Barrington poker table thread (41 Viewers)

I just did it after taking the cup holders out and waiting 3 weeks being too scared to actually drill into it. Only went too far on the first two but still no issues. What a game changer. Whoever is out there debating it - DO IT.

However, I will join the general consensus - Get a GOOD drill bit. I got the cheapest one I could find thinking I will never use it again - It torqued and twisted and I went through 3 batteries drilling the 10 holes. Brother in law is a plumber and let me use his after doing 6 and wanted to give up due to wrist pain. His was a much better brand and didn't snag up once.

Also recommendations:

1.) There are two layers of board (at least with mine) You can feel once you get through the first layer. I would stop and take the plug out of the bit. This helped tremendously with not catching/ torquing my wrist.
2. A good way to make life easier and not torque, is to slowly apply pressure while drilling straight down in a circular motion. This sped the time up greatly.

I actually had to rip some of the foam off for the last 8 due to it being too tight.

Last edited:
Has anyone used cupholders that are the same diameter, just deeper? It seems like most have gone the “jumbo” 4 inch diameter route which require expanding the existing cutout. I dont think ill need anything wider than a can or bottle so, if possible would prefer the easier diy.

Can’t seem to find anything online that fits. I measured and my Barrington w/ LED cup holders are 3 3/8 edge to edge.

Has anyone used cupholders that are the same diameter, just deeper? It seems like most have gone the “jumbo” 4 inch diameter route which require expanding the existing cutout. I dont think ill need anything wider than a can or bottle so, if possible would prefer the easier diy.

Can’t seem to find anything online that fits. I measured and my Barrington w/ LED cup holders are 3 3/8 edge to edge.
So, I just found these. Same 3.5" lip to lip and about a half an inch deeper. Not sure how meaningful the extra half inch deep will be; though I like the idea of the same outer dimensions.

https://isuremarinehardware.com/pro...ndard-soda-can-for-desk-boats-rv-cars-trucks/

They also have them on Amazon, but the pricing isn't as good (2 for $16 on Amazon vs 4 for $20 direct).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CPXSWVN...I7Y2Y1BEC&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1
I found the above cupholders with the same outer dimensions. I ended up getting the larger and deeper ones everyone got. I'm very glad I went with the larger cupholders, but above is the links if you decide to just go deeper.

You still need to cut holes with the smaller cup holders...why not get larger ones while you're going through the trouble?

Last edited:
You still need to cut holes with the smaller cup holders...why not get larger ones while you're going through the trouble?
I second this. This was my exact thought process. I actually bought deeper ones of the same width first and was irritated by the fact that the only fit beer bottles or cans, whiskey glasses and beer glasses were way to big to fit. Ended up going with wider cupholders and couldnt be happier.

If you’re going to go to a forum for experts opinions… take their advice! Just want to say I appreciate you guys swaying me to the jumbo cup holders rather than just deeper. I cant emphasize enough how glad i am went this route. Night and day difference!

Used @RadicusScout blueprint from few pages back and worked flawlessly. One of the first diy projects that didn’t end up with multiple Home Depot trips or scouring YouTube to find a solution for a surprise/disaster mid project.

I went w/ the 3 5/8 Milwaukee and 3/8 Arbor. Worked like a charm. Once i get my custom topper and chips from the upcoming group order ill post better pictures but for the time being

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5599.jpeg
    IMG_5599.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 48
If you’re going to go to a forum for experts opinions… take their advice! Just want to say I appreciate you guys swaying me to the jumbo cup holders rather than just deeper. I cant emphasize enough how glad i am went this route. Night and day difference!

Used @RadicusScout blueprint from few pages back and worked flawlessly. One of the first diy projects that didn’t end up with multiple Home Depot trips or scouring YouTube to find a solution for a surprise/disaster mid project.

I went w/ the 3 5/8 Milwaukee and 3/8 Arbor. Worked like a charm. Once i get my custom topper and chips from the upcoming group order ill post better pictures but for the time being
That's an awesome looking upgrade! I'm happy my guide helped.

Looking forward to seeing the entire ensemble!

Can you guys please let this thread die before I end up buying one of these sumbitches.:confusedView attachment 1317457

Honestly, this table is great value for the money, especially if you wait for a sale. In hindsight, if I were playing with dice chips on a dining table, I’d upgrade to this table before getting chips. I also think it’s fine stock (the heavier LED version, at least), but definitely deeper/wider cup holders would be a nice upgrade, but not a must have for me. I’m thinking about a topper for purely aesthetic reasons, but the felt is fine and the crease in the middle went unnoticed during play.

Honestly, this table is great value for the money, especially if you wait for a sale. In hindsight, if I were playing with dice chips on a dining table, I’d upgrade to this table before getting chips. I also think it’s fine stock (the heavier LED version, at least), but definitely deeper/wider cup holders would be a nice upgrade, but not a must have for me. I’m thinking about a topper for purely aesthetic reasons, but the felt is fine and the crease in the middle went unnoticed during play.
The table is without question a monster step in the right direction if you're playing on some random table. And yes, it's my opinion too that the table should be upgraded before the chips, the table seems to be more important.

My issue with stock cup holders was that they appear to be cup holders, but they are closer to coasters. And I'm not against coasters, I played on a lifetime foldable table with some cheap felt I just put on top from Amazon for a long time - never had a spill. But, when you appear to be a cup holder when you're infact just a coaster, I felt it was more likely have spills - so I upgraded the cup holders before my first game. It was a pain in the butt, so worth it though.

And I also agree, the stock felt is fine and the crease isn't as bad as one may think. I say that but I do have a custom table top too.

The table is without question a monster step in the right direction if you're playing on some random table. And yes, it's my opinion too that the table should be upgraded before the chips, the table seems to be more important.

My issue with stock cup holders was that they appear to be cup holders, but they are closer to coasters. And I'm not against coasters, I played on a lifetime foldable table with some cheap felt I just put on top from Amazon for a long time - never had a spill. But, when you appear to be a cup holder when you're infact just a coaster, I felt it was more likely have spills - so I upgraded the cup holders before my first game. It was a pain in the butt, so worth it though.

And I also agree, the stock felt is fine and the crease isn't as bad as one may think. I say that but I do have a custom table top too.
I thought they were ashtrays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom