For Sale San Jose Joe's club rack (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ Club

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Opportunity to buy this rack of $1 chips from Joe’s card club in San Jose, Ca. They are used and worn but still an awesome rack. $700 OBO.
26A2278A-F975-433E-A260-8CA4F93F98FF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if other denominations were saved from destruction? I have one of these $1 as a capper but a heads up set would be otherworldly.

Does anyone know if other denominations were saved from destruction? I have one of these $1 as a capper but a heads up set would be otherworldly.
I also have 27 of the grey 5 cent chips and 3 barrels of the red chips with no denominations. Joe’s club on both sides.

Attachments

• 562046AD-C872-4EE7-984D-75A881638496.jpeg
    562046AD-C872-4EE7-984D-75A881638496.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 78
Man, you’re a local with that roulette table and who knows what else? You could join the SJ poker scene. Even @quintooo got in so how hard could it be?
Hmmmm....I saw that too.

Also, we'd like to place claims on @quintooo. He may be local there, but every night he plays those games he's secretly thinking of ours! :cry:

I seem to remember these in some quantity selling on eBay years ago. I only remember seeing racks of $1’s. I have always regretted not buying them.

Anyone know why most of the $1’s I see on eBay have part of the $1 decal missing? Seems almost intentional.

I seem to remember these in some quantity selling on eBay years ago. I only remember seeing racks of $1’s. I have always regretted not buying them.

Anyone know why most of the $1’s I see on eBay have part of the $1 decal missing? Seems almost intentional.
You're right! These were sold in 2017 on eBay.

No idea why the name or the denomination would have been rubbed off or the $1 decal might be missing. I've heard of stories in the older days that name's were rubbed off or scraped off chips because that person was no longer affiliated with the club, but they still wanted to continue using those chips. That's what I've seen on some chips, but no idea what's the case with these. Interesting that it's mainly rubbed off right at the denomination though

Screenshot 2023-01-31 170128.jpg

I'm guessing they were going to be used as $5s at some point since they were red. Very out of the ordinary color for a $1 even in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom