Cancelled 1 rack of HSI $5 Primary OR H.Cinci $5 - now $180 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosStorm

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a rack of HSI $5 Primary or Horseshoe Cincinnati $5, mint / near-mint or in excelent shape. I prefer to buy a EU seller, but maybe that's imposible :(. So, if a USA buyer is willing to sell to me only 1 rack and shipping it to Spain, I'll be very happy :).

HSI $5.jpg

This picture is by @BHB

Cinci $5.png

This picture is by @Altheman003

PM please!

Edit:
I've been thinking about the price I'm willing to pay, and I think it's about $180 per rack in Excelent o near mint conditions. If the sellers is from EU, I can pay 160€. I'm not in a hurry, because the covid, and if I find another 5s that fit ok with my other chips, I may bought another rack in the "Classifieds"

Last edited:
Last edited:
That was a special discounted price. Actual price you’ll probably get will be closer to $200 a rack range (give or take)
Ohhh my God. I'm not an expert. I look for prices in the forum, and I thought it was the actual price...
Thanks, I'll see if someone makes an offert soon...

That was a special discounted price. Actual price you’ll probably get will be closer to $200 a rack range (give or take)
Im
Not gonna break my set for $130 but maybe someone will. Adding a price will help more then a bump if ur asking me. Good luck with the hunt. These are everywhere right now.

Keep in mind for future reff I have one mint primary rack of each 5, 25, and 100. If sold together I’d be happy at TCR prices but I have no idea what they were because I paid more and not thru TCR. Again good luck with the hunt.

I have one mint primary rack of each 5, 25, and 100. If sold together I’d be happy at TCR prices

FYI:

129 + 169 + 199 = $497
TCR prices (september sale)

Black Friday sale the $25 chips were 99c each (no limit)
Primary cash set (300/220/60/20) was $650 each (max 2)

FYI:

129 + 169 + 199 = $497
TCR prices (september sale)

Black Friday sale the $25 chips were 99c each (no limit)
Primary cash set (300/220/60/20) was $650 each (max 2)
I know
But try to buy only the 5$ and let me know
Unfortunately will be more expensive
That’s what I pay for my 5$ rack

I know
But try to buy only the 5$ and let me know
Unfortunately will be more expensive
That’s what I pay for my 5$ rack
I knew this before and saw the great value in the primary cash sets offered by Jim during BF sale...
The cheapest way to get $5 (besides the BHB sale).

I wanted to sell the rest...but just going to rebuild the fivers (need 80) and fill the racks of $25 (40 needed) & hundos (60 needed).
If I add one more barrel of pri $500 (have these) & add a rack of fracs (have these) then this could double as a cheap cash & T5 tourney set (below $800)

Another thing that changed...in the old days, there were always 10-15 members that had the tendency to build huuuuuge sets from the get-go when Jim offered a big haul. After a while these set were trimmed down and there would be a good supply of chips after the sales. Now there are much more members and while there a still a few members that 'over bought' many more are looking to add on.

Hence, recent TCR chips are already offered at higher prices...something that would be frowned upon...
Flippers gonna flip...

I was able to buy 3 barrels of mint primary $500 at TCR prices (before the BF sale was posted) from @kk405 & got 3 barrels of used ones from @BillyBluff at or even below TCR prices. Kudos for that fellas...

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the price I'm willing to pay, and I think it's between $150 - $160 per rack in Excelent o near mint conditions. If the seller is from EU, I can pay 130€ - 140€. I'm not in a hurry, because the covid, and if I find another 5s that fit ok with my other chips, I may bought another rack in the "Classifieds"

Im
Not gonna break my set for $130 but maybe someone will. Adding a price will help more then a bump if ur asking me. Good luck with the hunt. These are everywhere right now.
Flippers gonna flip!

Neither would I, and we’ve all paid more than the original price on many chips , I paid $1000’s of dollars for a 600 chip set and it wasn’t even close to $1000 when originally sold, I had PNY’s back in the day when I was on Chiptalk and they went up in price shortly after release and that time got $15 a chip on the prim $1000’s because I didn’t buy at first, now?! $40 a chip, rack of $500’s ran me $5 a chip, now it’s around $10-$14, I could careless and I see a lot of people can careless about that because we wouldn’t be buying expensive sets if that was the case, as long as I got my set complete and chips I wanted. people want better price?!, then save money, wait till time of sale with mouse in hand and paypal open.
Bottom line, your chips, you do what you please and sell as you please for the price you please, if people are willing to buy at your price or price they are willing to, then it’s worth it, if it’s too high, nobody buy, simple. Actually @Pippa bought his rack of $5’s from me for $200 as he posted that he’ll pay that and no one answered him, I did, now he has his chips and he’s a happy man.
I’ve been on all ends of the square, paid more, bought for less, sold for less, sold for more. I’m not a flipper or a dipper, I’m a chipper.

Neither would I, and we’ve all paid more than the original price on many chips , I paid $1000’s of dollars for a 600 chip set and it wasn’t even close to $1000 when originally sold, I had PNY’s back in the day when I was on Chiptalk and they went up in price shortly after release and that time got $15 a chip on the prim $1000’s because I didn’t buy at first, now?! $40 a chip, rack of $500’s ran me $5 a chip, now it’s around $10-$14, I could careless and I see a lot of people can careless about that because we wouldn’t be buying expensive sets if that was the case, as long as I got my set complete and chips I wanted. people want better price?!, then save money, wait till time of sale with mouse in hand and paypal open.
Bottom line, your chips, you do what you please and sell as you please for the price you please, if people are willing to buy at your price or price they are willing to, then it’s worth it, if it’s too high, nobody buy, simple. Actually @Pippa bought his rack of $5’s from me for $200 as he posted that he’ll pay that and no one answered him, I did, now he has his chips and he’s a happy man.
I’ve been on all ends of the square, paid more, bought for less, sold for less, sold for more. I’m not a flipper or a dipper, I’m a chipper.
I started to buy chips a few months ago, but now is when I know what like most. But I have a family and don't want to waste all my money in chips. Large sets are too expensive for me, and I prefer to buy chips I want to in a smaller quantity, so I don't have to spend a lot of money in one shot. I have planed to buy my little set of Paulsons in a few months. In additions, it's difficult to buy chips in EU, and many USA sellers don't want to shipped them. I could buy to ChipRoom some chips, buyt I have to pay fhigh custom fees in Spain.

@CarlosStorm I’d help you out but I only have secondary $5’s. Hope you find what you seek.
I can PM to you and talk about these secondaries $5's, although I like most primaries

Guys
A mint rack of 5$ HSI primary
Will be 180-200$
like mine

why is it that high though? anyone can still purchase it from TCR as part of a set for $650ish, then easily sell the extras here at TCR prices, right?

if this discussion doesn't belong in classified i'll edit and delete

why is it that high though? anyone can still purchase it from TCR as part of a set for $650ish, then easily sell the extras here at TCR prices, right?

if this discussion doesn't belong in classified i'll edit and delete
You're right, if you're in the USA, but in EU I have to pay more expensive shippment and custom fees, and later I have to sell a lot of chips to EU members.
Maybe if another EU member want to share one set, it will be cheaper, I don't know.

At least in EU we have BMW...:)

Hi,

I think the rack of HS Cincinnati you're looking for is from primary set, the secondary set doesn't contain a $5 chip, first denom of the secondary set is $25.

I also think that it may be very difficult to finf a rack in near mint condition at this price. For instance, I wouldn't sell mine for less than 200€ + shipping cost, if I were selling, which is not the case.

GLW your hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom