AWenger's Paulson H&C solid/milled set (very good/excellent condition) (1 Viewer)

AWenger

Full House
Reaction score
I'm creating this thread to document and share a set of mine. This one is made up of Paulson H&C mold chips only, either long cane version (LCV) or short cane version (SCV), and with chips in very good to excellent condition with sharp edges.

2016-06-11 Update - added 96 Sea Green H&C solid roulette chips as a T25. See post #11 below.

I bought most of the chips from the big hotstamp sale from @chkmte about 5 months ago, and got one of the lots milled. I liked the way the milled/solid chips looked, so I sent other lots back for milling. The milled chips have a 7/8" diameter recess for a label. With the milling done on these chips, I think I can accurately brag that there is more exposed Paulson clay surface on these chips than any other set I know of!

My current idea for these chips is to build a tournament set, probably just for a single table (10 players), and probably keep them as solid for now, but there will always have an option to add labels at a later date.

I'm open to suggestions, trades, or offers on some of the chips, although the Fuschia, Arc Yellow, Maroon, and Pink colors are my favorite colors, and they work well in a tournament set. But I'd be open to trades especially if the quantities work for the chips breakdowns for a tournament set.

I'd like to add a green chip to this set, preferably a light green/blue, teal, or aqua color to use as a T25 chip. I'll probably post a WTT or WTB ad in the near future.

Here's the chip inventory from L to R in the photos below: [Edit: unknown exact colors below changed to lowercase and italics pending confirmation]
184 - dark brown/purple (maroon?) SCV
I'm not sure of the exact Paulson color, but my guess is Maroon; it's definitely a dark shade, it is close to Chocolate, but slightly darker and slightly more purple. These have not been milled yet, and have a P1 hotstamp, that is partially worn on many chips. Of all the chips here, these are in the most used condition.​
49 - Fuschia - mix of LCV & SCV (35 LCV; 14 SCV)
129 - arc yellow (?) SCV
62 - royal blue (?) SCV
125 - Off White LCV

74 chips are in excellent/mint condition with lathe ridges on the edges still sharp. 51 chips are from a slightly different lot, exact same color, but slightly different looking when racked up.​
52 - hot pink (maybe radiant red) (?) LCV
29 - light pink (maybe hot pink) (?) SCV

This color is much closer to Hot Pink in person than on photos of the Paulson color samples.​
20 - Metallic Gold SCV
15 - Grey SCV
4 - White SCV

These have not been milled yet, and have a P1 hotstamp.​

See pics to follow in post #2. All chips have been cleaned and oiled.

Last edited:
Here are some photos. Note that the colors below from my camera aren't rendered too well. The Arc Yellow in particular. It's not as bright, and is a little more orange color than what is shown below. I even have new, 4000 K LED lights which are more true color in person.

I may try these photos again with my phone camera, which seems to render some colors better.

IMG_7790.JPG

IMG_7791.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG

IMG_7788.JPG
IMG_7789.JPG

OK. I adjusted the color balance on my camera - had to make the colors much "darker" and warm. But the 2 photos below look much more accurate color wise on my screen compared to the real color look. (The Maroon color blends in a little too much with the black table background, but the contrast between the off-white stacks and the 4 white chips on top is very close to real life).

If anyone wants to see some close up photos of chips of a particular color, let me know, and I'll try to oblige.

IMG_7794.JPG
IMG_7795.JPG

Last edited:
I'm still a little sick to my stomach about missing out on those arc yellows :(

The set turned out great, the colors work well together! Very vibrant after oiling them.

I'd be glad to confirm colors against my Paulson color sample set if you want to send me a chip of each color (which would be returned to you). Pretty sure that's not Royal Blue (probably Horizon), and those yellow chips look to be closer to Canary than Arc Yellow (which is really a pretty orange color).

Not sure on the Maroon.... could be Mauve. Also not sure your pinks are correctly identified -- there is a huge brightness difference between Light Pink and Hot Pink, not visible in your photos. One of those may be regular Pink.

I'd be glad to confirm colors against my Paulson color sample set if you want to send me a chip of each color (which would be returned to you). Pretty sure that's not Royal Blue (probably Horizon), and those yellow chips look to be closer to Canary than Arc Yellow (which is really a pretty orange color).

Not sure on the Maroon.... could be Mauve. Also not sure your pinks are correctly identified -- there is a huge brightness difference between Light Pink and Hot Pink, not visible in your photos. One of those may be regular Pink.
Thanks for the offer! I'll take you up on this, I'll PM you for address. Also, the colors from my

In the meantime, I took a photo of a couple chips with spots that are very close.

My 'arc yellow' solids seem to be the same color as the middle spot in the gray Ambassador Plaza $100 chip, but the color is a little different ad darker than the base color on the Carson Nugget $1, which I believe is Arc Yellow. Also, the left most pink chips in the photos above (which I had first thought were 'hot pink' seem to match the edge spots of the Terrible's LaGrange secondary $5 chip, which I recall seeing somewhere is Radiant Red.
IMG_7796.JPG

Nice lot! I'm glad to see you're making something out of these solids.

Update -- @duffman sold me 96 Sea Green colored solid roulette chips, and now I have what I think is a great color for a T25 chip for a solid tournament set with T10000 starting stacks. Thanks @duffman! I also need to give thanks to @chkmte (for the Fuschia and Arc Yellow and some other solid chips not shown) and @Fleming for the dark brown/purple/maroon chips, who I got these chips from via classified ads here on PCF. Took some photos tonight, with a couple Flamingo $1 light blue chips shown just for color reference. I'm pretty pleased how this set turned out and how it looks together.

Here are the chip counts and Paulson color names (to the best of my knowledge)
T25 - 96 Sea Green
T100 - 184 Maroon (or Mauve), after oiling the chips look very dark brown
T500 - 49 Fuchsia
T1000 - 129 Arc Yellow

With 96 T25s, the set will allow 4 stacks of 12/17/4/6 and 6 stacks of 8/18/4/6, for T10000 starting stacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom