2019 Custom Chip Set of the Year - ** BRACKETS ADDED ** (2 Viewers)

The deadline is still Sat night, but here are the match ups if no additional sets are added.
Bracket was created with a random sort.
The # for each set is simply the # from the list when the set was added

There are some heavy weights going at it in round 1, but to claim victory you are going to have to battle a heavy weight at some point.

1576242902616.png

When the voting starts, will there be a place to dump pics or do people follow the link back to the original thread? Either way time to update my pron

When the voting starts, will there be a place to dump pics or do people follow the link back to the original thread? Either way time to update my pron

Good question.
I would like to link pics to each to click on for a quick look when you vote, but I think the voting will be best done using Google Forms, I have to look into if that is possible.
I am not an avid Google Forms user so I don't know for sure at this point.

Probably the easiest way is to create a poll here for each matchup, that way people can post their own pron and see the results in real time
I have as much experience making a pole here as I do using Google forms. I thought someone said there was a limit to the # of pole questions on here?
Also, anyone who knows - Can you create a pole on here where you have 2 choices and you have to pick 1 and only 1 between the 2, and then do that 16 times for the 16 different match-ups?

Or are you saying to make 1 thread with 1 match up per thread? So 16 different threads?

I have as much experience making a pole here as I do using Google forms. I thought someone said there was a limit to the # of pole questions on here?
Also, anyone who knows - Can you create a pole on here where you have 2 choices and you have to pick 1 and only 1 between the 2, and then do that 16 times for the 16 different match-ups?

You'd have to do a different thread for each matchup probably

Limit of 20 lines of voting.

Or are you saying to make 1 thread with 1 match up per thread? So 16 different threads?

Yes, you can allow only one vote per thread. You will have to do it 16 times.

I can help with that if you want

You can add 1 pic per selection on Google Forms.
Not so much pron, and definitely not high res, but at least it is all in one place.

1576253481994.png

A dedicated thread for each match up would be ideal, then the two combatants can post all the pron they want in the thread.
With 16 different threads is the consensus that people will go to all the threads to vote? Or will they all get jumbled up and lost amongst all the other threads that get posted/commented on around them??

The deadline is still Sat night, but here are the match ups if no additional sets are added.
Bracket was created with a random sort.
The # for each set is simply the # from the list when the set was added

There are some heavy weights going at it in round 1, but to claim victory you are going to have to battle a heavy weight at some point.

View attachment 378983

love this lol.

A dedicated thread for each match up would be ideal, then the two combatants and post all the pron they want in the thread.
With 16 different threads is the consensus that people will go to all the threads to vote? Or will they all get jumbled up and lost amongst all the other threads that get posted/commented on around them??

I vote to do 16 separate threads here. Then we can link all 16 threads in one OP for easy access?

As I said. I'll have time on SUN or MON to do this. Its a slow work week.

Then we can link all 16 threads in one OP for easy access?

Good Idea, I was stumped on them all getting lost but a new thread with links to the individual voting threads should do the trick.
I was thinking about having 2 different 1st rounds anyways, that way there are only a max of 8 threads going on any any 1 time, then it goes down from there.

It shouldn't take much but creating a post for each one and then the owners can post all the pron they want.
I'll hit you up if I need some help :tup:

A dedicated thread for each match up would be ideal, then the two combatants can post all the pron they want in the thread.
I guess not, if threads are properly titled

Good Idea, I was stumped on them all getting lost but a new thread with links to the individual voting threads should do the trick.
I was thinking about having 2 different 1st rounds anyways, that way there are only a max of 8 threads going on any any 1 time, then it goes down from there.

It shouldn't take much but creating a post for each one and then the owners can post all the pron they want.
I'll hit you up if I need some help :tup:

Sounds good. I owe you for managing the Parks and Rec spreadsheet anyways. Hell, you were damn near on call for me lol.

IMO, you have 32 sets, that's 31 head-to-head matchups. I'd run a matchup a week, with a week off for holidays when people aren't around as much (Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years and my birthday) and you should finish somewhere in October or November. Just in time to fire up a new contest for the 2020 chips!

EDIT: Giving it more though, you have four rounds. Maybe run a quarter of round 1 concurrently, and let it run for 2 or 3 weeks (that's 4 matchups) which should give plenty of time for everyone to see, stump, and vote. Even at 3 weeks (with 4 matchups running at a time), you'll get done in 3 months. Then start with Round 2. Again, 4 matchups at a time for 3 weeks, and you'll be down to just 8 sets by mid-May. Then, you can run the matchups for the final 8 chips sets solo, 3 weeks at a time.
Then we can link all 16 threads in one OP for easy access?

Yep, make one master thread that has links to each of the match-ups. Then a mod can spin that thread.

Last edited:
IMO, you have 32 sets, that's 31 head-to-head matchups. I'd run a matchup a week, with a week off for holidays when people aren't around as much (Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years and my birthday) and you should finish somewhere in October or November. Just in time to fire up a new contest for the 2020 chips!

You should’ve been a doctor instead of a lawyer, cause you have so much patience

EDIT: Giving it more though, you have four rounds. Maybe run a quarter of round 1 concurrently, and let it run for 2 or 3 weeks (that's 4 matchups) which should give plenty of time for everyone to see, stump, and vote. Even at 3 weeks (with 4 matchups running at a time), you'll get done in 3 months. Then start with Round 2. Again, 4 matchups at a time for 3 weeks, and you'll be down to just 8 sets by mid-May. Then, you can run the matchups for the final 8 chips sets solo, 3 weeks at a time.

I was thinking 48hrs per round and have this shit wrapped up by New Years :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom