Wanted Bahamia - NOT MINT - I like big inlays and I can not lie (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron2786

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Decided to see what's out there before I do the ultimate thing and make a full custom set.

So ideally, and yes I know 1s are an uphill battle to find... Looking for

$1 x 100
$5 x 300
$25 x 100 - Found
$100 x 40+

As the title says I'm actually looking for them in NOT MINT condition, but I'm not looking for bike tires either. If you guys have some stuff I might be after please leave a comment and dm me

Appreciated as always

Last edited:
1682554419221.jpeg

Dude that was my case I had made! Thats awesome! I used to have pictures of that on Chiptalk I went to find them and they were gone. That’s how I found this forum… I’m glad to see it’s still out there. The case was made from a guy named Sven at Ozwoodworking years ago. It was made from Flamed Tiger Maple and Padauk. Has recessed handles on the side… man I loved that case

Dude that was my case I had made! Thats awesome! I used to have pictures of that on Chiptalk I went to find them and they were gone. That’s how I found this forum… I’m glad to see it’s still out there. The case was made from a guy named Sven at Ozwoodworking years ago. It was made from Flamed Tiger Maple and Padauk. Has recessed handles on the side… man I loved that case
I'm glad this has become a Bahamia Pr0n and reunion thread lol, I'm gonna leave it up forever lol, to remind me of what I can never have haha

Decided to see what's out there before I do the ultimate thing and make a full custom set.

So ideally, and yes I know 1s are an uphill battle to find... Looking for

$1 x 100
$5 x 300
$25 x 100 - Found
$100 x 40+

As the title says I'm actually looking for them in NOT MINT condition, but I'm not looking for bike tires either. If you guys have some stuff I might be after please leave a comment and dm me

Appreciated as always

Attachments

• 137325DB-06A5-4137-8227-3676A414A709.jpeg
    137325DB-06A5-4137-8227-3676A414A709.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 33
Cool! The case is still in the same beautiful condition it was when I bought it in 2011. It lives in our guest room. :cool

Ancient CT history! Here's the first ad I saw -- was this your ad?

"1000 Paulson Bahamia Poker Chips with Custom Case
Source: eBay
Sold Date: Nov 09,2010
Selling 1000 piece Bahamia Poker Chip set with a custom case. The case is hand made from flamed
maple and pad auk. The top and inside of the chest is laser engraved and the flower is inlayed. It is
made to house 1000 chips. The bottom rack has tote handles and stacks with the top rack. The
corners are dovetailed and handles are recessed into the sides. I also had a small tray that sits at the
bottom of the chest for cards, dealer buttons...etc made. The Chips I have never used and the
breakdown is below.
The Breakdown is
100 500Chips
300 100Chips
200 25Chips
200 5Chips
200 1Chips"

It holds 1000 plus the card/button tray. I bought it in 2011 from a mystery eBay account then assumed to be "g-money-mike". It was supposedly made by Sven Woodworking at a cost of over $500. Here's an exchange among two CTers and myself (sorry, I don't recall who thy were).

============================================================

20110416 CT thread "1000 Paulson Bahamias"
-------------------------------------

1000 Ct. New Bahamia Chips & Mahogany Case Rare Denoms! - eBay (item 380317172170 end time Feb-22-11 15:38:08 PST)
------------------------------------

Me: Hmmm, I forgot about the case in this thread. Mea culpa, I guess. I just bought this same case from an ebayer named liquidators-inc in Portland, OR.
Don't know if that's a new selling account for g-money-mike or not, but it was decently packed and got here promptly. It's a heavy sucker. Guess it will give most of my Bahamias a good home.
---------------------------------------

OK he's a scumbag. But that is a sweet case that cost upwards of $500(?). Did you screw G-Money-Mike? :cigar: (this is my "hoping" emoticon)

Me: He had it on eBay for $99 plus $25 shipping. Given the weight, the shipping was reasonable. Mine was the only bid.

I actually purchased the 1000 bahamia chips from him (the ones pictured in the case). I hadn't known about his misdealings before I made the purchase, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. Another transaction gone bad...already posted in the bad sellers thread.
As for this case....he thought it was going to go much higher so trust me you got a good deal, just hope that all is good with it when it arrives. This guy is just bad news.
-----------------------------------

That case cost at least 5x that much to the original owner who had it made by Sven Woodworking. $99 bucks is a total steal for it. If it weren't for the Bahamia logo burned into it, I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat, but that made it too specific for anything but those chips.
Had always liked this case from the first image I seen of it post long ago,
I would have bid on it to house my near complete set if all the negative post of this seller hadn't been spoken of
and also for the fact someone here seemed to want to make point using my past comments
so I not only missed this fairly great deal but also passing on his other auction for a few chips Just to support the fellow CTers

=======================================================

Cool! The case is still in the same beautiful condition it was when I bought it in 2011. It lives in our guest room. :cool

Ancient CT history! Here's the first ad I saw -- was this your ad?

"1000 Paulson Bahamia Poker Chips with Custom Case
Source: eBay
Sold Date: Nov 09,2010
Selling 1000 piece Bahamia Poker Chip set with a custom case. The case is hand made from flamed
maple and pad auk. The top and inside of the chest is laser engraved and the flower is inlayed. It is
made to house 1000 chips. The bottom rack has tote handles and stacks with the top rack. The
corners are dovetailed and handles are recessed into the sides. I also had a small tray that sits at the
bottom of the chest for cards, dealer buttons...etc made. The Chips I have never used and the
breakdown is below.
The Breakdown is
100 500Chips
300 100Chips
200 25Chips
200 5Chips
200 1Chips"

It holds 1000 plus the card/button tray. I bought it in 2011 from a mystery eBay account then assumed to be "g-money-mike". It was supposedly made by Sven Woodworking at a cost of over $500. Here's an exchange among two CTers and myself (sorry, I don't recall who thy were).

============================================================

20110416 CT thread "1000 Paulson Bahamias"

1000 Ct. New Bahamia Chips & Mahogany Case Rare Denoms! - eBay (item 380317172170 end time Feb-22-11 15:38:08 PST)
------------------------------------

Me: Hmmm, I forgot about the case in this thread. Mea culpa, I guess. I just bought this same case from an ebayer named liquidators-inc in Portland, OR.
Don't know if that's a new selling account for g-money-mike or not, but it was decently packed and got here promptly. It's a heavy sucker. Guess it will give most of my Bahamias a good home.
---------------------------------------

OK he's a scumbag. But that is a sweet case that cost upwards of $500(?). Did you screw G-Money-Mike? :cigar: (this is my "hoping" emoticon)

Me: He had it on eBay for $99 plus $25 shipping. Given the weight, the shipping was reasonable. Mine was the only bid.

I actually purchased the 1000 bahamia chips from him (the ones pictured in the case). I hadn't known about his misdealings before I made the purchase, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. Another transaction gone bad...already posted in the bad sellers thread.
As for this case....he thought it was going to go much higher so trust me you got a good deal, just hope that all is good with it when it arrives. This guy is just bad news.

That case cost at least 5x that much to the original owner who had it made by Sven Woodworking. $99 bucks is a total steal for it. If it weren't for the Bahamia logo burned into it, I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat, but that made it too specific for anything but those chips.
Had always liked this case from the first image I seen of it post long ago,
I would have bid on it to house my near complete set if all the negative post of this seller hadn't been spoken of
and also for the fact someone here seemed to want to make point using my past comments
so I not only missed this fairly great deal but also passing on his other auction for a few chips Just to support the fellow CTers

=======================================================
I was the original owner of the case and had it commissioned by a guy named Sven at a company called Ozwoodworking. Together with Sven he and I designed it and it was around $650 if I can remember correctly. The chips were purchased directly from Jim at the Chiproom. I had a really large amount of $1’s and $500’s that were dead mint and very hard to come by at the time. I ended up selling my whole collection off in around 2009 or early 2010 if I can remember correctly. That was not my for sale add I never sold it on eBay but I do remember seeing it on another auction website for like $1500 about a year later and thought wow that that’s a killer deal (knowing what I paid for it and what I sold it for) but it seemed kinda iffy…anyhow I’m glad it ended up in good hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom