Cancelled Aurora Star cash set (1,300 chips remain) - available for splitting (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, @Matrixmoney.

I'm retired Army, served 20 years on active duty before hanging up uniform in 2006. I've always wanted to capture my time in uniform outside of the normal Army awards, medals, etc., soldiers receive upon retirement.

Poker and any card game is a large part of the military culture, especially when in a forward-deployed zone, so they became my starting point. To completely personalize it all, I combined my two biggest loves -- Army and poker -- and commissioned the incomparable @T_Chan to build my dream table back in the spring of 2020. It was a three-month wait, but so worth it when it arrived in August 2020.

The table mesures 108x44, bigger than most tables, and weighs a nice 340 pounds. Why so big? I wanted comfort and space for whenever old soldiers are at the table.

The Army's official colors are Black and Gold, so I incorporated it with the felt, wood, decorative nails, brass cupholders and betting line. I went with the green felt because I served during the BDU era before the Army went to its current uniform in late 2006'ish. BDUs began to phase out in 2005. I didn't go with OD Green felt, but an off-color of it, and then we faded in the green from dark to lighter starting from the rail. Well, I didn't - Tony and his people did that felt work.

At each seating position are patches representing the units I served with, and they're all in chronological order starting at Seat 1 and going clockwise. The only spot not boasting a unit patch is Seat 10, which represents the empty feeling I've had in my soul since leaving the Army. I utilize a dedicated dealer at my game, so this is where he sits.

The 1 1/2-inch raised rail holds the U.S. Army Drill Sergeant badge at four central locations. I was a Drill Sergeant at Fort Jackson, S.C. (1997-99), so had to work in my time on the trail. I also went with the mottos along the raised rail:

- "This We'll Defend!" right at Seat 1. This is the official Army motto and the Drill Sergeant motto.
- Then, the 1st Infantry Division's official motto of: "No mission too difficult. No sacrifice too great. Duty First!"

The table has LED lights in the rail, and there are 10 USB ports at each seat.

These are photos of the felt being custom fitted and table build when Tony was doing his magic in Canada:

View attachment 1169247

View attachment 1169248

And here it is in my poker room:

View attachment 1169249

View attachment 1169250

Hope that answers your question.
Love your table. And thank you for your service.

Would love to see closeups of the 5s to verify edge condition…my other chips are minty so need these to match.

Would love to see closeups of the 5s to verify edge condition…my other chips are minty so need these to match.

No problem, @dkellerd. Here you go with a little note to show the photos are taken today:

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

@BEANO52 also posted a photo earlier in the thread if you needed a stack POV.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3820.jpg
    IMG_3820.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 62
Looks like pretty crispy edges…7th chip up from bottom have large color transfer or something? I’m still in for a rack :tup:

There hasn’t been much interest in the full set, so opening it up for splitting and an opportunity for folks to add to their current Aurora Star sets.

@dkellerd and @encorepoker have first shot at a rack of $5s each.

The OP is updated to reflect split pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom