Tourney Any advice to improve our tournaments? (2 Viewers)

Great that you've found a setup that works for you. :tup:
Just an FYI, all of these can be done with blindvalet:

Even mid tourney
Must have been a different one then. So many out there.
My basement tv is old, doesn't have screen share, wifi, etc, only direct hdmi inputs so even if I borrowed my son's apple phone I'd have no way to connect the TV to that app easily.
Maybe someday with a newer TV a phone app may be worthwhile.

Checked out a few others after realizing I had no timer portion to show time remaining which will be a much wanted detail. Adding that to my slides was more work than I thought so back to looking at apps. The free version of blindvalet was terrible. It was actually one I tried previously with paid version being the only one that can change anything useful.
The best one I found so far was from 888poker.com with everything adjustable like it should be except the break duration locked to 5 minutes which can easily be modified by stacking breaks for 10 or 15 minutes. It has play, pause, reset and all the functions needed unlike almost all of the others that only include it in the paid versions. It may be worthwhile to pay for payouts seating and other breakdowns but it boggles my mind why it was so hard to find anything free that wasn't just a pile of garbage. Why would I want to pay for an app when the free one they offered sucked?
Tournament director gets that right offering full function for 30 days free but from looking at videos and pics of tutorials using it seemed overwhelming and way more than I'm needing. Maybe someday if things get serious. We'll see.
For the time being a simple free timer that isn't garbage, seating with a deck of 4 color cards for the 4 tables and a spreadsheet with formulas added to do payouts should work well enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom