Cancelled 100 starburst orange/pumpkin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberp

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Paid over 300 for these under the false assumption by the seller and well disguised photos that they were blaze orange. I can tell you for a fact they are not blaze orange and are slightly darker than orange with zero neon reflectivity. See photos. My loss is your gain. I have no idea what these are worth so I’ll start them at 250 and drop the price the angrier I get. They have slight warping but are easily flattened. If someone could pm me with a ballpark value it might help off these I just have no use for them and was paying big figures for blaze.

Attachments

• B278131C-5F66-44FB-AC75-9748B5A23F11.jpeg
    B278131C-5F66-44FB-AC75-9748B5A23F11.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 21BCE377-CA26-4DF8-B6C8-1F8F67EA185C.jpeg
    21BCE377-CA26-4DF8-B6C8-1F8F67EA185C.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 33B57753-B64B-4D32-B2CF-583512406D01.jpeg
    33B57753-B64B-4D32-B2CF-583512406D01.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 7A672254-05E1-4BAE-B345-1F34D90A2343.jpeg
    7A672254-05E1-4BAE-B345-1F34D90A2343.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 303
weird. your "orange" chip looks incredibly light to me, i think these are most likely regular orange. if i wasn't out of the starburst game i would be on these in a heartbeat.

weird. your "orange" chip looks incredibly light to me, i think these are most likely regular orange. if i wasn't out of the starburst game i would be on these in a heartbeat.
Yeah, those are regular orange, not blaze. Still a great color. I wish I could find three racks and make them fives.

Did you talk to the seller about a refund? Not cool when things aren’t as advertised… seller should make things right.

I sold some Orange solid roulette THC chips a year ago for around $150 a rack I think… can’t remember exactly (guess I could check my sale ads). They were in good shape (stood on end) but not super sharp… Solid prices have gone up a bit since then… not sure this helps.

GLWS and good luck working it out with your shady seller…

it was on here and there was zero offer of a refund basically a sucks to suck reply because he said he """"""thinks"""""" they are blaze orange" and therefor didnt mislead in the slightest. even though his photos make these chips look like traffic cones.

his zero feedback should've been a warning i guess. i dont want to leave negative because he will reciprocate in retaliation. But it was pretty bogus.

When a seller says “I believe them to be blaze.” (His quote) And that is the assumption to the potential buyers, then there should be no issue taking them back when it is clearly realized that they are not! Sellers like this don’t have a long term future on this forum. Deception is no way to win friends.

Sorry, don't want to derail your thread but that guy deserves negative feedback.

I found the auction thread. His title clearly lists as Blaze Orange starbursts.

He was told in his thread that blaze is pretty obvious in person. That there's no guessing when you have it in hand.

This uh, doesn’t really help you (well depends on answer) but these aren’t the same color as Paulson Fun Nite 5s right? Those are blaze orange? Not doubting what @MrCatPants said in the sale post I bought from just checking. Because I would take these if they are the same color but seems like they’re not.

FWIW, I think the pictures in the auction show that the chips are NOT blaze. That said, the title of the auction and his “belief” were confusing at best, and misleading at worst.

I’d give the seller one more chance to give a refund before leaving negative feedback.

Sorry but I’m trying to get my eyes to stop hurting then I’ll see if I’m interested.

Ok…I’m good. I’ll take all the Blaze Orange chippies. Immediately. Even if it just so happens that it’s that single by itself. Dibs, I’ll take it.

This uh, doesn’t really help you (well depends on answer) but these aren’t the same color as Paulson Fun Nite 5s right? Those are blaze orange? Not doubting what @MrCatPants said in the sale post I bought from just checking. Because I would take these if they are the same color but seems like they’re not.
You really can't tell from pictures from different devices in different lighting. Even picture 1 here and picture 2 look like totally different shades when it is I imagine the same chip. It's really hard to color match solids from different sources for that reason. And the Fun Nite 5s come in a ton of different colors unfortunately.

Following. Sorry about your bad deal. Gave me an excuse to add to the new block feature Tommy added. That way I don’t get tempted in 6 months when I forget about this thread.

also posting to follow this reverse auction. Might be interested as the price comes down.

Assuming they were these?
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/100-paulson-blaze-orange-starbursts.74374/

It's unfortunate because they do seem more blaze in those pictures. The seller did state he didn't know and he wasn't 100% - that's pretty much the reason I avoided this auction - but still not a great move when from your pictures they are very clearly not blaze.

Sorry.

hadn't seen the original thread. i would never have believed these were blaze, but his comparison pic was pretty convincing. it is crazy how much colors can lie.

The comparison pic was the most misleading part, IMO. If you read carefully, it looks like the comparison pic was someone else’s pic.

Orange in general can be a very inconsistent color, anyone who has ever owned Jokers Wild or Eldorado quarters can tell you that. The third pic in the OP looks like a "normal" rack of JW quarters honestly!

The seller did say he was not sure, and after the sales thread for the 200 that was listed about the same time, where it was clearly discussed, this is a tough situation. As others have said, dirty or not you can not mistake Blaze Orange. Unfortunately another one of those nasty chipping lessons learned.

Hard to see the top view of the rack, but look like they cleaned up well. I don't think you will have to come down very far before they move! These guys love Starbursts chips!

Op and I are chatting so I’m gonna remove this thread and start a new sale soon. Sorry was not trying to put him on blast it’s obvious I’m still upset about it and will take it privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom