SOLD 1300 Bud Jones Roulette chips in original boxes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGardener

Two Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This set is 1300 unbranded Bud Jones roulette chips in 7 colors. Each color has 200 chips in uncirculated condition and in their original packaging. The exception is the lightest blue chip, which has 100 rather than 200. I can also throw in a bird cage. I would like to get 400 for the set, or I am willing to break it up if we can get all the colors spoken for.

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 6.39.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 6.39.24 PM.png

Last edited:
This set is 1300 unbranded Bud Jones roulette chips in 7 colors. Each color has 200 chips in uncirculated condition and in their original packaging. The exception is the lightest blue chip, which has 100 rather than 200. I can also throw in a bird cage. I would like to get 400 for the set, or I am willing to break it up if we can get all the colors spoken for.

View attachment 748576

View attachment 748577
If only they had sterling silver rings around them...

Cool chips though! Where did you pick these up from?

These aren’t bud jones. I’m not sure what they are, my best guess would be something like RT Plastics, but they are definitely not one of Bud Jones’ current or former offerings.

They are absolutely Bud Jones as confirmed by ChipGuide and Jerry Birl (who literally wrote the book on Roulette chips).
The ChipGuide is extremely inaccurate. It’s pretty much crowdsourced information, and it tends to have manufacture dates decades off, and lists chips as current when they’ve been obsolete for decades.

The reason I’m so sure these are not Bud Jones is because they have ejection marks on the face of the chip (something Bud Jones’ chips never have) and an injected roulette design rather than a hot stamp or decal (also something Bud Jones has never done).

The ChipGuide is extremely inaccurate. It’s pretty much crowdsourced information, and it tends to have manufacture dates decades off, and lists chips as current when they’ve been obsolete for decades.

The reason I’m so sure these are not Bud Jones is because they have ejection marks on the face of the chip (something Bud Jones’ chips never have) and an injected roulette design rather than a hot stamp or decal (also something Bud Jones has never done).
And the reason I am so sure they are BJ is because I have the original packaging and material directly from BJ with matching manufacturer color numbers. Please refer to Style B.

1652410_1.jpeg

I guess I'm glad you guys keep people honest around here, but holy cow.
I feel like I’d intro with the Bud Jones Brochure angle before the “I saw it on ChipGuide” angle first, next time. :LOL: :laugh:

I’m actually very surprised these are BJs. The color names aren’t the same as the current ones used by BJ, the mold design isn’t something I’ve ever seen or heard of BJ using (not even in their current brochure that’s been posted as a resource here), and the boxes are just typical cardboard boxes rather than the plastic boxes that they use now.

Regardless, I do concede that I should’ve done some more research before being so heavy-handed with my statements. Sorry about that, the last thing I want to do is scare away a new chipper. GLWS.

I feel like I’d intro with the Bud Jones Brochure angle before the “I saw it on ChipGuide” angle first, next time. :LOL: :laugh:

I’m actually very surprised these are BJs. The color names aren’t the same as the current ones used by BJ, the mold design isn’t something I’ve ever seen or heard of BJ using (not even in their current brochure that’s been posted as a resource here), and the boxes are just typical cardboard boxes rather than the plastic boxes that they use now.

Regardless, I do concede that I should’ve done some more research before being so heavy-handed with my statements. Sorry about that, the last thing I want to do is scare away a new chipper. GLWS.
I appreciate it. I suppose I'm a little sensitive today because I am getting dogged on two of my classified ads at once. Very sorry.
It was hard for me to find any additional info on them, and I am still unsure of an approximate manufacturer date, but I have to assume they are old. The lady I got them from said she had them for many years. It's good to be skeptical in this hobby, I bet. Hopefully they can go to a good home.

Don't worry about it...when you have it right 99 times...there is always that one time.
Your elaborate knowledge has been an asset for this forum.

@GamblingGardener nice set...don't take the doubts personal, it's all in good faith. GLWS

It's not every day we see a new set of chips of somewhat obscure origin with such excellent sourcing and documentation of their provenance. Congrats on an interesting and unusual find, and good luck helping find them a new home.

I have no earthly idea what I'd do with these chips and I don't own any other roulette chips nor do I have a way to play roulette however I really want these.

Does the documentation come with the chips?

The design isn't stamped-on. It's part of the injection mold, similar to the way that other Bud Jones chips (and Matsui, and Abbiati) have designs that are molded in. If you cut into the chip with a knife you'd see that the design runs through the chip body rather than being just on the surface.

I have no earthly idea what I'd do with these chips and I don't own any other roulette chips nor do I have a way to play roulette however I really want these.

Does the documentation come with the chips?
Yes, I will provide the original packaging and documentation of origin, along with some other documents not listed here. I’ll send you a PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom