Any Cincinnatians Here? (1 Viewer)

PlaidDragon

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Are any of you disturbed as I am that they have the worst record in baseball and are on pace to lose 135 games?

I've heard Marty and Brantley on WLW siting significant problems with their fielding all the way back to spring training.

I've been displaced from my city of origin for a good many years but always follow the Reds every season. Though I think they'll improve, this season is going to be tough.

I grew up just north of Cincinnati, and I followed the Reds until the MLB strike in the mid 90s. After that I just gave it up, and honestly haven't missed it enough to start caring again.

That said, if I'm visiting family during the season, I will try to get to a game whenever possible. Even when you don't care too much about the game, going to see one live is a lot of fun.

I grew up just north of Cincinnati, and I followed the Reds until the MLB strike in the mid 90s. After that I just gave it up, and honestly haven't missed it enough to start caring again.

That said, if I'm visiting family during the season, I will try to get to a game whenever possible. Even when you don't care too much about the game, going to see one live is a lot of fun.

Mid 90's yeah... a lot of people I know lost track of the Reds (and baseball) after the 1994 strike. Was especially hard given we were leading the division at the time of the strike. I think it was 3-4 years before I cared to follow them again.

Born and raised a hour north of Cinn. Was lucky in that I was born in 67 so I started following the Reds in the 70's. I got to go to a few games at Riverfront. I spent a lot of time with the TV muted and the radio sitting on top of it tuned to WLW listing to Marty and Joe call games I will never forget. I have not followed Baseball much after the strike but I will never forget Bench, Pérez, Morgan, Rose, Concepción, Foster, Geronimo & Griffey. All kids should be so lucky when they first start watching the game.

Moved to 'Nati in 1988. In attendance for all home games in postseason of 1990 WS season. Caught the very first foul ball of following season (Jose Rijo vs. SD Padres, still looking for a tape of this btw).

Will always be a Reds fan.

But damn they make it hard!

I spent a lot of time with the TV muted and the radio sitting on top of it tuned to WLW listing to Marty and Joe call games

EXACTLY!

Did the same. The local tv guys were never even close to Marty and the "Old Left Hander".

I use an app on my i-phone to listen to marty down here. I listen every season given you never know when he'll retire and hang it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom