I asked Chat GPT to create a new game of poker. Is this really something new? (1 Viewer)

MrBoosh

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Chat GPT to create a new game of poker, similar to Texas Holdem. This is what it came up with. First of all, is it really a new game? And second, is it really playable?

How about a variant called "Wild Hold'em"?

Here's how it works:

Game Setup:
Wild Hold'em is played with a standard 52-card deck.Each player is dealt two private cards (hole cards) as in Texas Hold'em.

Betting Rounds:

Preflop: Same as Texas Hold'em.

Flop: Three community cards are dealt face up.

Turn: One additional community card is dealt face up.

River: One final community card is dealt face up.

Hand Rankings:

Hand rankings are the same as in Texas Hold'em.

Wild Card:

Before the flop, players are dealt a single wild card in addition to their two hole cards.The wild card can be used to substitute for any other card to make the best possible hand.The wild card can change throughout the game depending on certain conditions:

If a player folds, their wild card is discarded.

If a player goes all-in, their wild card remains on the table until the end of the hand.

If multiple players go all-in, the last player to act keeps their wild card, and all other wild cards are discarded.

Betting Structure:

No limit betting structure, similar to Texas Hold'em.

Showdown:

Same as Texas Hold'em, players make the best possible hand using any combination of their hole cards and the community cards.

Winning:

The player with the best hand wins the pot.

Strategy:

Players must adapt their strategies to the changing nature of the wild card. Bluffing and reading opponents remain crucial elements of the game. Wild Hold'em offers a dynamic twist on the traditional Texas Hold'em game, adding an element of unpredictability and excitement to each hand. Adjustments can be made to the rules and mechanics based on player preferences and feedback.

I’m missing something or it’s missing something. What happens to the wild cards if there’s a non-all-in showdown. Everyone gets to use the wild card they were dealt?

If that’s the case, why does only the last to act get to keep theirs in a multi way all in?

I thought maybe it was suggesting the wild cards were useable by anyone. Kind of like in rummy variant games. That would be bizarre but at least would make “the wild card can change throughout the game” make more sense. Because there’s no mention of getting dealt a new one so I have to assume it’s some shared thing and that’s why some are discarded.

If that’s how it works, then we’re missing a lot a lot of rules for other cases lol.

Swing and a miss for GPT but maybe you could ask it for clarifications?

I asked what happens to the wilds if no one goes all in.

If no player goes all-in during the hand, the wild cards are simply discarded before the showdown. This means that they do not contribute to any player's hand, and players must make the best possible hand using only their two hole cards and the community cards, as in standard Texas Hold'em. The absence of all-in actions in a hand results in the wild cards having no impact on the outcome of the hand.

I asked what happens to the wilds if no one goes all in.

If no player goes all-in during the hand, the wild cards are simply discarded before the showdown. This means that they do not contribute to any player's hand, and players must make the best possible hand using only their two hole cards and the community cards, as in standard Texas Hold'em. The absence of all-in actions in a hand results in the wild cards having no impact on the outcome of the hand.
Okay now we’ve got a rule set we can actually consider lol. To your question of if this exists… I have no clue. I’m not a circus master like many folks here.

Re: the game itself….

I can’t think this is that interesting a game? I started to type a bunch of cases but I’ll save that energy for the next one

The all in discarding of wild cards is pointless. Have wild cards or don't.
We play a few wild card games.
One game we call little red hen.
Lowest red card in your down hand is wild and any like it.
2 down, 3 up, 1 down. Best 5 card poker hand wins.

If you are determined to make a poker game with variable wild card why not keep it simple.

1. Deal holdem as normal. Two hole cards, followed by a round of betting.

2. Deal flop as normal. Three cards face up., followed by a round of betting.

3. Dealer flips one card face up above the flop on the board. This is the wild card for the hand. Follow with a round of betting.

4. Deal turn and river as normal.

@Machine
season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Basically button has the only wild card with all-in.
If everyone in front of him goes all in pre flop.

Surely you aren’t suggesting that if the button has folded pre-flop, then an all in occurs with the remaining players on the river street, his wild card suddenly becomes active again?

I just asked the AI computer lord to create a new game because I was curious if it could make a working game. I did not specify wild card or no wild card. I think the game it created is definitely flawed. I just thought it was interesting what it tried to come up with.

I just asked the AI computer lord to create a new game because I was curious if it could make a working game. I did not specify wild card or no wild card. I think the game it created is definitely flawed. I just thought it was interesting what it tried to come up with.
Love the idea - it should be excellent at balancing game theory, but of course it chucks in 8 different wild cards lol

Try asking again but specify no wild cards allowed.

I doubt we'll like this construct any better, but ya never know.....

Here is an updated new game that it came up with. Not so sure this one will work very well either. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

How about "Straight Flush Showdown"? It's a variant of Texas Hold'em where players aim to make the best straight flush hand without any wild cards. Each player is dealt two hole cards, and there are five community cards dealt face up. The betting rounds and hand rankings follow traditional Texas Hold'em rules, but the only hands eligible for showdown are straight flushes. This adds a twist to the strategy and makes for some exciting hands!

At least these are entertaining. And I think proves we still have a few years until AI will be able to create the terminators to come after us.

Ok, how bout this one? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

How about "Reverse Poker"? Players aim to lose all their chips instead of winning them. Each player starts with a set number of chips, and the goal is to get rid of them all as quickly as possible. The hand rankings are reversed, so the worst possible hand, like a high card, becomes the best hand, while a royal flush is the worst hand. Players can only bet by adding chips to the pot, and the winner of each hand is the player with the worst hand. It's a game where the goal is to lose!

Ok, how bout this one? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

How about "Reverse Poker"? Players aim to lose all their chips instead of winning them. Each player starts with a set number of chips, and the goal is to get rid of them all as quickly as possible. The hand rankings are reversed, so the worst possible hand, like a high card, becomes the best hand, while a royal flush is the worst hand. Players can only bet by adding chips to the pot, and the winner of each hand is the player with the worst hand. It's a game where the goal is to lose!
Pretty sure this is the whole premise of WAB this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom