A NFL Pool for the rest of us (2 Viewers)

trever

Flush
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has been running this pool for over 10 years, and he gave the OK for me to extend an invitation to everyone here. PM me your email address if you want to play.

The beauty of this pool is that you have action each week, including the postseason, yet you only make your picks once. The rules are simple: You pay $25, which entitles you to buy up to $25 worth of teams which you cheer on for the entire season. You could pick a minimum of 4 or as many as a 12 of the 32 NFL teams, depending on the price.

You get one point for every regular season victory, three points for each play-off victory (even first round play-off byes) and five points for each title won (division, conference, Super Bowl). Any of the four wild card teams will receive one point each for winning the wild card positions. A Super Bowl Win will be worth 5 points (and still a 5 point title bonus) instead of 3 points for the playoff win.

There are seven winners. The player with the highest overall points total walks away with 40% of the pool; the second place finisher gets 20%; third place overall winner will get 10%; fourth place gets 8% and fifth place overall gets 6% of the total pot. I will also pay out 15% to the regular season champ and this year the bozo receives 1% of the pot. Assuming there are 100 players and a $2500 pot, the prizes amount to $1000, $500, $250, $200, $150 for first through fifth place overall. Then the Regular season winner would get $375 and $25 for the last place (Bozo) prize. Remember that all picks and money must be in before the first regular season game, which starts at 7:00 pm EDT on September 5th.

The cost of NFL teams
Team Cost
Broncos, Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots 7.50
Bengals, Chiefs, Seahawks, Vikings 5.00
Packers, Redskins, Steelers, Texans 4.00
Bills, Colts, Falcons, Jets 3.50
Eagles, Lions, Rams, Saints 3.00
Bears, Dolphins, Giants, Raiders 2.50
49ers, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Ravens 2.00
Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Titans 1.50

Rule of Thumb: If you can afford to buy another team you MUST do so! So Spend as much of the $25 entry fee as you can without going over $25!

Last edited:
In. Will there be an easy way to follow along throughout the season?

Just an FYI, you have two deadlines posted.

spreadsheet and calculator activated.

Clearly cut and paste isn't my friend.

Deadline is prior to the start of the first regular season game submitted.
Submissions must be sent to the league boss (who isn't me), so please let me know asap if you're interested so I can send you the official entry info.

Would you be able to share with us the total number of points that won it each year?

Clearly cut and paste isn't my friend.

Deadline is prior to the start of the first regular season game submitted.
Submissions must be sent to the league boss (who isn't me), so please let me know asap if you're interested so I can send you the official entry info.
I'm in, PM me $ address.

Would you be able to share with us the total number of points that won it each year?

Last year had 136 players

Regular season winner = 97 points
First Place = 122 points
Second = 119
Third = 115
Fourth = 114
Fifth = 109

Not sure about the bozo prize

I thought about trying to calculate it, but in the end just chose teams I like (and one I hate, but you know)

Just to be clear I understand the scoring can you verify that Denver would have been worth 41 points last year?

12-4 record +12
AFC West champs +5
Playoff bye +3
Playoff win +3
Playoff win +3
AFC conference champs +5
Super Bowl win +5
Super Bowl champs +5

Just to be clear I understand the scoring can you verify that Denver would have been worth 41 points last year?

12-4 record +12
AFC West champs +5
Playoff bye +3
Playoff win +3
Playoff win +3
AFC conference champs +5
Super Bowl win +5
Super Bowl champs +5

I don't think the Super Bowl counts twice but he can confirm.

I don't think the Super Bowl counts twice but he can confirm.
5 for the game win and 5 for the title, pretty sure it's both. Otherwise it would be 5 for the title (bonus just like winning the division and conference) and nothing for the game.

12-4 record +12
AFC West champs +5
Playoff bye +3
Playoff win +3
Playoff win +3
AFC conference champs +5
Super Bowl win +5
Super Bowl champs +5
Correct!

Curious on who joined from PCF and the teams you guys choose, excited to see how this plays out.

Cowboys
Packers
Steelers
Giants
Texans
Seahawks
Titans
Raiders

Curious on who joined from PCF and the teams you guys choose, excited to see how this plays out.

Cowboys
Packers
Steelers
Giants
Texans
Seahawks
Titans
Raiders
I won't disclose my picks before the games... after last year everyone would probably just copy them :D

I went

Patriots
Packers
Steelers
Colts
Rams
Chargers
Cowboys

For your amusement, mine are below.
Bryan will mail out a big spreadsheet every week that shows everyone's picks, points and standings. - and yes, registration is closed.
Seahawks
Cowboys
Steelers
Packers
Jets
Raiders
Giants
Jaguars

Many thanks to @trever for inviting us to the league, great setup and action all year long. I got lucky enough to take down the regular season and overall title, which means the majority of that will be going back into chips!

Many thanks to @trever for inviting us to the league, great setup and action all year long. I got lucky enough to take down the regular season and overall title, which means the majority of that will be going back into chips!
Congratulations! All hope was lost for me weeks ago, you still in the running for the playoffs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom