Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (23 Viewers)

20190312_173942.jpg

The growing Whiskey bar, which is open to all players.
  • Jameson Caskmates Stout
  • Henry McKenna Bourbon
  • Auchentoshan American Oak
  • Tullamore Dew
  • Four Roses Small Batch
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Defiant (NC Local Whiskey)
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Chivas Regal
  • Glenfiddich 12
  • Balvenie 12 Doublewood
  • Some moonshine and other stuff

Nice little blended from my sister as a birthday gift. View attachment 261164

Best regular release Johnny Walter by a good margin. And the only one in the core range that is a Blended Malt (only Single Malts in the blend, no crappy grain whisky in it at all). Also, probably the only Johnny Walter I’d have in my bar, for my money.

Best regular release Johnny Walter by a good margin. And the only one in the core range that is a Blended Malt (only Single Malts in the blend, no crappy grain whisky in it at all). Also, probably the only Johnny Walter I’d have in my bar, for my money.

My sisters are serious single malt fans. Multiple trips to Scotland and whiskey bars in their homes that stand up to some of folks here. They know I’m not as serious as them and meet me in the middle. But they know their whiskey!

My sisters are serious single malt fans. Multiple trips to Scotland and whiskey bars in their homes that stand up to some of folks here. They know I’m not as serious as them and meet me in the middle. But they know their whiskey!

Yeah man, it’s a GREAT bottle! Green FTW!!

I kinda think the Double Black is a great buy, as well as drinkable.

I like the double black a lot. Very reasonably priced for some peaty smoke. It is no lagavulin but still a lot more going on than regular black lable.

I also love the black glass and will admit to seeding a bottle or two into the ocean at winter time in the hopes of some some black summer sea glass.

I like the double black a lot. Very reasonably priced for some peaty smoke. It is no lagavulin but still a lot more going on than regular black lable.

I also love the black glass and will admit to seeding a bottle or two into the ocean at winter time in the hopes of some some black summer sea glass.
Remind me not to walk barefoot at your beach! Have you thought about a rock tumbler instead?

That 21 year old Taketsuru is one of my favorites, and for the longest time was a total sleeper, available at Tokyo dutyfree for like $60. Not any more.

Japanese has a whisky crisis where they can’t supply the demand. They are all about to change to NAS because they’re running out

Last edited:
The growing Whiskey bar, which is open to all players.
  • Jameson Caskmates Stout
  • Henry McKenna Bourbon
  • Auchentoshan American Oak
  • Tullamore Dew
  • Four Roses Small Batch
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Defiant (NC Local Whiskey)
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Chivas Regal
  • Glenfiddich 12
  • Balvenie 12 Doublewood
  • Some moonshine and other stuff
View attachment 260659
+1 for Monkey Shoulder

Basil Hayden comes from the exact same barrels as Wild Turkey. It's diluted down to 80 proof. Biggest scam in the bourbon industry.

Basil Hayden comes from the exact same barrels as Wild Turkey. It's diluted down to 80 proof. Biggest scam in the bourbon industry.

Bullshit.

Basil Hayden's is a Beam Suntory product, created by Jim Beam in 1992. It's composition is: -- Mash bill of 63% corn, 27% rye, 10% malted barley; from Jim Beam (Beam-Suntory) distillery in Clermont, KY.

Wild Turkey is made by the Campari Group, at a distillery in Tyrone, KY. There are nine different bottlings. All but the rye are the same composition as the 101: -- Mashbill: 75% Corn, 13% Rye, 12% Malted Barley; from Campari Group.

"In 2009, the Campari Group acquired the distillery and the Wild Turkey brand from Pernod Ricard.[8]

In 2011, Wild Turkey began to be distilled at a newly constructed facility near the old distillery. The new distillery sits where the old bottling facility was previously located.[9] It was bottled by the Austin Nichols division of Campari Group, until the division was renamed.

In 2013, Campari opened a new bottling facility at the Wild Turkey Distillery. For the previous 13 years Wild Turkey had been bottled offsite in Indiana and, later, Arkansas. In addition to the Wild Turkey products, Campari's SKYY vodka is also bottled there after being shipped from the Illinois distillery."

I've recently finished a bottle of Basil Hayden, and I think it's okay but not IMO worth the $38ish price tag.

I also have a bottle of Monkey Shoulder on my bar that I can't beg my players to drink. Frankly it's just not good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom