Official 2023 Custom Chip Set HOF Voting Thread (2 Viewers)

Pick the sets you think deserve to be in the 2023 HOF

• The Bone Yard

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • The Canoe Club

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Chessie's Cove

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • Le Gold Luxury Hotel & Resort

Votes: 69 44.5%
  • The Poker Lab

Votes: 68 43.9%
  • Willie's Treasure Trove

Votes: 45 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With less than 70 total votes for any one, and only 155 total voters, I guarantee you’re in the minority.

While you may not know it, we have creators on this list that are “old heads” and would make a top 5 beloved PCF member list, we have meetup hosts, folks that attend a reg home game filled with pcfers for years, etc.

It’s not negative, it’s just that you can’t possibly distinguish the chip sets from their owners, bias will come into play, and that’s okay.
I don’t doubt it’s a factor here. It’s a factor in all of life. I also don’t consider these results invalidated.

I was in the music business for years. I learned a long time ago that you don’t just win a Grammy for writing a good song. Your people work the room tirelessly (so to speak) on the collaborator’s behalf.

At any rate, I’d love to play with all these sets. They are better than my skill deserves.

I don’t doubt it’s a factor here. It’s a factor in all of life. I also don’t consider these results invalidated.

I was in the music business for years. I learned a long time ago that you don’t just win a Grammy for writing a good song. Your people work the room tirelessly (so to speak) on the collaborator’s behalf.

At any rate, I’d love to play with all these sets. They are better than my skill deserves.
no one considers them invalid…we simply said popularity is always a factor, you said oh yeah well look at me, I explained you’re the exception not the rule as you joined 5 months ago.

Appreciate you explaining it to me though!

no one considers them invalid…we simply said popularity is always a factor, you said oh yeah well look at me, I explained you’re the exception not the rule as you joined 5 months ago.

Appreciate you explaining it to me though!
I guess some folks are just born grumpy. I’ll continue to participate in this forum and maybe when I grow up to coach pitch I can go around and put noobs in their place.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Many thanks to @Irish and the whole committee for running this process. I am honored that The Poker Lab was one of the sets selected.

I guess some people don’t like the process, and of course it’s hard to separate voting for the sets from voting for who created them. My only suggestion for the future would be to have blind voting where the results aren’t seen until the end (or at least until that person voted).

Many thanks to @Irish and the whole committee for running this process. I am honored that The Poker Lab was one of the sets selected.

I guess some people don’t like the process, and of course it’s hard to separate voting for the sets from voting for who created them. My only suggestion for the future would be to have blind voting where the results aren’t seen until the end (or at least until that person voted).
That's a great shout with the blind voting, tbf. Congrats once again on the induction.

For the record I like the process as is, was simply explaining you can’t untether a chip set from its creator.
Just as a side note, it’s strange that you can see the results before voting, definitely could cause some sway.
This was my only feedback for the committees.

Perhaps comments should be blind :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom