilac, Day Blue, Blaze Orange, Arc Yellow, Sherbert Green, Fuchsia, and Radiant Red. I also would trade 100 Blaze Orange for 100 Radiant Reds or vice-versa.
Future photos will not be this crappy, I promise... It’s evening here.

Attachments

• starburstinventory.jpg
    starburstinventory.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
Here's some pics I took a week or so ago of a few of the above...

MUSTARD:

mustard1.jpg
mustard2.jpg
mustard3.jpg

Sample chips not included

Last edited:
GREY (This shows only 20, but I have 100 of them left; willing to make barrels but prefer to sell them as a rack):

grey1.jpg
grey2.jpg
grey3.jpg

Last edited:
Would be interested in the 20 orange (lot b), 50 mint green, and a barrel (or 24) of greys if you don't mind splitting them off, and the blue grain as well.

Here is the castoffs collection (fleabites, discoloration, overstamps, misc. other reasons I’ve set them aside)...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_13ab.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_13ab.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 334
163 CHARCOAL “LOT A” (These are nice and crisp. The hot stamps are bold, not raised but on the thick side, picture does not do them justice) SOLD:

fullsizeoutput_13d0.jpeg

Last edited:
100 “NEARLY-BLACK” — These are very nice, condition-wise, but the color baffles me. It is quite consistent throughout this rack. but hard to match. They were obtained in a trade, represented as Black, but the color is not as dark as my other Black starbursts. It is dark, to be sure. In low light, they would look black. But they are somewhere between Charcoal and Black, closer to the latter. If you need one rack of very dark chips, or have others like this, then these are for you... I also have 7 other “Black-Charcoal” chips which similarly are close to black, but not quite.

fullsizeoutput_13d2.jpeg

LIGHT BLUES: Here are the three grades—

Good condition, but faded hotstamps:

fullsizeoutput_13c5.jpeg

Overprints (overstamps):

fullsizeoutput_13c3.jpeg

Mint/near mint KEEPING FOR MYSELF:

fullsizeoutput_13c1.jpeg

Last edited:
The Sky Blues are really prime, I must say. Gonna have a hard time letting them go, but I have to try to exercise some discipline... Can’t keep ’em all.

ROYAL RED (just five; I’d prefer to include with another lot as shipping five chips just gets kind of silly):

fullsizeoutput_1583.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1585.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1585.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 249
  • fullsizeoutput_1581.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1581.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 246
50 SALMON OVERPRINTS (This is a terrific Paulson color; the picture only gives a hint of it. Overstamped, otherwise I’d keep ’em):

hbBjH3+cQvmFyJ9MIB%pOQ.jpg

Here are two more photos of the “nearly-Black” rack... Here, they look like a dark charcoal, but in person, they are closer to Black but a little shy of it.

The second photo shows one of my other Black chips, which is much more clearly... black. My guess is that these are, in fact, Black Starbursts, but the batch turned out a hair darker. I also have another 7 black-charcoal chips which similarly are in this category, which I will throw in if someone buys the 100:

fullsizeoutput_13ed.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_13e6.jpeg

Last edited:
Note on pricing: The deals I’ve made so far have pretty much all been in the $1-$1.25 per chip range, with some freebies thrown into some deals, and most including shipping in that amount, except for one overseas deal. I’ll go lower on the overstamps... I’m trying not to contribute to the Starburst inflation trend (but will go for max value if any of these survive to be listed on eBay).

I’m willing to part with any of the remaining quantities in the OP for $1/chip, 50 cents each for overprints, +$5 shipping for 50 or less, +$10 shipping for more than that. Hoping to wrap this up soon.

Also still open to trades.

Last edited:
I have moved the remainders to eBay—still uploading some items, but there are seven four lots available at my page, plus my set of 1,200-plus ASM H-mold solids:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/hudsonauctions/m.html

If you are bidding, and want to save me some fees, let me know and I can send you the direct link to any of the items. I am also willing to entertain direct sales here still, as long as the auction is not less than 36 hours from finishing.

Last edited:
Help me out here. I owned a rack of black and red a while ago and ended up selling both. Starbursts are great because you can own mint/VGC paulsons at a great price. What turns me off is the gold foil. How are these chips typically used?

Do you generally play with them as is? I could see them being used for tourney or cash and just assign whatever values work.

How easy/hard are these to relabel? I assume because of the foil/stamping milling would be required to prepare a flat surface for the new label. I think all the starbursts you have available are fantastic but I am just trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my game/set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom