Most Annoying Televised Poker Players Sweet 16: Jerry Yang v Tony G (1 Viewer)

Who Was More Annoying?

• Jerry Yang

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Tony G

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Jerry Yang

Constantly prayed to his lord & savior, Jesus Christ, during broadcasts of the WSOP on ESPN. In the end, it worked out and he won the Main, so I guess God really does care about river cards!

Tony G

Known for needling and berating players mercilessly at the poker table, Tony G has many highlights of his antics available for viewing

Berates another player after busting him

He "didn't look" at his hand

Gives Andrew Robyl a hard time

Tony winning a pot with "grace" again as he continues to toot his own horn

there was a method to tony g madness. he's a bright guy and is now in the lithuanian govt. go figure.

Tony G is the clear winner... He annoys the eff out of me. However, it's like a bad train-wreck... you just can't stop watching him... But this wasn't a thread on who's more entertaining.

Reminds me of when Matusow was telling Hellmuth that he was out of line. If Matusow is saying this to you it's probably true

I was just thinking the exact same - if Hellmuth thinks it's bad etiquette, then it probably is.....

Did you just start this with 16 players or were there earlier rounds?
(only asking because I didn't see Luke Schwartz's name - he's probably not well known in the States but he gave all these players a run for their money a few years ago. And Andrew Robl, who you mentioned in one of the above clips)

Did you just start this with 16 players or were there earlier rounds?
(only asking because I didn't see Luke Schwartz's name - he's probably not well known in the States but he gave all these players a run for their money a few years ago. And Andrew Robl, who you mentioned in one of the above clips)

Started with sixteen players. I had other names on my list but due to various constraints (at work while I was putting it all together, couldn't find good clips on certain players like Annette Obrestad, etc.) I wasn't able to include every possible annoying player out there.

Started with sixteen players. I had other names on my list but due to various constraints (at work while I was putting it all together, couldn't find good clips on certain players like Annette Obrestad, etc.) I wasn't able to include every possible annoying player out there.
Is Annette considered an annoying player?

Is Annette considered an annoying player?

I've read various posts that point out she's obnoxious, overly egotistical and vocal about it (essentially a female version of Hellmuth) and has shit-talked a lot of well-known pro's and their skill levels (or lack thereof). I've met her once and she was cool, but I wasn't playing at the table with her.

I did find a clip where she dresses down Huck Seed, who is her partner at the table:

I've read various posts that point out she's obnoxious, overly egotistical and vocal about it (essentially a female version of Hellmuth) and has shit-talked a lot of well-known pro's and their skill levels (or lack thereof). I've met her once and she was cool, but I wasn't playing at the table with her.

I did find a clip where she dresses down Huck Seed, who is her partner at the table:

I wasn't aware of that. I have not seen much of her except her WSOPE win and some interviews on Norwegian TV during the Norwegian championship where she came across as a genuinly nice person.

I wasn't aware of it until I started doing research for this bracket, and her name came up across numerous forums in similar topics about annoying, rude, etc. players.

I don't mind either player. I like Tony G. He's an epic villain lol. If Yang wants to pray go head.

This particular match-up would have been TV GOLD if they had a few big hands together in the WSOP or similar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom