SOLD Aztar Hotstamped Grail Set. Price Drop (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it mean anything that my Watermelon doesn't glow under UV but the Aztar $5 does?
It definitely means something :)

I don’t have an Aztar T5 but it’s been said the spot on the Riffle Steins $1 is watermelon, and it glows.

My watermelon color sample doesn’t glow. And my only red samples that do are Royal and Radiant.

Maybe watermelon used to glow, but doesn’t in the newer lead free formulation?

Maybe watermelon used to glow, but doesn’t in the newer lead free formulation?
Was thinking that too. Not sure how old my watermelon sample is, but it is over 10g. I know that doesnt guarantee lead.

Just checked my Harrahs T5 sample (which is watermelon). It is 9g and glows. So I guess case settled?

Where's the link to that thread that dates all of the colors added by Paulson? I can't find it....

According to that thread, Watermelon has been around since the '80s:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-color-samples-a-chronology.78618/

In my color sample set that's likely from 2004-2007 (on the left below), the Watermelon chip glows somewhat under UV light. It's not blinding like radiant red, but it clearly fluoresces. In my sample set that's likely from 2009-2014 (on the right below), the Watermelon chip also fluoresces, and is absolutely covered in that green chip dust / chip rust that fluoresces under UV light. I had to go wash my hands immediately after handling that chip!

watermelon2.jpg

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much these chips weigh? My kitchen scale is busted :cautious:
I know they're leaded but I think hotstamps generally weigh a bit less than inlaid chips?
5ncv 9.59g
25ncv 9.76g
100ncv 10.41g
500ncv 10.37g
1000ncv 9.00g

but I only have 1 chip of each for the weight

According to that thread, Watermelon has been around since the '80s:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-color-samples-a-chronology.78618/

In my color sample set that's likely from 2004-2007 (on the left below), the Watermelon chip glows somewhat under UV light. It's not blinding like radiant red, but it clearly fluoresces. In my sample set that's likely from 2009-2014 (on the right below), the Watermelon chip also fluoresces, and is absolutely covered in that green chip dust / chip rust that fluoresces under UV light. I had to go wash my hands immediately after handling that chip!

View attachment 1060142
Thanks! Watermelon it is.

Not exactly the proper place for this, but if anybody out there has more of these, I’d be interested in them. 1Ks and 5Ks especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom