For Sale 28 Poker Books for $150 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Time to clean off the top shelf in the guest room, so I have lots of poker books to go. I don't really have the time or the patience to sell them one-by-one, so I'm just going to list them with one price to take the lot of them. If you don't want me to send any particular title for any particular reason (or just to cut down on the shipping cost), just let me know, but the price is for the lot no matter which you choose not to take.

TITLES/AUTHORS (in no particular order and with links to amazon)
Super System (Brunson)
Super System 2 (Brunson)
Negreanu's Power Hold 'Em Strategy (Negreanu)
Caro's Book of Tells (Caro)
Poker Wisdom of a Champion (Brunson)
Play Poker Like the Pros (Hellmuth)
Bad Beats & Lucky Draws (Hellmuth)
Harrington on Hold 'Em, Vol. 1 (Harrington)
Harrington on Hold 'Em, Vol. 2 (Harrington)
Harrington on Cash Games, Vol. 1 (Harrington)
Harrington on Cash Games, Vol. 2 (Harrington)
Deal Me In (John/Karlins)
Pot Limit Omaha (Hwang)
Every Hand Revealed (Hansen)
The Theory of Poker (Sklansky)
No Limit Hold 'Em: Theory and Practice (Sklanksy/Miller)
Small Stakes Hold 'Em (Miller/Sklansky)
Small Stakes No Limit Hold 'Em (Miller/Mehta/Flynn)
Hold 'Em Poker for Advanced Players (Sklansky)
Professional No Limit Hold 'Em, Vol. 1 (Flynn/Mehta/Miller)
High Low Split Poker (Zee)
7 Card Stud (Sklansky/Zee)
Advanced Pot Limit Omaha, Vol. 1 (Hwang)
Advanced Pot Limit Omaha, Vol. 2 (Hwang)
Kill Phil (Rodman/Nelson)
Championship No Limit & Pot Limit Hold 'Em (Cloutier)
The Mathematics of Poker (Chen/Ankenman)
Secrets of Professional Pot Limit Omaha (Slotboom)

i had no real idea how to price such a lot, so like a nerd i added up all the used prices (plus shipping on each since the used books aren't eligible for free shipping on amazon) and it comes to $298.29 (fyi buying new and getting free shipping comes to $526.48). so i settled on half of the used price.

the price for all above, then, is $150 shipped. i have no problem shipping internationally, but we'll have to work something out with regard to shipping costs. thanks in advance!

QT9YBoF.jpg
3FnOGJS.jpg

sold. that was fast - thanks, manamong!

pro tip: read every hand revealed by gus while watching the 2007 aussie millions which is still available on youtube and pokertube. i did when i got it several years ago and it was actually really fun.

even a few of the lol looking titles are pretty interesting. i have no idea how i got a hold of a few of these (the hellmuth books and brunson's poker wisdom) - maybe purchasing a lot of books such as this at one time - but the hellmuth bad beats book has some pretty amusing stories that inadvertently capture some of the pre-moneymaker poker culture and since they do so inadvertently, while there are plenty of details within the stories that don't quite ring true, you can see through the veneer if you read them right to get a feeling for how things were among the "professional" poker class before the internet boom.

the same is true in a different way for tj cloutier's book. it's ostensibly a strategy book, but is much better read from a sociological perspective at this point since most of the ideas are either antiquated or so well-understood as to not need to be further discussed.

deal me in is not a bad bathroom book. each chapter is written by a different poker "celebrity" who tells his/her story about "making it" in poker. i seem to remember enjoying reading it one chapter every so often, but the only one i can now remember is chau giang's. while there's a zero percent chance he actually wrote it, the ghost writer gets his voice in there a little bit.

even a few of the lol looking titles are pretty interesting. i have no idea how i got a hold of a few of these (the hellmuth books and brunson's poker wisdom) - maybe purchasing a lot of books such as this at one time - but the hellmuth bad beats book has some pretty amusing stories that inadvertently capture some of the pre-moneymaker poker culture and since they do so inadvertently, while there are plenty of details within the stories that don't quite ring true, you can see through the veneer if you read them right to get a feeling for how things were among the "professional" poker class before the internet boom.

the same is true in a different way for tj cloutier's book. it's ostensibly a strategy book, but is much better read from a sociological perspective at this point since most of the ideas are either antiquated or so well-understood as to not need to be further discussed.

deal me in is not a bad bathroom book. each chapter is written by a different poker "celebrity" who tells his/her story about "making it" in poker. i seem to remember enjoying reading it one chapter every so often, but the only one i can now remember is chau giang's. while there's a zero percent chance he actually wrote it, the ghost writer gets his voice in there a little bit.

Did Cloutiers book include details of avoiding pit games? Lol. Very well known he has lost millions upon millions of dollars playing pit games like pai gow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom