Giveaway 64 participants for a giveaway (Final Four) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Now we have 64 participants.

As you can figure out pretty easily, this is gonna be a 64-entrant bracket. I know some of you can figure out at least some of the chips that are up for grabs just by seeing the rolling edge. To avoid people picking a number assuming they'd be assigned a certain chip, I am starting with the 12th chip (because @Statesvegas picked #12) and then assigning chips from there. So #1 (@detroitdad) gets chip #12, #2 (@cfowl23) gets chip #2, etc.

We are going to form four regions. 1-16 will form region 1, 17-32 will form region 2, etc. Entrants will be seeded against each other (1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc), but seeding doesn't mean anything.

Each matchup will be a 7-card stud heads-up flip. In round 1, the winner of the flip wins the chip of the other entrant and moves on. Chips are cumulative, so in Round 2, each entrant will have two chips at risk, etc.

After Round 1, you can concede to the other team *BEFORE* your the hand is dealt, and keep whatever chips you have collected, but will be conceding your original chip to the other entrant. If you concede a game and exit the tournament, you keep the chips you won, but shipping them to you is at your cost (actual cost, +$1 for a bubble mailer if you want it); I'm happy to make arrangements to get you the chip in person or add it on to another order, but I will not pay shipping to those conceding. If both teams try to concede, the team conceding first will be removed from the giveaway, and the other team will advance.

Example:
Player A was awarded a Bellagio $1 chip at the start of the game and Player B was awarded a Foxwoods $1 chip at the start of the game. The player meet in Round 3 and both players have collected 3 additional chips. Player B chooses to concede the game to Player A. Player B forfeits his Foxwoods $1 chip, but keeps the other 3 chips that he won. Player B must pay postage on the chips he keeps, and Player A advances, adding the Foxwoods $1 chip to the other 4 chips he's collected and advances to Round 4. Because I am an asshole, I will play out conceded games and show whether the conceding player would have won. But that is just because I am a glutton for the pain of others.

If you make it to the Final Four, you can "lock" four chips; you've won those, and shipping for those chips is on me. You cannot concede any matches after the Final Four is set. The winner of the final game gets all the unlocked chips (shipping on me), plus some additional surprises.

Questions? Fire away.

Regions will be posted shortly.

431EF7D0-C77F-4AD3-A97B-C9494B6D0E40.gif

I’ll make it easy for you Wedge - I’m conceding nothing. It’s Final Four or bust for me.

Let's get started!

Game GPI1

@detroitdad makes two pair, but it's not enough and @FordPickup92 wins with a (wait for it) bigger two pair.

IMG_20200802_214925420.jpg

EDIT: I already fucked up. @FordPickup92 was #16, but I gave her chip #2. Her chip is a BCC Four Queens $1, not the Buffalo Bodega Chipco. Her queens and dueces still wins. (And now, @cfowl knows what chip he gets as the #2 seed in the GPI Region.)

@FordPickup92, here's your chip:

IMG_20200802_220318160_20200802220655641.jpg

Last edited:
TRK region is full of PCF rookies, who are these people? What is a @rxed?

Gonna wreck this field, I'm looking forward to taking chips from whoever makes it out the BCC. Bring them BBCs (big beautiful chips).

Thanks @WedgeRock, the free chips are nice but the sweat and competition is awesome!

Edit: didn't see it was 7 card stud Not my best game but I'll try. Probably getting rekt by rxed.

Let's get started!

Game GPI1

@detroitdad makes two pair, but it's not enough and @FordPickup92 wins with a (wait for it) bigger two pair.

View attachment 501870

EDIT: I already fucked up. @FordPickup92 was #16, but I gave her chip #2. Her chip is a BCC Four Queens $1, not the Buffalo Bodega Chipco. Her queens and dueces still wins. (And now, @cfowl knows what chip he gets as the #2 seed in the GPI Region.)

@FordPickup92, here's your chip:

View attachment 501893
Cool beans, no worries on the chip wedge, thanks again for the giveaway (I do love BCC tho)

Damn it. Thanks for the quick exit. Was fun while it lasted. Good luck everyone. The members here are great for these giveaways. So much appreciated.

Last one for tonight. Let's jump to the BCC Region for a 12v5 matchup.

@JWJ is showing a better hand although @Zmasterben has a straight draw. @JWJ can only manage ace high, and with three hidden clubs, @Zmasterben hits a flush instead of a straight.
IMG_20200802_223712409.jpg

EDIT: Fuck up #2, I switched the chips. As the #5 seed, @JWJ should've got the Vito's chip while @Zmasterben got the Belterra. It only matters if @Zmasterben concedes later... The results are correct.

I think that means it's time for bed.

Last edited:
Wait I thought I got the 5 slot?

I had no idea what that meant. #5? #12 (12 inches in a foot)?

I asked for a clarification, but never got one.

Truly not trying to be a jackass, but filling the bracket last night was a chore when it should've been relatively easy. I'll hold a spot for you next time.

All good. Thought it was clear and you were making that comment on the innuendo. No biggie. :tup:

Staying in the TRK Region, the crowd is clamoring for a 7 v 10 matchup.

We're having the guys in the truck look into the technical difficulties causing the lo-res images.

@Marhault brings his A game, showing a pair of cowboys against @Ronoh's lowly pair of sevens... @Marhault improves to Kings and 4s, but @Ronoh WILL.NOT.BE.DENIED as he steams his way to 10's full.
IMG_20200803_222309072.jpg

Last game of the night takes us back to the BCC Region for a 8v9 matchup.

@Coyote is on a backdoor heart draw while @warewulf shows a pair of 9's
@warewulf's 9's hold!
IMG_20200803_225700075.jpg

We are just 1/4 of the way through the first round. I'll try and get four more games up each night. By next week, we'll be on to Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom