Wanted BCC Inplay set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natumes

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So I attended my first meet up this past weekend and had a truly great time. There were a lot of great chips that got put into play, but one set caught my fancy above all the rest: BCC Inplays. I've had a protege shuffle stack sample and I love the cigar and snifter mold, just feels and sounds great. I instantly fell in love with the inplay $1 when I saw them on the table. Shuffling the inplays for an evening while playing cards with some great chippers, sealed the deal, I need a set of these. I hope to one day host a meetup of my own, and sharing the joy of BCC with fellow chippers would be a treat.

Photo from my first positive cash out playing mixed games
20211016_234026.jpg

@natumes how did they compare to your old BCC CDI set?
It's hard to say. The inplays were more worn in than the CDIs, so they had a slightly softer feel and shuffled much more buttery. They were just great.

I definitely have regrets about selling the BCC CDIs, even though the 98 CDIs I have now are great too.

Great chips. Good luck! I've been looking to buy some for over a year. I've purchased four so far! No, not four racks. FOUR CHIPS! I'm convinced these are unobtainium. Everyone who owns them loves them, and is unwilling to sell them. Protege seem to be a little easier to come by, but like you, I'm more attracted to the In-Plays.

So I attended my first meet up this past weekend and had a truly great time. There were a lot of great chips that got put into play, but one set caught my fancy above all the rest: BCC Inplays. I've had a protege shuffle stack sample and I love the cigar and snifter mold, just feels and sounds great. I instantly fell in love with the inplay $1 when I saw them on the table. Shuffling the inplays for an evening while playing cards with some great chippers, sealed the deal, I need a set of these. I hope to one day host a meetup of my own, and sharing the joy of BCC with fellow chippers would be a treat.

Photo from my first positive cash out playing mixed gamesView attachment 797125

What's the going rate for these nowadays? I bought and sold my for a buck each. I think I got mine from @MegaTon44 He sold to me at cost.

What's the going rate for these nowadays? I bought and sold my for a buck each. I think I got mine from @MegaTon44 He sold to me at cost.
I bought and subsequently sold some for $2/chip when I couldn't find any $1s to complete the set

Tough to put a number on. I’m still looking for 30 of the $1000 denomination and I have offered $8 per chip with no takers.
Amazing chips though! These are the chips that “non chippers” prefer to play with if that tells you anything. ;)
The cash denominations still come out of the woodwork from time to time, tournament denoms, forget about it.

Tough to put a number on. I’m still looking for 30 of the $1000 denomination and I have offered $8 per chip with no takers.
Amazing chips though! These are the chips that “non chippers” prefer to play with if that tells you anything. ;)
The cash denominations still come out of the woodwork from time to time, tournament denoms, forget about it.
Can you hit us with that sweet sweet prOn good sir o_O

Unlikely you'll ever get bored of the cash set. If so........

Lots of 25s and hundos. Nice set!
$25s and $100s were fairly easy to find. It’s the $500s and up that are true unicorns.
@natumes, if you eventually get something going with this, I can give you a hand on the $25s and $100s.
I have mostly held so many denoms in hopes of some sort of trade for the $1000s to no avail.
I hope to host a tournament with this set at some point but have never done so.

$25s and $100s were fairly easy to find. It’s the $500s and up that are true unicorns.
@natumes, if you eventually get something going with this, I can give you a hand on the $25s and $100s.
I have mostly held so many denoms in hopes of some sort of trade for the $1000s to no avail.
Its a shame they're not in business anymore, they really had some nice colors and designs and this set is an example of that. I think my favorite chip might be that quarter, looks like a really light green, pretty unique.

Looks like you could easily forgo 6 out of the first 10 racks lol...........

Great set! Glad its in your hands! Still waiting for it to be a guest set in the Bourbon Basement Poker Room!

View attachment 797215
Next time I’m in Detroit, they will be in the Bourbon Basement Poker Room.

Its a shame they're not in business anymore, they really had some nice colors and designs and this set is an example of that. I think my favorite chip might be that quarter, looks like a really light green, pretty unique.
Cool story about those quarters, most of them (75 in fact) were given to me by a lover of these chips. Later on he sold me the last 25 to complete the rack because he had decided to take a break from chipping.
Just over the weekend, another awesome chipper whom I had never met gave me one of the $1000s I’ve been searching for for so long.
It was a terrific gift and I look forward to returning the favor in the near future.

Next time I’m in Detroit, they will be in the Bourbon Basement Poker Room.

I'm hosting a one table game on the 29th. Just saying lol

sorry for the threadjack @natumes I'll quit now. I hear your a blast to play cards and drink bourbon with! You have a standing invite to the bourbon basement as well.

I'm hosting a one table game on the 29th. Just saying lol

sorry for the threadjack @natumes I'll quit now. I hear your a blast to play cards and drink bourbon with! You have a standing invite to the bourbon basement as well.
No apology needed! What else are we here for if not connecting over chips? The bourbon basement sounds like my kind of place!
Lil Tuna my man you're the best. I'm hoping to build a cash set mostly so if I somehow come across any of those high denoms you can be sure they'll be coming your way. Could always do a t5 base tourney with what you have?
LOL I almost put up this same wanted ad yesterday @natumes :LOL: :laugh:

Good luck man! Hope you find a set
Good thing I beat you to it? Haha, thanks man. Glad i got to be part of your set debut Friday, I've always admired your chips.

I think I'm cracking open a bottle of the Wellers 107 when my buddy, @Marc Hedrick comes out Friday for a fun family game of poker.
Oooh nice. That's a unicorn out here. State controlled liquor sucks, they never get good stuff in, and when they do it's a lottery draw for a few bottles the whole state signs up for...

Oooh nice. That's a unicorn out here. State controlled liquor sucks, they never get good stuff in, and when they do it's a lottery draw for a few bottles the whole state signs up for...

Same for me. It took me about 3 years to find a bottle. I stumbled onto it a few months ago in OH at a grad party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom