2016 PCF Calendar Nomination Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my TRK Kings Crown cash set. I need a better camera.
(I have higher res images if needed)

20150917_003127.jpg 20150917_003148.jpg 20150917_003226.jpg 20150917_003242.jpg 20150917_003328.jpg 20150917_003408.jpg 20150917_003428.jpg 20150917_003440.jpg 20150917_003447.jpg 20150917_003714.jpg 20150917_003723.jpg 20150917_003738.jpg 20150917_003816.jpg 20150917_003826.jpg 20150917_003850.jpg 20150917_003903.jpg

1. Zombie Poker Club (nepotism rules!)
  2. Nine Dragons
  3. Deja Vu (cash)
  4. Boulevard
  5. Golden Apple (tourney)
  6. Flying Pig
  7. Iron Bank
  8. Exit Only
  9. CPS (tourney). Not because they're particularly beautiful (though the T5000 can be argued), but because they were the biggest GB ever, and that deserves some sort of recognition.
  10. Toby's Everleigh "Dryer" chip. I know it's not technically a set, but I'm opening the door to a future of add-ons, and commems, without actually proposing much discussion. Plus, it makes me smile and weep at the same time.
  11. Terribles St. Jo's Secondaries. I love those hawt pink fracs!
Edit: New list later in thread....

Last edited:
Replaced TBD in my post (#33) with Terrible's St Joes. Revisions still possible - digging through posts from times gone by while watching Doctor Who, so I should be finished by sometime yesterday...

Toby's Everleigh "Dryer" chip. I know it's not technically a set, but I'm opening the door to a future of add-ons, and commems, without actually proposing much discussion. Plus, it makes me smile and weep at the same time.

FYI I'm disqualify this one. Everleigh had already been featured. And unless he puts the whole set in the dryer its not a "set" :)

FYI I'm disqualify this one. Everleigh had already been featured. And unless he puts the whole set in the dryer its not a "set" :)

Fair enough... Lots of discussion has occurred in previous years involving what qualifies for the calendar, and "sets" always wins. This keeps brilliant designers from adding on 1 or 2 new chips and getting their set featured again (thus denying a 1st timer entry to a less-brilliant designer). I think it's not right, because as I look at my calendar 1st thing (well second after the alarm clock) every morning, I am looking at something astounding. I don't care who made it. To know that Ben's $500 supernova will never adorn my wall makes me a little sad.

The STJ secondary fracs are the best of all Terrible's. I have 8000+ STJ but not one of those purdy fracs with the blue spot. I have trouble sleeping...

These are not mine of course they belong to MrWhitti in Switzerland

Those are the ones! Changing nomination to secondaries now. I don't know who has the largest set (or the best pics) to be featured, but those are the chips I :ah::kh::qh::jh::th:! (That means I flushin' love them)

Fair enough... Lots of discussion has occurred in previous years involving what qualifies for the calendar, and "sets" always wins. This keeps brilliant designers from adding on 1 or 2 new chips and getting their set featured again (thus denying a 1st timer entry to a less-brilliant designer). I think it's not right, because as I look at my calendar 1st thing (well second after the alarm clock) every morning, I am looking at something astounding. I don't care who made it. To know that Ben's $500 supernova will never adorn my wall makes me a little sad.

Those are the ones! Changing nomination to secondaries now. I don't know who has the largest set (or the best pics) to be featured, but those are the chips I :ah::kh::qh::jh::th:! (That means I flushin' love them)

No fracs :( :( - short on hundos :( :(

[URL=http://s174.photobucket.com/user/slisk/media/image.jpg2.jpg.html][/URL]

I have had to make yet another revision. This time it was while digging through the archives, and while it may have been featured in a CT calendar It is not on the PCF calendar list, so I'm going to add it, and officially remove the "dryer chip".

1. Zombie Poker Club (nepotism rules!)
  2. Nine Dragons
  3. Deja Vu (cash)
  4. Boulevard
  5. Golden Apple (tourney)
  6. Flying Pig
  7. Iron Bank
  8. Exit Only
  9. CPS (tourney). Not because they're particularly beautiful (though the T5000 can be argued), but because they were the biggest GB ever, and that deserves some sort of recognition.
  10. Crystal Park CA (cash)
  11. Terribles St. Jo's Secondaries. I love those hawt pink fracs!
Further updates may be forthcoming as I proceed on with due diligence.

What about the PCF tourney chips? Haven't seen them mentioned and it kind of makes sense to include them.

I'm not very good at taking pics but here they are. Great job woody!

pcf_tourney_chips1.jpg

The faux gold ring on those really makes them a tempting addition. So many great sets, only 11 nominations. I need to get Mrs. Zombie to make an account...

In all fairness there was a calendar discussion thread some time ago. I'm not sure if you ever mentioned it there but it would be the best place to plead your case. There wasn't a lot of input for change so things have stayed the same.

IMO unless at least half the set was being remade (maggini card room style) I don't think anything needs to change. Otherwise we'll probably end up with the same sets year after year. And don't forget there will be a dedicated month to HoF entries so sets are going to have the chance to featured again in that.

Hmmm, can't edit my post. Sooo... ignore post #4. Revised list:

Zombie Poker Club - Poker Zombie
The Boulevard - bmichaelhorn
Iron Bank - stocky
Pat's Poker Room - PatTheCat
Donkwoods - manamongkids
The Armory - psypher
Exit Only Lounge - slisk
Copperhead Road - ophiuchus
Tropicana 1st ed. - 41pickup
Piss'd N' Broke - Payback
Maggini's Cardroom - dale_doback