Salut from France (1 Viewer)

Billy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy from France :)

I've been lurking on this forum for way too long so I decided to create an account.

I am not a big poker player but I love the chips :love:
First time I fell in love with poker chips was when I saw Maverick (I was maybe 10 or so).
I wanted to have the same chips but, alas, now I know that it would have been impossible (and it still is) to have the exact same chips as those in the big tournament at the end of the movie.

But for decades I tried to find some kind of replicas or even chips that have the same "feeling" to me (I'm looking at you, Paranoid).
So I resigned myself to not having chips that resemble those.

And then, about 10 years ago, that itch scratched me again after I saw the movie Rounders and I found out that you could design your own chips via the ASM website.
So I was really happy and excited to finally be able to have some kind of replica of the Maverick poker chips but when I found out the prices to make them I was kind of heartbroken...
But, I needed to get rid of that itch, so I set my sights on some Top Hat & Cane poker chips that I bought from apachepokerchips (photos will arrive some day).

Unfortunately, that itch came back a few days ago and I do not have the money nor the space to get some poker chips so, instead, I am messing around with the Poker Chip Design Tool and, maybe some day, I will finally get those chips.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give you some background.

TL;DR: Hello from France.

Bienvenue!
If you don‘t mind it‘s not ‚real clay‘ you can get 1:1 copies (exept the mold) from Tina?!

CPC won‘t do exact copies of featured chips.

I don't know what (who?) Tina is :unsure:

As for the chips, they will never be the same because the denom in the movie are weird (white = 10 ; red = 50 ; blue = 250 ; yellow = weird graphic with a faceless crowned head but I think it is 1 000) and the mold is also kind of weird and does not exist anywhere (at least, I never find it anywhere).

In fact, I think the only thing that I love with those chips is the colours and also the fact that they are plain (i.e. no edge spot).
Because of this, I could buy some cheap plastic chips with the same colours but...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom