Asking for opinions on color scheme (1 Viewer)

Upon reading the OP/thread I agree with the commentary and approve the progression the line up has made

This is a big improvment, very nice indeed! I would definitely reconsider dg saturn on the 1k though. It’s not a good color in real life. Canary, dg yellow, yellow, arc yellow are all way better options.
I agree with this assessment of DG Saturn in principal but OP did mention they have a colour sample so they would know what it looks like in real life. DG Saturn works well with greens and grays so I think that chip would look good. Whether it works with the set... that I'm not sure as I don't have my colour samples anymore.

You can limit yourself to level 4 or less and still get great looking chips. All of my set are level 3 or 4:

20220412_222108.jpg

If you decide to return to a set with all the same edge spot pattern, I would generally not recommend DS like the T5K above. I'd prefer something like the 614 on the right or the 4V style in the middle.

The first thing I do is just look at my base colours to see if I like how they fit together. When trying to see how the spot colours will look with a base color I like to stack them (with base colour on top) and look at them at a 3/4 view so that I can see most of the base color and then the spot colours:

DSC_0104.JPG

In my example above I was comparing an older colour sample to what I received as CPC had brightened up the DG colours several years ago... but hopefully you get the idea.

How many tables your set shall cover ?

Note that to get 7 different chips you'll need to order at least 700 chips. So only relevant for 2 tables set.

Also, for a 2 table set, the T100,000 is useless if you start with a T25 (even if you start with T25 in fact).

I agree with this assessment of DG Saturn in principal but OP did mention they have a colour sample so they would know what it looks like in real life. DG Saturn works well with greens and grays so I think that chip would look good. Whether it works with the set... that I'm not sure as I don't have my colour samples anymore.
Sure, anyone that can make a good looking chip with a dg saturn base has my respect. I’ve only seen one I really liked.

The higher denoms are just a thing that I want, even though I might not need them. Just can't help my self wanting them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm all ready calculating 700-800 chips.
At the moment, my tournament has 7to8 players. I want to have enough chips to serve maybe two or three tables, if that's ever happen.
For the most part it's just this "I want to have" thing.

The higher denoms are just a thing that I want, even though I might not need them. Just can't help my self wanting them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'm all ready calculating 700-800 chips.
At the moment, my tournament has 7to8 players. I want to have enough chips to serve maybe two or three tables, if that's ever happen.
For the most part it's just this "I want to have" thing.
Here's a post by @BGinGA that should help you with a nice breakdown.
What you *don't* need is unequal numbers of T25 and T100 chips, or more T25/T100/T500 chips than are necessary for the maximum number of projected starting stacks. Use T1000 and T5000 chips for color-ups and re-buys.

For 25 players using 8/8/4/7/3 (25k) starting stacks, you will need:

200 x T25
200 x T100
100 x T500
200 x T1000 (25x for T25/T100 color-ups)
85 x T5000 (10x for T500 color-ups)
8 x T25000 (T1000 color-ups)
-------------------
793 chips

You will need extra T5000s if you want to run a 3-table T25k re-buy event -- personally, I'd add another 100x T1000 and 30x T5000 chips (and bump the T25K count to 15). Use 10xT1000 plus 3xT5000 for the 25k re-buy stacks (you won't need more than ten). 930 total chips.

Saturn is an absolute trash color in my opinion. You’ll regret using it in any capacity.

After trying out combos with the color sample set I updated the chips.
I think I've made some major improvements:

9ff9e85c-5aff-40cb-a82f-b870b788ebfa.png

The 1k, 5k, 25k and 100k were just fine.

This is what the hundo would look like:

IMG_20220426_224036.jpg

I think it could still seem different on photo, so feel free to grab your sample set and tell me what you think. :)

This is the best I came up with for the 500:

IMG_20220426_224334.jpg

There yould be no dirty stack issues due to the edge spot progression, the edge spot colors and the base colors I chose:
IMG_20220426_224550.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom