Bellagio Las Vegas Ceramic Tribute Showcase (1 Viewer)

I had to pick a light source from somewhere, as it needed one for the faux mold. Generally, light appears from above so it will look like it goes in instead of protruding out.
Even though it will appear different when you turn the chip, it was a trade-off…I think it’s better with it than without. The flatness of the no-mold needs a little something to give it more of a 3D effect.
That makes sense, and people seem to super love them in real life so I believe you about it being the right call. Im looking forward to getting mine in a couple months! My first trip to vegas when I was 21 was with my late father. We really wanted to play poker at Bellagio and the only game running I could even sit at was a $6-$12 limit game. Just a table full of $5s and $1s when they were still using this exact chip. So getting a set of them is certainly a bit nostalgic and I'm kind of pumped about it.

That makes sense, and people seem to super love them in real life so I believe you about it being the right call. Im looking forward to getting mine in a couple months! My first trip to vegas when I was 21 was with my late father. We really wanted to play poker at Bellagio and the only game running I could even sit at was a $6-$12 limit game. Just a table full of $5s and $1s when they were still using this exact chip. So getting a set of them is certainly a bit nostalgic and I'm kind of pumped about it.
Great story.
Yeah, $6/$12 is quite a bit out of my comfort zone too :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'll have to check tonight, I know the ones in the video I showed those all have it.
All of them have that black half-circle on them @TheOffalo

IMG-8688.jpg

I really love these chips, but I have a doubt about them in play because of the grand 'inlay'. For me, these chips have too much white area and I have doubts about mistakes during the game. What is your experience?

Thanks,
Carlos.

I really love these chips, but I have a doubt about them in play because of the grand 'inlay'. For me, these chips have too much white area and I have doubts about mistakes during the game. What is your experience?

Thanks,
Carlos.
Can you expand on what “mistakes” you’re anticipating, related to the larger background on the inlays?

i think the denom print size being larger and clearer would make it less likely to cause confusion or mistakes.

Can you expand on what “mistakes” you’re anticipating, related to the larger background on the inlays?

i think the denom print size being larger and clearer would make it less likely to cause confusion or mistakYe
Yes, I usually play with chips with small inlays and more colorful, and I think these chips have too much white and it's necessary to pay attention to the denominations.

Yes, I usually play with chips with small inlays and more colorful, and I think these chips have too much white and it's necessary to pay attention to the denominations.
Interesting. But couldn’t that be said about any large or grand inlay chip that has the same inlay between denoms, the only difference being the number?

These really are freaking @Colquhoun and crew. I already have a few CM sets, and I told my “no others,” but I might have to hope for another GB of these. The old Bellagio set is one of the most classic ever, and this rework really knocked it out of the park.

Thanks,
Carlos.

I played with the $1, $5, $25, and $100s back in the day (although I only had 1s and 5s in my stack and it was mostly 5s on the table). It wasn't an issue as the base colors provided enough contrast and the denomination colors matched the base.

I'm so tempted too!

This was THE place when I first started going to Vegas to play in the mid 00s. I only played there a couple of times because other poker rooms were either softer or I wasn't rolled for it (I can't remember if Bellagio spread 1/2 or 1/3 honestly, but back then I played 1/2 sometimes buying in short). By the time I was rolled for 2/5, the Aria had opened and I think the chips at Bellagio were gone. I had dreams of building up a roll to be able to play 5/10 or bigger, but eventually poker felt like my second job and I quit.

I tried to get my friend to buy this set, although he prefers the mirage chips, but he wouldn't :(

Last edited:
I'm so tempted too!

This was THE place when I first started going to Vegas to play in the mid 00s. I only played there a couple of times because other poker rooms were either softer or I wasn't rolled for it (I can't remember if Bellagio spread 1/2 or 1/3 honestly, but back then I played 1/2 sometimes buying in short). I had dreams if building up a roll to be able to play 5/10 or bigger, but eventually poker felt my second job and I quit.

I tried to get my friend to buy this set, although he prefers the mirage chips, but he wouldn't :(
I remember going to Bellagio right after it opened. I was in total awe of everything about it. Harvested some $1s, but never even thought to grab $5s. If I could go back…

I remember going to Bellagio right after it opened. I was in total awe of everything about it. Harvested some $1s, but never even thought to grab $5s. If I could go back…

If I could go back I'd get racks and racks of $1s. Did they even spread a small limit game like 3/6 or 4/8?

All I got was one...

PXL_20230121_183816259.jpg

Last edited:
If I could go back I'd get racks and racks of $1s. Did they even spread a small limit game like 3/6 or 4/8?
I couldn’t tell you. To be honest, I was too intimidated to play there because I only remember higher (to me) stakes. I spent most of my time just gawking at the design and beauty of it.

That’s almost identical to my set. I have one more rack of $1s. And are the $100s 43mm? That’s what I opted for.

No, all 39 mm.

I am looking to trade $100 (5) for $25 (5) to even up barrels if anyone can help.

Thanks,
Carlos.
Considering they are replicas of the actual chips used at the Bellagio, I don’t think there should be any issues with chip confusion. Colors are there and the values are pretty large in the inlay. Good enough for Bellagio and Vegas, good enough for me.

No, all 39 mm.

I am looking to trade $100 (5) for $25 (5) to even up barrels if anyone can help.
I would do this, but im just putting in my order now and likely wouldnt have them for 2 months apparently. :(
i want just a handful of $100s and would prefer not to have to buy 25 lol

Interesting. But couldn’t that be said about any large or grand inlay chip that has the same inlay between denoms, the only difference being the number?
Yes, of course, this is a general aspect for all these chips with large inlay, it's not a criticism on my part of these great chips. My question here is if people who have used them in play have had any issues with this. My apologies if there is some misunderstanding about my question, I'm not quite advance in written English...
I played with the $1, $5, $25, and $100s back in the day (although I only had 1s and 5s in my stack and it was mostly 5s on the table). It wasn't an issue as the base colors provided enough contrast and the denomination colors matched the base.
Thanks Steve! I'm thinking to put together a high roller set, T1000 base, so I'll use 1,000, 5,000, 25,000, and 100,000 chips (although I don't really need this set)

Considering they are replicas of the actual chips used at the Bellagio, I don’t think there should be any issues with chip confusion. Colors are there and the values are pretty large in the inlay. Good enough for Bellagio and Vegas, good enough for me.
Yeah, I think exactly the same, but I'm only asking for personal opinions in home games.

Thanks to everyone, and again, apologies if there were some misunderstanding, I'm not criticizing the art and chips.

Seems there was a lot of action on the Bellagios this GB, this thread should blow up soon when the next pack get their orders :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom