$5.00 Plaques from MSK Gaming - OFFICIAL GROUP BUY Thread (2 Viewers)

What edge color would you like to see?

• Red

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • White

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Matsuis are incredible, $20/plaque or not they are stunning in material and print quality.

IMHO it's very unfair to compare the two plaques and say "This is obvs the best." because they are not on the same planet. I can't imagine the heat someone would feel if they proclaimed Majestics as the chip of choice over TRK Mapes because of the price difference. ;) :D

Damn those plaques look good! How much are they gonna be worth, though?

You mean in the resale market? Depends on if/when anyone sells them, but even then I doubt they'd sell much above cost. MSK doesn't have a minimum so it's easy enough for anyone to get their own customs made.

I got these since I host a lot of micro-stakes games - mainly .25/.50. We have tons of quarters and $1s on the tables, but I would get annoyed when rebuys required thirty or forty $5 denom chips to be put into play. They were always the lone straggler chips, and were more troubleosome than anything. Some guys would have two or three, other guys would have five or six, but you never really knew anyone's total stack size since those reds always got lost in the action, hidden behind four barrels of $1s, etc.

The $5 plaque replaces those "lone stragglers" with something that is a little more "baller" for my group, and is just more obvious to the rest of the table as to how much each player's stack size really is. It also makes the big bets really stand out; instead of some one dropping two red $5 chips on a stack of ten white $1s, they can stack those ten white $1s on top of two snazzy plaques.

Having 30 or 40 plaques just makes more sense to me than having 30 or 40 red chips strewn in among 100 quarters and 500 dollar chips.

So to me, they are priceless... and I doubt I'd ever sell them.

Well, I guess we know where the secondary buyer market is located. :D

I would be in for some MSK $20s and $100s, and even $500s, if a group-buy occurred, but only if the sizes increased with the values. I'm sure it's a pain for stacking, but I just prefer the plaques to get slightly bigger as the denominations increase.

Either way, these $5s look sweet and I'm eager to receive mine! Thanks, again!

Amazing plaques...well done guys... if you decide to do them in $1K and $5K denominations, I am in :)

They are on home soil!!

Untitled-1.jpg

"Your item is being processed by United States Customs."

How awesome would it be if one day someone signs up to the forum and their intro thread says "Hi, I work for the United Stated Customs department inspecting packages. I had to inspect a package marked "poker supplies" one day and found these really cool rectangle poker chips. I got interested and did some research and now I'm....". :D It has to have happened at some point, right? I mean with all the custom sets that have been produced and sold over seas, eBay/chiproom/private sales, etc etc etc, some customs officer in some country has had to have opened a package of poker chips and said "Cool!".

"Your item is being processed by United States Customs."

How awesome would it be if one day someone signs up to the forum and their intro thread says "Hi, I work for the United Stated Customs department inspecting packages. I had to inspect a package marked "poker supplies" one day and found these really cool rectangle poker chips. I got interested and did some research and now I'm....". :D It has to have happened at some point, right? I mean with all the custom sets that have been produced and sold over seas, eBay/chiproom/private sales, etc etc etc, some customs officer in some country has had to have opened a package of poker chips and said "Cool!".

On the flip side, I had to sign for some chips that NobleCountyDanny sent me the other day. The post man asked me "so what did you get?" When I told him "old poker chips," he gave me this baffled expression and said, "the guy who sent you these made you SIGN for old poker chips? What... does he think they're worth something?!?!?" And then proceeded to laugh hysterically. I didn't bother to explain. I grabbed my box and went back into my place.

Thanks, post man. Thanks.

PLAQUES ARRIVE IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

track0315.jpg

For those who have any question about MSK's service, check out this timeline:

- Feb. 24: Payment sent to MSK
- Feb. 25: Payment confirmed by MSK
- Mar. 10: Plaques completed by MSK
- Mar. 16: Plaques delivered (scheduled) to customer.

21 day total turnaround.

That's kind of insane. :cool:

PLAQUES ARRIVE IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

View attachment 34929

For those who have any question about MSK's service, check out this timeline:

- Feb. 24: Payment sent to MSK
- Feb. 25: Payment confirmed by MSK
- Mar. 10: Plaques completed by MSK
- Mar. 16: Plaques delivered (scheduled) to customer.

21 day total turnaround.

That's kind of insane. :cool:
Wasn't there a week of downtime in there on their end as well

So, now that you have them in hand ... any comments about quality between MSK and Matsui?

Matsui is definitely a higher quality product all around, from the finish to the printing.

Some notes:
  • About 6 MSK plaques stack up against 5 Matsuis, with a hair to spare.
  • You can fit 13 MSK plaques in the Matsui rack sections that fit 10 Matsui plaques ... 52 MSK total vs. 40 Matsui total
  • The finish of the MSK plaques leaves quite a bit to be desired. When you hold the plaques on edge (to see glare/reflections) you can visibly see the imperfections, pock marks, scratches, and general lack of "smoothness" on the surface, whereas the Matsuis are truly pristine from edge to edge. However, this actually makes the MSK plaques more "playable" in my mind, as I'm definitely less worried about wear and tear as it is somewhat "built in," if that makes sense.
  • The Matsui plaques seem to have much better resolution/detail to the printing. That said, I think we made the overall graphic too small on the $5 image, and could have enlarged it to take up more space and potentially provide more detail. Lesson learned.
  • Pro for MSK ... the colored edges are just badass.
  • Overall the weights (MSK vs Matsui) seem VERY similar (subjectively).

After first glance, that's all I have to offer..

All the criticisms (and nitpicking) listed above aside, these plaques just "feel" great and I'm excited to put them in play tomorrow night at my .25/.50 game. I really think my group are just gonna f*ckin love these things! I'm sure all the GB members will too!!

Matsui is definitely a higher quality product all around, from the finish to the printing.

Some notes:
  • About 6 MSK plaques stack up against 5 Matsuis, with a hair to spare.
  • You can fit 13 MSK plaques in the Matsui rack sections that fit 10 Matsui plaques ... 52 MSK total vs. 40 Matsui total
  • The finish of the MSK plaques leaves quite a bit to be desired. When you hold the plaques on edge (to see glare/reflections) you can visibly see the imperfections, pock marks, scratches, and general lack of "smoothness" on the surface, whereas the Matsuis are truly pristine from edge to edge. However, this actually makes the MSK plaques more "playable" in my mind, as I'm definitely less worried about wear and tear as it is somewhat "built in," if that makes sense.
  • The Matsui plaques seem to have much better resolution/detail to the printing. That said, I think we made the overall graphic too small on the $5 image, and could have enlarged it to take up more space and potentially provide more detail. Lesson learned.
  • Pro for MSK ... the colored edges are just badass.
  • Overall the weights (MSK vs Matsui) seem VERY similar (subjectively).

After first glance, that's all I have to offer..

All the criticisms (and nitpicking) listed above aside, these plaques just "feel" great and I'm excited to put them in play tomorrow night at my .25/.50 game. I really think my group are just gonna f*ckin love these things! I'm sure all the GB members will too!!

Sweet! Thanks for the initial thoughts on the two. Cant wait to get my own hands on these now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom