"Smart Poker Chip Set" on Kickstarter... (1 Viewer)

Anyone else seen this ??

I cannot imagine this being used by any serious home game poker players... Great idea. Fully funded. Will sell to the same people that already buy all the "poker junk" anyway...?

Link to "Standard Poker Company's" kickstart add for a "smart poker chip set": Kickstarter ad
Pretty cool to play with family & friends afar.

Unless I'm missing something, all 8 "pads" and the RFID chips need to be in one place for the setup to work properly.
Okay well if that's the case then I misunderstood the technology and I don't really see a use case other than cool stats on your friends? Lmao. Lame.

Okay well if that's the case then I misunderstood the technology and I don't really see a use case other than cool stats on your friends? Lmao. Lame.

Some folks install cameras on their tables. Not sure why unless it's for cheating.....would be sad to think some rewatch their nights and opposing hands through camera feeds. I think a running tally of chip totals would be a full 80% less stalker-like than having cameras on the table (like on tv) and watching it after or having others watching somewhere else...

I really hate tech creeping into something pure as a card game. Allbeit I play online, but due to the lack off time and enough local games.

Imagine this being adopted and slowely transforming poker from a human skilled game into an observed and hijacked activity with power ups and new content. Heck... soon the commerials need to be finished to continue to the next hand.

With all respect. I think we are part of the generation to guard this pure game for our future generations. Otherwise....

"5 minutes to learn, but a lifetime to master" turns into... "pay to win"

@QuadNines in another post I seen you said your in Johnson city area. So am I and I’m always down for a home game have a few friends that would be down too let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom