Cash Game 7-Card Stud - Betting Question re: Low Card Bring In (1 Viewer)

Phantom

Full House
Reaction score
Hi all,

Playing 50c/$1, with a low-card bring in of 25c.

If the low-card player 'checks' rather than completes, and another player completes to 50c during the ensuing action, but no further raising; can the low-card player then raise to $1.00 or can they only 'complete' to 50c?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers for any advice.

Throws in the bring in.
Other player completes to 50¢
Bring in raises another 50¢ total of 75¢ more from the bring in making it $1.

Sounds good

Sounds right to me too. I tried to find an example of a bring-in reraising or "check"-raising, and couldn't find one from an official-ish rules source (or really any source). However, those sources called a player completing to the small bet a "raise". So that means the bring-in's facing a raise and therefore can re-raise.

Sounds right to me too. I tried to find an example of a bring-in reraising or "check"-raising, and couldn't find one from an official-ish rules source (or really any source). However, those sources called a player completing to the small bet a "raise". So that means the bring-in's facing a raise and therefore can re-raise.
That makes sense too. Cheers mate.

Once the bet is completed, you are now dealing with "whole" small bet sizes...in this case, .50. so the betting would go as follows:

bring in .25
complete .25 to .5
raise .5 to $1
raise .5 to $1.5
cap .5 to $2

Anybody can raise in turn when facing an aggressive action....including player that brought in.

Once the bet is completed, you are now dealing with "whole" small bet sizes...in this case, .50. so the betting would go as follows:

bring in .25
complete .25 to .5
raise .5 to $1
raise .5 to $1.5
cap .5 to $2

Anybody can raise in turn when facing an aggressive action....including player that brought in.
Thanks mate. Good to know the bring in can raise as well :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom