MIDNIGHT Faded Spades (2 Viewers)

I use and like faded spades in my game but these are hideous lol. I would never table them in any game but I have a deck of bicycle tragic royalty paper cards that I think are super cool. I love the artwork. I haven’t even tried it actually but the face cards I believe are different under a black light and show skulls instead of their faces I think https://a.co/d/23RWX6E

Didn't Copag do this already? I tried putting these in play one time and I was lucky to escape with my life. Seriously... changed out decks after 1 hand.

View attachment 1165610
Wow...I just took a trip down memory lane. I used to own a set almost 20 years ago. I completely forgot all about these. You're right, in that they sucked playing with. I think we prob only used them once as well. However, I would absolutely buy these again though if I came across them, if only for the nostalgia.

Lol, "for our loyal customers, heres a bundle with a little savings but PLEASE buy our Midnight cards, we made way too many!"
Screenshot_20240229-120033_Gmail.jpg

Lol, "for our loyal customers, heres a bundle with a little savings but PLEASE buy our Midnight cards, we made way too many!"
View attachment 1283715

Not really much of a discount. The setups are normally $30, so you save $10, but shipping is more for the bundle:

1709227829741.png

Shipping is normally $5 per setup, so the w/shipping the two setups would normally be $70, but with this bundle it would be $63. So instead of saving $10, you save $7. Makes no sense that bundle shipping cost is more than two individual setups' shipping cost combined.

Also, I obviously didn't go through the entire checkout process with this bundle, but as you can see from the screenshot, it does let me choose the $5 shipping option. Who would purposefully choose the higher shipping during check out? Maybe the cart will kick you back if you actually try to complete the purchase, but it's strange to even give people the option.

Not really much of a discount. The setups are normally $30, so you save $10, but shipping is more for the bundle:

View attachment 1283741

Shipping is normally $5 per setup, so the w/shipping the two setups would normally be $70, but with this bundle it would be $63. So instead of saving $10, you save $7. Makes no sense that bundle shipping cost is more than two individual setups' shipping cost combined.

Also, I obviously didn't go through the entire checkout process with this bundle, but as you can see from the screenshot, it does let me choose the $5 shipping option. Who would purposefully choose the higher shipping during check out? Maybe the cart will kick you back if you actually try to complete the purchase, but it's strange to even give people the option.
Not much discount at all, just hoping their lil email campaign helps them clear out some MIDNIGHT stock.

It also annoys me somewhat that they charge $5 per setup regardless of how many you order, when they obviously ship things together and shipping costs should go down the more items you send together.

When I asked about the potential for combined shipping cost savings, they replied that this is set by their shipping carrier partners and they "don't dictate those costs".

Obviously they can charge whatever they want, but seems rather customer-unfriendly. Oh well. /rant

It also annoys me somewhat that they charge $5 per setup regardless of how many you order, when they obviously ship things together and shipping costs should go down the more items you send together.

When I asked about the potential for combined shipping cost savings, they replied that this is set by their shipping carrier partners and they "don't dictate those costs".

Obviously they can charge whatever they want, but seems rather customer-unfriendly. Oh well. /rant
No need to end rant, this is the thread for it. Love the feel of them but their customer service is not making any friends.

Plus I'd be LAAAUGHHED at if I opened these cards in front of my apes.

So, has anyone bought them?
You guys might be surprised to hear this, but I bought a set up of these cards during the $19.99 sale they have right now and we just played with them and….. they’re surprisingly good. They shuffle extremely well, slide smoothly over the felt, and the thing I was worried about which was difficulty seeing the numbers and suits wasn’t a problem; the red and white really popped against the black backdrop. If you guys play with bridge sized cards and have a chance to try this deck lemme know your thoughts?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom