The Recipe Thread (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
No idea if this will take off or not. If it doesn't, no worries.

We have a couple of threads dedicated to food. We love to eat, cook, grill, and share our photo's. There are also a ton of recipes I would love to try. I thought we could use this thread to post actual recipes. There are some recipes in the "Dinner Plans? " thread. Honestly, they are tough to find.

Bring the recipes to this thread and I'll keep the OP organized by food category and which post they are in. This way it will make it easy to locate said recipe. Post the recipe, pictures, cooking times ect....

I don't want this to take over the dinner plans? thread. This is more to enhance the food thread :)

The categories won't be limited to what I have below. I'll add categories as needed. If I'm missing a category sound off.

Appetizers:

Breads:

Breakfast Foods:

Deserts:

Main Courses:

post #9-
--Chicken Cacciatora
post #10--PASTA CARBONARA
post #11--Cochinita Pibil
post #12--Pan Fry Spaghetti
post #17--Chicken Thighs in Rosemary-Orange Sauce
post #19--Sardine Pasta
post #25--Shrimp Creole

Salads:

Post #3--Caesar Salad Dressing

Sandwiches:

post #28- Grilled Jalapeno Chicken Burgers

Sauces:

Post #2--Sweet and Spicy Mustard BBQ Sauce
Post #2--Bourbon BBQ sauce
Post #2--Blueberry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce

Soups/Chili's

Post #4--Chicken Tortilla Soup
Post #5--Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili

Sides:

post #19--Baked potato with sweet corn and tuna

Drinks:

post #24--Mike Tai

Last edited:
Sweet and Spicy Mustard Sauce

• 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 onion, grated
  • 1/2 cup yellow mustard (the kind you get at the ballpark)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp dry mustard (like Coleman’s)
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt to taste
Method
1 Heat the butter over medium heat until it's frothy, then add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.

2 Add everything else, stir well and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or more.

I didn't have a half cup of yellow mustard. I combined it with Yellow mustard/Dijon/Spicy mustard

I used this on some slow grilled turkey thighs :)

Bourbon BBQ Sauce

I
do make some changes to the recipe. I use 1 cup of bourbon. I use the cheapest bottom shelf bourbon that I can find. I think for the last sauce I used "Ten Mile" I think. I use a whole, small onion. I also add one to two minced Jalapenos. I never run my sauce through a strainer fwiw.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • 2 cups ketchup
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Directions
  1. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
  2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.

Blueberry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce

2 pints of blueberry's
oil
1 onion chopped
2-3 Jalapeno's
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 of cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of honey
1 TBP of mustard

Put the oil, onions, jalapenos, garlic in the pan first, then add the rest of the shit. Simmer until the berries start to pop, or least get soft. I usually go about 30-40 minutes stirring frequently.

Let it cool, blend the shit out of it.

Last edited:
Caesar Salad Dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 TSP dry mustard or 2 TSP Dijon mustard
-- I always use the dry mustard
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP pepper
1/2 cup
parmesan
cheese

Mix everything together in the order of ingredients and whisk. Bring dressing to room temperature about a half hour before serving. Whisk right before serving once dressing is at room temperature. Add more Parmesan cheese and croutons to romaine lettuce if desired.

I use a food processor for the garlic and Parmesan. I shred extra Parmesan to add to your individual plates of salad. This is an extremely easy and very flavorful recipe.

Chicken Tortilla Soup/Crock pot recipe.

This is as easy as it gets. It was absolutely delicious.

Ingredients (I made a double batch, cut everything in half if you don't want it for a few days).

2 Onions

6 Medium to Large Chicken Breasts (I used 4, but two were pretty big)

1 large can (20 ounce I think) of diced tomato's. I use either jalapeno or garlic and basil diced tomato's.

1 large can of enchilada sauce (I used a 20 ounce can of Tomato Sauce/Enchilada packet

2 cans of Chicken Broth

2 tsp's each of Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt

1/2 tsp of black pepper (I used lightly more)

2 bay leafs

4 cloves of garlic

2-4 small cans of green chili's

1 package of frozen corn (I used canned corn)

Doesn't call for it, but I added black beans as well.

Get a crock pot out (we have a pretty big one). Dice the onions and put on the bottom of the crockpot. Put the Frozen Chicken Breasts on top of the onions.

Add the Diced tomato's, Enchilada Sauce, green chili's, chicken broth, spices/bay leaf.

I cooked it on high for about 6-7 hours checking occasionally. About an hour before it was done I added the corn/black beans. When it was done I removed the chicken and shredded it. Added it back to the soup. It was ready to serve.

When we served it I added some tortilla strips, sour cream, and sharp cheddar (calls for Parmesan). It could have used some fresh jalapenos but I didn't have any .

Enjoy.

I like this! I thought I'd share one of my favorite meals - it's different and very hearty

Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili

makes 6 hearty bowls of chili - (I double for my family of 7)

Two 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
One 6 oz can tomato paste
32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sweet potatoes,cut into bite sized chunks, peel if desired (3 large, if doubled)
1 cup dry quinoa
salt and pepper to taste
avocado, cilantro for garnish (optional)

Heat the oil in a large heavy soup pot over medium low heat. Add onions and cook until soft and they start to turn brown (about 10 minutes).

Add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes.

Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the stock and bring to low boil while continuing to stir

Add beans and potatoes, season with salt and pepper . Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the quinoa.

Continue cooking for about 15 minutes – 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until quinoa and potatoes are cooked and the chili has thickened.

Add a bit of water if the chili becomes too thick for your liking.

Top with avocado and chopped cilantro. I also mix in some sour cream.

I like this! I thought I'd share one of my favorite meals - it's different and very hearty

Quinoa & Sweet Potato Chili

makes 6 hearty bowls of chili - (I double for my family of 7)

Two 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
One 6 oz can tomato paste
32 oz chicken or vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sweet potatoes,cut into bite sized chunks, peel if desired (3 large, if doubled)
1 cup dry quinoa
salt and pepper to taste
avocado, cilantro for garnish (optional)

Heat the oil in a large heavy soup pot over medium low heat. Add onions and cook until soft and they start to turn brown (about 10 minutes).

Add the garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes.

Add the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the stock and bring to low boil while continuing to stir

Add beans and potatoes, season with salt and pepper . Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the quinoa.

Continue cooking for about 15 minutes – 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until quinoa and potatoes are cooked and the chili has thickened.

Add a bit of water if the chili becomes too thick for your liking.

Top with avocado and chopped cilantro. I also mix in some sour cream.

I'll have to try this. My wife loves sweet potatoes. Might just knock her pants off :)

I'll have to try this. My wife loves sweet potatoes. Might just knock her pants off :)
It's fantastic. My wife made it once and I was pleasantly surprised. I took over and adjusted it a bit. I mix in a spoonful of sour cream and a spoonful of guac.

Chicken Cacciatora

This recipe is for 6 Servings.

Ingredients

1 Large onion, chopped fine

1 Stalk celery, chopped fine

1 Clove garlic

1/4 tsp sugar

A pinch of cinnamon

1/2 cup red wine (medium bodied such as a Chianti or Beaujolais)

6 Chicken breasts

1 Can tomato sauce

Flour

Salt to taste

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1/2 Cup olive oil

1 Cup chicken broth

Procedure:

1. Toss the chicken breasts in the flour and after adding salt and pepper, brown the chicken in a large pot.

2. Take the chicken out of the pot and add the onion, celery, and garlic. Stir and cook until the onion has turned yellow.

3. Add the chicken back into the pot and add the cinnamon, sugar, and red wine. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. If not fond of garlic, remove from the pot now and seek therapy.

4. Add the tomato sauce. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender (40-60 minutes). If necessary, add more liquid from time to time. Usually red wine, but it can be chicken broth or tomato sauce depending on what is needed.

PASTA CARBONARA

1. Break the pasta in half and cook according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 2 cups of pasta water, and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl combine the eggs, 1 cup of the pasta water, the yogurt, and the Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
  3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the minced garlic and artichoke hearts, and sauté for three or four minutes, until the garlic is soft. Add the pasta and toss. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the pasta, adding more of the reserved pasta water if needed. Add the red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with Italian parsley or fresh chopped basil and halved grape tomatoes.
Ingredients:

1 pound Fettuccine (preferably whole grain)

3 large eggs, beaten

2 cups plain Greek yogurt

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 8-ounce packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

¼ cup chopped fresh parsley

Fresh Basil and Grape Tomatoes

Prep time:

10 minutes

Yield:

6 servings

Cochinita Pibil

· 3lb boneless pork shoulder roast

· 1 large red onion

· 3 cloves garlic, minced

· 1 bay leaf

· 1/2 cup grapefruit juice

· 1/4 cup orange juice

· 1/4 cup lime juice

· corn/flour tortillas

· 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

· Achiote seasoning (see recipe)

· Crumbled queso fresco (see recipe)

· Cebollas Encurtidas (see recipe)

· Chiltomate Sauce (see recipe)

1. Trim fat from roast if needed. Sprinkle Achiote seasoning evenly over all sides of the roast; rub seasoning in with your fingers. Place roast in a large resealable plastic bag and chill in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.

2. In a 4 to 5 quart crock pot combine onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Place roast on top of onion mixture. Pour grapefruit, orange, and lime juice over roast. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.

3. Remove pork from slow cooker and discard the bay leaf. Let pork stand until cool enough to handle. Using 2 forks pull meat apart and shred; place shredded meat in a large bowl. Transfer the onions to the bowl. Add enough of the liquid to moisten the meat; toss to combine. Serve meat mixture with tortillas and queso fresco. Cebollas Encurtidas (pickled red onions) and Chiltomate sauce are optional.

Achiote Seasoning

In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons ground annatto; 1 teaspoon dried oregano; 1 teaspoon ground pepper; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin; 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; and 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 4 tablespoons.

Crumbled Queso Fresco

· 8 cups (1/2 gallon) whole milk

· 1 tablespoon kosher salt

· 1/4 cup white vinegar

1. In a 6 to 8 quart Dutch oven or heavy stock pot combine milk and salt. Heat mixture over medium-high heat to 190°F, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.

2. Gradually add vinegar, stirring gently. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes. Stir gently (some curds should have formed).

3. Place a double thickness of 100% cotton cheesecloth in a colander in the sink. Carefully pour hot mixture into the colander, discarding the liquid whey. Allow cheese to drain in colander for 15 to 20 minutes to remove all of the excess whey.

4. Transfer cheese to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 8 (1/4-cup) servings. The cheese may be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Cebollas Encurtidas

· 1 Red Onion, into 1/2 inch thick slices

· 1/4 cup grapefruit juice

· 2 tbsp orange juice

· 2 tbsp lime juice

· 1 tsp coarse sea or kosher salt

· 1 tsp oregano crushed

· 1 clove garlic minced

· 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

1. Preheat broiler, arrange red onion slices on a 15x10x1 Inch baking pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until charred and tender, turning once half way through broiling time. When cool enough to handle, separate onion into rings, discarding any large dry blackened pieces.

2. In a medium bowl, combine onion, grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, salt, oregano, garlic and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 8 (1/4-cup) servings.

Chiltomate Sauce

· 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained

· 1 tbsp cider vinegar

· 1/2 tsp bottled habanero chili sauce

· 1/4 tsp salt

1. In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, vinegar, chili sauce and salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes, or until sauce is desired consistency. Makes 3 (1/2-cup) servings.

Last edited:
Pan Fry Spaghetti

Ingredients:

1 pound of Italian sausage
28 ounces of tomato sauce
Half package of spaghetti noodles or angle hair (whichever you prefer)(8 ounces)
8 ounces of 5 Italian shredded cheese
1/4 tsp dried oregano
6 Table Spoons of finely chopped Basil (I just use the dried stuff)
3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (I usually skip this because my Italian Sausage is fairly spicy already)
1 tsp salt (I usually only do about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp)
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 cups of water

You'll want to start out by cooking the Italian sausage until its no longer pink. Then drain any grease from the pan and add in the garlic and oregano. Cook for a minute or two over medium heat and then add in the cans of tomato sauce, water and salt. Then take your noodles and break them up into 2-3 inch long pieces and place in the pan with the sauce and sausage. Cover the pan and allow to cook until the pasta is al dente (typically about 10-15 minutes). Once the pasta is done add in the heavy cream, basil and cheese and mix in. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!

This surprisingly freezes really well after the fact so I usually cook it up in a big batch and then put the leftovers in glassware and freeze. Throw it in the microwave and it's just as good re-heated.

Cochinita Pibil

· 3lb boneless pork shoulder roast

· 1 large red onion

· 3 cloves garlic, minced

· 1 bay leaf

· 1/2 cup grapefruit juice

· 1/4 cup orange juice

· 1/4 cup lime juice

· corn/flour tortillas

· 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

· Achiote seasoning (see recipe)

· Crumbled queso fresco (see recipe)

· Cebollas Encurtidas (see recipe)

· Chiltomate Sauce (see recipe)

1. Trim fat from roast if needed. Sprinkle Achiote seasoning evenly over all sides of the roast; rub seasoning in with your fingers. Place roast in a large resealable plastic bag and chill in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.

2. In a 4 to 5 quart crock pot combine onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Place roast on top of onion mixture. Pour grapefruit, orange, and lime juice over roast. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.

3. Remove pork from slow cooker and discard the bay leaf. Let pork stand until cool enough to handle. Using 2 forks pull meat apart and shred; place shredded meat in a large bowl. Transfer the onions to the bowl. Add enough of the liquid to moisten the meat; toss to combine. Serve meat mixture with tortillas and queso fresco. Cebollas Encurtidas (pickled red onions) and Chiltomate sauce are optional.

Achiote Seasoning

In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons ground annatto; 1 teaspoon dried oregano; 1 teaspoon ground pepper; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin; 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; and 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 4 tablespoons.

Crumbled Queso Fresco

· 8 cups (1/2 gallon) whole milk

· 1 tablespoon kosher salt

· 1/4 cup white vinegar

1. In a 6 to 8 quart Dutch oven or heavy stock pot combine milk and salt. Heat mixture over medium-high heat to 190°F, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.

2. Gradually add vinegar, stirring gently. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes. Stir gently (some curds should have formed).

3. Place a double thickness of 100% cotton cheesecloth in a colander in the sink. Carefully pour hot mixture into the colander, discarding the liquid whey. Allow cheese to drain in colander for 15 to 20 minutes to remove all of the excess whey.

4. Transfer cheese to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 8 (1/4-cup) servings. The cheese may be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Cebollas Encurtidas

· 1 Red Onion, into 1/2 inch thick slices

· 1/4 cup grapefruit juice

· 2 tbsp orange juice

· 2 tbsp lime juice

· 1 tsp coarse sea or kosher salt

· 1 tsp oregano crushed

· 1 clove garlic minced

· 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

1. Preheat broiler, arrange red onion slices on a 15x10x1 Inch baking pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until charred and tender, turning once half way through broiling time. When cool enough to handle, separate onion into rings, discarding any large dry blackened pieces.

2. In a medium bowl, combine onion, grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, salt, oregano, garlic and pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 8 (1/4-cup) servings.

Chiltomate Sauce

· 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained

· 1 tbsp cider vinegar

· 1/2 tsp bottled habanero chili sauce

· 1/4 tsp salt

1. In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, vinegar, chili sauce and salt. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes, or until sauce is desired consistency. Makes 3 (1/2-cup) servings.

Sir,

Do any/all of these roll together? or should I list each one individually under a specific category?

Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be trying a few of these. I think this is first on my list Chicken Cacciatora. What is it best served with? Just a simple salad?

Pan Fry Spaghetti

Ingredients:

Half package of spaghetti noodles or angle hair (whichever you prefer)(8 ounces)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (I usually skip this because my Italian Sausage is fairly spicy already)
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 cups of water

You'll want to start out by cooking the Italian sausage until its no longer pink. Then drain any grease from the pan and add in the garlic and oregano. Cook for a minute or two over medium heat and then add in the cans of tomato sauce, water and salt. Then take your noodles and break them up into 2-3 inch long pieces and place in the pan with the sauce and sausage. Cover the pan and allow to cook until the pasta is al dente (typically about 10-15 minutes). Once the pasta is done add in the heavy cream, basil and cheese and mix in. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!

This surprisingly freezes really well after the fact so I usually cook it up in a big batch and then put the leftovers in glassware and freeze. Throw it in the microwave and it's just as good re-heated.

My next Spaghetti dinner will be made with this recipe.

Thanks guys.

B

The Cochinita Pibil is one recipe. All the prep work can be done the day before, then just crock pot it!

I would say the Chicken Cacciatora is great over pasta and maybe some garlic bread or Italian bread with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Salad is a great addition too. Anytime you have tomato sauce, cinnamon, and red wine you have something good cooking!!

Bon Apetit

Chicken Thighs in Rosemary-Orange Sauce

Ingredients

1 pound boneless/skinless chicken thighs

Salt and Pepper

1 tablespoon butter

1 tablespoon vegetable oil (eg:canola)

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 garlic clove, minced

1/2 cup orange juice

1/4 cup orange marmalade

1 tablespoon dry white wine (eg: dry vermouth or dry sherry)

2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (not dried)

Procedure:

1. Pound thighs until 1/4 inch thick. Cut each thigh in half, crosswise. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  2. In large heavy frying pan, heat butter and oil over med-high heat; add chicken and sauté 5-7 minutes (or until cooked) turning once. Transfer chicken to plate and keep warm.
  3. Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
  4. Add O.J., stirring and scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
  5. Reduce heat to medium and stir in marmalade, wine, and rosemary. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
  6. Add chicken back to pan (with ant accumulated juices) and coat with sauce.
  7. Spoon sauce over chicken on serving plates.

But seriously, as per my advice on the old board...two easy, fantastic meals:

Baked potato with sweet corn and tuna

The perfect winter comfort food meal, when all you have in the house are pantry staples and you can't be bothered to go to the market. All you need are: baking potatoes, can of tuna, can of sweet corn, mayo and some salt and pepper. Mix the tuna and drained (unheated) corn in mayo, season with s&p, and spoon over baked potato. Sounds strange (maybe awful), but seriously good, super easy and nutritious.

Sardine Pasta

Even people who "don't like sardines" love this dish when I make it.

1 can sardines per person
Penne pasta
onion
fennel
red pepper flakes
lemon zest
capers
breadcrumbs
parsley (broadleaf "italian" parsley, fresh)
olive oil
golden raisins (optional)

Procedure

1. Toast breadcrumbs in skillet in olive oil, set aside

2. Boil water for pasta

3. Saute diced onion in oil over medium heat with pepper flakes
4. When translucent, add fennel (thinly sliced)
5. After a few minutes, add (drained) contents of sardines cans (bones, skin and all) and capers, and break up with fork (the bones melt away to nothing, and the skin dissolves as well. Great source of calcium and protein).

6. When pasta is ready, add lemon zest (and optional golden raisins) to sardines

7. Mix pasta in with sardine mixture, and serve, sprinkling breadcrumbs and parsley over top.

Tastes fantastic, and even picky eaters wont know they're eating sardines. So healthy too--no cheese, and the sardines are loaded with healthy oils, protein, calcium and vitamins. The bones basically melt away, so you'll never even know they're in there.

Caesar Salad Dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 TSP dry mustard or 2 TSP Dijon mustard
-- I always use the dry mustard
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP pepper
1/2 cup
parmesan
cheese

This sounds good, but I thought Caesar dressing had fish or anchovies in it? I'm not a fish fan, matter of fact nothing that lives in the water I like the taste of, so I have always avoided Caesar because of the fish thing.

Am I completely remembering that caseer has fish/anchovie flavor in it and I have been avoiding it all my life for nothing? lol

This sounds good, but I thought Caesar dressing had fish or anchovies in it? I'm not a fish fan, matter of fact nothing that lives in the water I like the taste of, so I have always avoided Caesar because of the fish thing.

Am I completely remembering that caseer has fish/anchovie flavor in it and I have been avoiding it all my life for nothing? lol

Your correct. This version doesn't and is amazing

Sadly, I'm not one to use recipies. I hate being told what to do, even if I'm the one telling me what to do. However, when it comes to alcohol, I'm ok with someone else doing the mixing, so a recipe (or at least a formula) helps...

Mike Tai
White Wine (Chardonnay) – 3 parts
Gin – 1 Part
Triple Sec – 1/2 part
Lime Juice – Splash
Orange Juice – 2 Parts
White Rum – 1 Part

Ice in glass

Shrimp Creole

2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove chopped garlic
1 pint stewed tomatoes
1 lb. peeled raw shrimp
Tony's creole seasoning to taste

Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add in the paprika and cayenne pepper and stir thoroughly. Add in the onion, green pepper, and garlic and simmer on low heat until tender. Add tomatoes and Tony's creole seasoning. You can substitute some salt & pepper if you don't have Tony's :eek: Add shrimp and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.

This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more. I usually add more stewed tomatoes or some water to make more broth. You can also +/- the cayenne pepper to your taste.

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 6.57.19 PM.png

Added a drinks category.

Sadly, I'm not one to use recipies. I hate being told what to do, even if I'm the one telling me what to do. However, when it comes to alcohol, I'm ok with someone else doing the mixing, so a recipe (or at least a formula) helps...

Mike Tai
White Wine (Chardonnay) – 3 parts
Gin – 1 Part
Triple Sec – 1/2 part
Lime Juice – Splash
Orange Juice – 2 Parts
White Rum – 1 Part

Ice in glass

Shrimp Creole

2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 clove chopped garlic
1 pint stewed tomatoes
1 lb. peeled raw shrimp
Tony's creole seasoning to taste

Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add in the paprika and cayenne pepper and stir thoroughly. Add in the onion, green pepper, and garlic and simmer on low heat until tender. Add tomatoes and Tony's creole seasoning. You can substitute some salt & pepper if you don't have Tony's :eek: Add shrimp and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.

This recipe can easily be doubled to serve more. I usually add more stewed tomatoes or some water to make more broth. You can also +/- the cayenne pepper to your taste.

View attachment 47321

updated to here.

Hey @slisk250 , I know your a foodie. Whatcha ya got?

Pan Fry Spaghetti

Ingredients:

1/4 tsp dried oregano
3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 cups of water

I made this over the weekend. I tweaked it a little. Along with the 28 ounces of sauce i also added a can of diced tomatoes. I used more garlic than in the recipe. I used spicy Italian Sausage and omitted the red pepper flakes.

My wife and son really liked this. Thank you for posting.

I made Grilled Jalapeno/Cheddar Chicken burgers last night with guacamole. They were excellent. I served baked sweet potato chips with it.

• 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
  • kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper

• Toppings
  • 4 burger buns, toasted
  • sour cream
  • lettuce
  • sliced red onions
  • 1 cup Guacamole
Instructions

1. Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
  2. Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
  3. Form the mixture into four 1/2"-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
  4. Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and any additional toppings needed.

20160710_181557_zpswtrn9ntb.jpg

I made this over the weekend. I tweaked it a little. Along with the 28 ounces of sauce i also added a can of diced tomatoes. I used more garlic than in the recipe. I used spicy Italian Sausage and omitted the red pepper flakes.

My wife and son really liked this. Thank you for posting.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I made it a few times with diced tomatoes but I don't actually like chunks of tomato so I switched to the sauce after awhile. Nothing wrong with more delicious garlic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom