Wanted Bellagio $5, $10, $100’, $500 chips (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masayako

High Hand
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking to collect a set of ‘98 Bellagio set. Please help a friendly member if you are willing to spare one or a few. Thank you!

Technically, any of these ‘98 chips are still live, correct?
That means there’s very few out in people’s hands, especially in the upper denoms. All the rest are either in the Bellagio vault (unlikely) or they met with the chip shredder (more likely). The latter is the real tragedy.

Actually, I think they just stopped using the 25k, and had the whole lineup of chips changed following the robbery.

Technically, any of these ‘98 chips are still live, correct?
That means there’s very few out in people’s hands, especially in the upper denoms. All the rest are either in the Bellagio vault (unlikely) or they met with the chip shredder (more likely). The latter is the real tragedy.
This is the '98 set. Not live at all.
45629.jpg
45628.jpg
45625.jpg
06509.jpg

Sorry, I meant that whatever of those are out there are still worth their face value, correct?
Even though Bellagio has a new design, are the ‘98 chips still redeemable?

Sorry, I meant that whatever of those are out there are still worth their face value, correct?
Even though Bellagio has a new design, are the ‘98 chips still redeemable?
No, they’re not redeemable, but they are most definitely worth a minimum of their actual face value to collectors, given they were all destroyed in the late 2000s (excluding those from people who held onto them). I’m pretty sure the new set had nothing to do with the robbery, that was just the 25k chips that got replaced by secondaries, which happened after the new chip set was instated. Here’s everything in the set up to 1k:
59E2A900-CDB0-4294-9325-1D2D189971DA.png

No, they’re not redeemable, but they are most definitely worth a minimum of their actual face value to collectors, given they were all destroyed in the late 2000s (excluding those from people who held onto them). I’m pretty sure the new set had nothing to do with the robbery, that was just the 25k chips that got replaced by secondaries, which happened after the new chip set was instated. Here’s everything in the set up to 1k:
View attachment 621698
There cant be many of the $500 and $1,000 chips out there, because anyone that had one would've likely redeemed before they were decommissioned and destroyed.

Sincerely appreciate everyone's help. I am collecting for fun, not for monetary gain whatsoever. I Just love how the Paulson chips look and feel. It's so timeless and lots of history. DMack, appreciate your DM and looking forward to getting a chip from you. I will keep looking. I intend to share it with friends. The good old family trips walking down the strips, visiting different All-You-Can-Eat, play a few hands of cards pre-covid. Those were some good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom