Whats for Breakfast? (6 Viewers)

In part because I love breakfast, and also because I love gadgets, I have ordered a custom Steelmade Griddle.
It's basically a hunk of steel that sits on top of the grilling surface of an outside gas grill to convert it into a large restaurant-style griddle.
Coming in April. I hope to cook breakfast, smash burgers, cheese-steak, etc on it.

I didn’t know that pesto eggs was a thing until about a week ago. I had to try it. My daughter gave it an 8.5! That’s good enough for me…

44FE08C2-90CD-432D-969E-356660E9DA02.jpeg
066D3FCF-EB37-489E-8EFD-DFFB2EAD62D7.jpeg

Easter Brunch: Okonomiyaki - a Japanese omelet/pancake, usually with Napa cabbage & whatever else sounds good. For today, some onions, and some shrimp. Absolutely delicious! If you ever go to Japan, put this on your must try list!

20220417_102941.jpg

Due to having my tonsils taken out last week (one star, not recommend), I have been eating A LOT of eggs. Thank you for this!
Hope you feel better. Probably shouldn’t look at this thread. Eggs are kind of a breakfast thing….

Well, someone at my work said sweet potato waffles are where it's at. Finally had a free morning to try them out, definitely delicious! I scoured 4 different recipes and combined them into one modified to my liking
Positive - Ben likes them too!
I think the only negative I have is that they needed to cook just a bit longer, noted for next time!

20220515_111247.jpg

And no that's not an excessive serving of grits lol they spread out

Our 3 year old is on a crepes kick. This NYT crepe recipe works really well with standard home chef equipment like a 12" nonstick pan. The Grand Marnier is actually really great and gives it an astringency that passes for complexity of flavor. At least, that's the case depending on what you put on your crepe. Our 3 year old mostly uses them to spread nutella all over their face.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/9100-crepes

I made biscuits and sausage gravy yesterday. Today I was probably just going to grab a breakfast burrito.

Fried eggs & grits
Nice! I thought you were having trouble deciding between fried and scrambled and so just decided to go for both... Sounded like something I would do. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Haven't made grits for a while now... This is inspiring me to make some of my favorite southwestern cheese grits this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom