Are these salvageable? (1 Viewer)

jedigak1

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Can you reform plastic cards or are these just trash? They are bowed in both directions and do not shuffle well.
IMG_8504.JPG

Thanks

No guarantees whatsoever, but I was interested enough to try once and had some success. They weren't near as bad as those, though. Took the deck and flipped every other card. Set that on a flat hard book. Then, further flat hard books on top. Built a tower about 3 ft tall of massive books. Left for days. I was partly joking, but it actually did seem to help some.

edit: grammar are hard

Last edited:
Put your deck between two flat and heavy surfaces and leave it there for a week or two. Meanwhile, purchase another setup to play with. By the time you remember to check after having forgotten that you did the experiment in the first place, they should be flat.

Don’t heat them, they will shrink about 20%. For $15 you can, redo them like new, I mean buy new cards and they will be like new.

Looks like they are Bridge decks, so a little narrower, but a deal nonetheless.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
FYI, if you prefer poker size, that's fine. But realize that the narrower "bridge" size is the industry standard for poker. The misnomer is a mystery.

All my priors are like this recent purchase, damaged or open box, sealed deck. Just in case, free returns.

F1359315-D18C-4A21-8AD6-7B61540BD1B7.jpeg

Inventory changes daily, just search the Amazon Warehouse for Kem, Copag, plastic playing cards, etc. There will be options.

Take about 1/4 of the deck and put the bent card at the bottom. Then put the pile on the window sill in the sun. Give it a few hours and it'll be flat. Works for me every time without fail.

Take about 1/4 of the deck and put the bent card at the bottom. Then put the pile on the window sill in the sun. Give it a few hours and it'll be flat. Works for me every time without fail.

The whole deck was like that. I just showed one card because it highlighted the curvature.
With @kaimat generosity, time to pitch these.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom