SOLD 100 Milled Orchid Leaded THC Paulson Solids (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meathooke

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
*****PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and SEE PICS below*****

Selling/trading 1 rack of milled orchid leaded Paulson THC chips.
Bought these recently, with the plan of labeling and adding them to my mixed set, but alas, plans have changed.
image.jpeg

Asking what I paid for them:
$100 shipped within USA
(International shipping is ok, but buyer to pay shipping costs over $8 and assumes all risk/responsibility once package enters the USPS system)
Payment via PPFF preferred, or add 3.5% for PPGS fees

-Or- I'd also be interested in trading for Roadhouse $1s.
(PM to discuss trade details please)

Please post in thread first, then PM.

****IMPORTANT DETAILS****
(Also, please check post #13 for some "before & after" clean up pics)

Milling/color info:
To the best of my knowledge, from what I was told by the previous owner, the color is orchid. They are leaded. They were C&C milled to 7/8.

Condition info:
It is tough to accurately rate the condition of these chips. Please see pics, and ask questions if you're unsure...

The edges are quite square and they all definitely stand on edge easily. So to a certain degree I feel they are in great condition.. Used, but still in great shape...

However, there are "extra" opposing H&C marks on most, if not all, of the chips. Some marks are in between the H&C mold, and some seem to overlap with the mold. The marks are not actual "impressions" in the clay, as far as I can tell. And you must have just the right angle of lighting to see them at all, in most cases. I did my best to get pics showing the worst "offenders". I assumed that maybe someone had attempted to flatten them, improperly, at some point... Or possibly they had been left in the heat for a time?? I am not certain of the cause. There were also quite a few warped chips when I received them... Some quite severely IMO. They have since been, for the most part, flattened (properly) although there may still be a few that are still slightly warped.

Sorry for such a lengthy description, but I am attempting to be as accurate as I can be.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Pics of the "bad" parts:
(This one was the worst offender)
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Again, most aren't as bad as the one pictured, but I feel it is better to show the "worst" chips, not the "best"

Thanks again for taking the time to read this novel!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
That's only the 2nd double struck THC chip I've ever seen. Rare bird. GLWS!

I found this one a few years back...

doublestruck.jpg

Last edited:
That's only the 2nd double struck THC chip I've ever seen. Rare bird. GLWS!

Thanks, but I'm not so sure they've been double struck...
I have no idea about anything like that.
As @LinkyBabe also mentioned, I'd assume the H&C would then have the same orientation?
Only some of the marks are, but some are definitely opposite.
..and in all honesty these look more like marks simply made from the chips being pressed together, not like they actually "hit the mold twice". But again, I know nothing about this type of thing.. I'm merely guessing :)

How many double struck chips are there in the rack?
I'm currently at work, so I can't look right now, but I would venture to say most have these marks... I can check/count when I get home in a few hours... But again, I am really not sure that these really are double struck. I am in no way making that claim.. IMO it seems to be a mark made by (edit) "mishandling" rather than "production error".. But again, I have no idea. :)
so these are ready for labels?
Yes, they are "ready for labels":tup:
Lovely chips!
Thanks!! :D

Last edited:
I wonder if stacking wet chips would cause this. At any rate, nice deal on some great chips!

I wonder if stacking wet chips would cause this. At any rate, nice deal on some great chips!
Possibly???
I really don't know.. I only assumed it was "heat" because there were a few severely warped chips when I received them. In the end, I honestly think that it is pretty likely that the marks will eventually "wear off" with use/shuffling. (Not a guarantee)
They're definitely not "impressions" in the clay.

Ok, so I hate to, yet again bump this thread, but what @Beakertwang said above, got me thinking about what could've caused this...
Tried a very simple little experiment...
I've never used magic eraser before, so I figure let's see what happens?
Here are the results of 2 different chips, that were among the worst offenders:
(Chips are oriented in the same direction and on the same side)
Chip 1 before:
image.jpeg

Chip 1 (after)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Chip 2 (before)
image.jpeg

Chip 2 (after)
image.jpeg

Conclusion???
While it's not perfect, it's FAR better..
I do believe it should be possible to "remove" these marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom