25 years ago tonight ....what were you doing? (1 Viewer)

legend672

Full House
Reaction score
well grateful dead came high-stepping into Boston Massachusetts for a six night run at the old Boston Garden garden. Highly anticipated shows both for the locals and for heads throughout the country. the Boston fans very vocal and very excited . It had been a long time coming, since they had not been in town forever .
Opened with touch of grey , rooster then jack and black . halfway through black throated wind they kick it into gear, a gear which they never came out of it.
6 big nights of fall tour hockey arena goodness . No fooling around , all business goodness . Second set help >slip> fire
Estimated truckin' was through the roof. Lovelight encore almost brought the balcony down.

I was in kindergarten 25 years ago.

.... So I was probably playing with Lincoln logs or playing Mario Bros on the NES home entertainment system.

Edit: wait I lied. I was in second grade. What I was doing still applies.

Shiiiiiiiiiit, I was just happy to not be old enough to be going to a Dead concert 25 years ago and then I read the not yet thirty guys post.... FU! ;)

Gotta start young if you want to accumulate as many chips as a lot of folks around here (y) :thumbsup:

Plotting ways to do away with my new 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Cherpak. Yes, that was her real name, and that's exactly what she did. (n) :thumbsdown:

Just wrapping up another night of 1st grade, so homework, dinner, playing and an early bed time.

I don't imagine there is anyone that would have people that excited for shows in this day in age. The young talent doesn't have any and would have starved back in the day

Go Huskies !?

Word.

Husky-Stadium-To-Print-1560x1055_zpslbp6g2l2.jpg

;)

I remember that. It was my freshman year at BC and I was shaking my head at 3 or 4 hippies in my dorm who were all excited that the Dead were in town.

And thanks for reminding me that college was 25 year ago and I'm old.

Last edited:
I was 12 and just about to move from Scottsdale to Seattle.
I was 12 and just about to move from Seattle to Cincinnati. (Actually 28 yrs ago, so in reality I was a HS freshman lamenting that I had left town as the grunge movement swept the nation).

I should have been starting grade 8 but instead was awaiting trial for a series of unlawful entries and joyriding charges. I wouldn't discover the Greatful Dead until after serving my 5 months in juvenile hall when a pool hall / arcade had Touch of Grey on some random compilation. To this day it's still the only dead song I can name although recerntly I watched a documentry called The Other One, which follows the journey of Bob Weir, the other guitarist for the dead.

25 years ago today...

The Good: My daughter just turned 3.
The Bad: I was just coming out of a divorce & the death of my father.
The Ugly: I was partying way too much and acting like an total idiot.

Let's see, 9:57pm, 25 years ago. I was 13, two weeks into my freshman year of high school, probably arguing with my parents about how unfair it was that I still had a bed time that was coming up in three minutes.

I remember that. It was my freshman year at BC and I was shaking my head at 3 or 4 hippies in my dorm who were all excited that the Dead were in town.

And thanks for reminding me that college was 25 year ago and I'm old.

Surprised they had any hippies at BC where you had to get dressed up for class, unlike NU, where you stumbled in with sweats and a coffee from the roach coach with the good coffee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom