43mm Project Discussion (6 Viewers)

Having made a pre-order that includes three out of the four chips being revised:

Yellow: Happy either way, but update is definitely an improvement.
Blue: Looks great! Huge difference
Pink: In my opinion, depending on lighting I think the new “pink” is worse than original prototype. It looks dull and almost peach/salmon. The hot pink from blue chip would make a great body color, but I prefer original prototype if this isn’t possible.

i think the blue is amazing, yellow & black are very good also - depending on the pink i would leave as you had it as the new pink looks very light unless you can match the hot pink from the blue chip.

my pre-order includes all 4 of these so pretty happy with the design.

Great work..

Really nice improvements!! Beautiful blue chip!

Pink chip with hot pink body color would be perfect.

Red on the black chip still looks weird. Either go with red chip body color, or with the hot pink. One less color for chip manufacturer to try to produce.

How's the shade of red on the white $500 chip? I cant tell from the pic given the light differences.

The new chips look great except the pink. As someone said, it's almost a salmon color. The original "hot pink" is immeasurably better. I ordered those as 100Ks so hopefully they stay as they are.

I haven't preordered any and probably won't for a few years
Ehhh... As someone who hopefully will place an order this week (depending on shipping costs), my two cents are:

Black: Good that the blue is brighter. Can't argue against hot pink (or why not red?) for the other stripe, but it looks pretty good as is.

Pink: Sorry, but I think it's too pale. I liked the old version. Hot pink sounds hot, though.

Yellow: Blue and yellow go really well together, everyone knows that! ;)

Blue: WOW!!! :wow:

Regarding the latest photo of the factory samples, there appears to be some kind of round emboss, off center, in some of the chips. What is that? Is that a mere trick of light - a kind of surface reflection? Or is there truly a deformation in the surface of the chip? (Forgive me if this was addressed earlier - I can't search 26 pages of comments!)

- Empty Light

Attachments

• Royal chip for update color s050819.jpg
    Royal chip for update color s050819.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 264
Regarding the latest photo of the factory samples, there appears to be some kind of round emboss, off center, in some of the chips. What is that? Is that a mere trick of light - a kind of surface reflection? Or is there truly a deformation in the surface of the chip? (Forgive me if this was addressed earlier - I can't search 26 pages of comments!)

- Empty Light
That's common with a China Clay.

- Empty Light
As Sean points out, that's common on China Clay. It won't be noticeable at all with a laminated label, and does not hamper the ability for the label to stick.

Wow, the yellow and blue are very nice! I like the old pink better and the black would probably look cool with the pink that is now on the blue chip.

The red on the $5 chip and the pink on the new blue chip are a huge step up for china clay colors.

This set is shaping up to be fantastic!!

Love the blue chip, but now the green seems quite flat with the other colors... On the original, it pops like the others... Not trying to be critical, it is a major imporvement, but just wondering if they could do the same color pop to the green. Love the yellow... Prefer the original pink and on the $100 I would go with the original blue and the new hot pink... Those are my thoughts...

Here are the new prototypes.
Black chip - Blue has been lightened.
Yellow chip - Edge spot has been changed to blurple.
Pink chip - Has been lightened.
Blue chip - Pink and orange spots have been updated.

This picture is not the best. I will have samples here in a few days. It is a bad picture of the pink chip so I can't really judge till they are here. Worse case scenario is keep the original color they made or switch over to the new hot pink they made for the dark blue chip. These are just about finished so mass production should start soon.

View attachment 285451
Move that hot pink spot to the base of the pink chip and order 2X as many as you originally planned because you won't be able to keep it in stock......I know PZ will cuss me but you can put that spot on the balck chip too (all of this depending on that spot looking as vibrant in person as it does on the image)

As Sean points out, that's common on China Clay. It won't be noticeable at all with a laminated label, and does not hamper the ability for the label to stick.
Ah, cool... Perhaps a minor dimple from the device that ejects the chip from the mold. I figured it had to be something trivial like that.

I'm looking forward to delivery!

Move that hot pink spot to the base of the pink chip and order 2X as many as you originally planned because you won't be able to keep it in stock......I know PZ will cuss me but you can put that spot on the balck chip too (all of this depending on that spot looking as vibrant in person as it does on the image)
I wouldn't cuss you, but the came bright color on 3 chips in the set takes the "pop" away from the pop.

I wouldn't cuss you, but the came bright color on 3 chips in the set takes the "pop" away from the pop.

Nobody likes the weird salmon color on the $100 in the last sample. The natural choice for a $100 accent color then is either the $5 red or the new $25k hot pink.

Either way you end up with 3 chips with the same color -
Red - $5 body, $100 spot, $500 spot
OR
Hot Pink - $100 spot, $25k spot, $100k body

No losers in that choice but personally I like the hot pink. It's a break through color for a China clay chip and putting it on the $100 gets it down into the lower value chip range.

Nobody likes the weird salmon color on the $100 in the last sample. The natural choice for a $100 accent color then is either the $5 red or the new $25k hot pink.

OR

No losers in that choice but personally I like the hot pink. It's a break through color for a China clay chip and putting it on the $100 gets it down into the lower value chip range.

View attachment 286087
I would buy the hundo with a hot pink spot. But I am good with using the gray as my T100. Either way.

OR

View attachment 286087
The first version of the 100,000 is an acceptable color to add into the mix. No need to make 3 chips the same color.

If the 100 stays as salmon, I am fine with that. I like the salmon on black. Muted colors for a classy, not garish set.

The new prototypes are the top row. The pink chip is not that good. Yellow chip is a big improvement. The lighter blue spot on the black chip looks better.
New dark blue chip is much better.
Yellow and dark blue are finished!
Pink will be either new edge spot color on dark blue chip or first version of pink.
The black chip might have the new pink edge spot color if that color will not be used on the new pink chip. I will not have the new pink color used on three different chips. I like the salmon color so it will likely stay on the black chip.
IMG_7878.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
IMG_7855.jpg

The new prototypes are the top row. The pink chip is not that good. Yellow chip is a big improvement. The lighter blue spot on the black chip looks better.
Pink will be either new edge spot color on dark blue chip or first version of pink.
The black chip might have the new pink edge spot color if that color will not be used on the new pink chip. I will not have the new pink color used on three different chips. I like the salmon color so it will likely stay on the black chip.
View attachment 286335View attachment 286337View attachment 286338View attachment 286340
I personally like the first pink chip as is, looks great in person. I’d vote for the new hot pink on the black chip though, the salmon pink color is just kind of dull in person.

View attachment 286335View attachment 286337View attachment 286338View attachment 286340

Solid !!!! these are going to sell - and fast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom