Hate for $25 denom (1 Viewer)

rbk

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Like the title says, I think $25 chips tend to be the ugliest and I get really uncomfortable if I have an odd number of them in my stack. Even having multiples of 2 rather than 4 makes me a little uneasy. With that being said how many of you think $25 denoms are necessary for a game (mostly 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 2/5 stakes)? Considering a $1x100, $5x700, $100x180, $500x20 spread for 1/1 through 2/5. Or do I just have crazy OCD since I like to think in $100 multiples?

Last edited:
Holy crap...just reading this post stresses me tf out...
IlfbS49kOofMgl9kRR.gif

You need $25 for all those stakes. For $2/$5, they become a secondary workhorse.
Think most $25 are ugly? Design your own.
I would disagree that $25 are needed, as enough $5 (700 in this case) would support multiple bets under $100 for a 9 max table. If all $5 are in play, that would average over 70 $5s for each player which would be $350 in value. And on top of this, any bet over $100 would be utilizing the $100 denom anyways.

I think $25 chips tend to be the ugliest and I get really uncomfortable if I have an odd number of them in my stack. Even having multiples of 2 rather than 4 makes me a little uneasy.
I don't think you're alone. I've played with people at 1/2 and 1/3 who've had an odd habit of selling their $25s to their neighbors as soon as they get any.

“I would disagree that $25 are needed, as enough $5 (700 in this case) would support multiple bets under $100 for a 9 max table. If all $5 are in play, that would average over 70 $5s for each player which would be $350 in value. And on top of this, any bet over $100 would be utilizing the $100 denom anyways.“

Hold On Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Considering a $1x100, $5x700, $100x180, $500x20 spread for 1/1 through 2/5.
Yes, that should be sufficient $5s that making change for $100's would never be a problem. 35 barrels? That's like 4 per person. No problem, go nuts with your crazy game!

Reactions: rbk
Won't be adding much with my comments but I don't like 25s either. Just because I'm not a fan of the green colour and I haven't found a green chip that I like but for the dunes 25$.

It going to cause so much unnecessary confusion when someone want to re-raise to $80 and flip in one $100 chip & the poor guy on the other side of the table tot he is just calling.

Or Maybe u are just weird

View attachment 1320837
Hmm I hadn't thought about this, but that's a pretty good point. Thanks for the compliment :cautious:

Won't be adding much with my comments but I don't like 25s either. Just because I'm not a fan of the green colour and I haven't found a green chip that I like but for the dunes 25$.
I'm a big fan of the HSI primary...the only $25 I've ever found acceptable

So, you're OK with multiples of five from $1 to $5 but multiples of 5 from $20 to $100 tilts you? :unsure:
Interestingly enough, it's only ever been with $25. I guess having an incomplete barrel by 1 chip is also pretty tilting for me

20s can be whatever color you want (except blue, red, or white). Go crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom