Gun Violence Tracker (9 Viewers)

My point was to try to have a rational dialogue with you, but I guess I should have figured out like a dozen posts ago that it's possible since you are evidently either too stupid to respond to a single direct question or have no desire to have an actual discussion.

In either case I hope you get locked inside your bunker and take yourself out Private Pyle style.

All about having a discussion, but since my very first post, you have had a condescending attitude. Being cross examined isn't really my idea of a discussion. Then you stoop to Bergs level with person insults

So the Founders anticipated a far left liberal media that would sway the voting population into putting people in the Oval Office and Congress that would nominate and confirm, over a 50 year period, liberal judges to the highest court in the land who would help support a junta that would ruthlessly pursue gun owners and eradicate their firearms via a central registry? That's why the 2nd Amendment, in spirit but not in specificity, discourages the use of a central registry of firearm owners?

I revise my earlier statement. You're a dipshit, and a closet conspiracy theorist.

Wow. Are you a grown adult? Your posts are nothing but uninformed rage. You have yet to add a single unique comment. Honestly I stopped reading them

Last edited:
All about having a discussion, but since my very first post, you have had a condescending attitude. Being cross examined isn't really my idea of a discussion.

I would practice up on my response to cross examination if I were you, assuming you're taken alive by the ATF.

You see, the other thing I noticed is that I don't even think you want to have a serious discussion. This seems to be some type of game for you

Yeah that makes sense. I've spent hours of my life and dozens of good faith responses (to my shame certainly at this point) while you've been copy/pasting Alex Jones broadcasts and I'm the one who doesn't want to have a serious discussion.

How about this: I'll give you an autographed copy of the Turner Diaries if you can pass a polygraph saying you've never fantasized about Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols going at it like dogs in heat in the back of that Ryder can.

Yeah that makes sense. I've spent hours of my life and dozens of good faith responses (to my shame certainly at this point) while you've been copy/pasting Alex Jones broadcasts and I'm the one who doesn't want to have a serious discussion.

How about this: I'll give you an autographed copy of the Turner Diaries if you can pass a polygraph saying you've never fantasized about Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols going at it like dogs in heat in the back of that Ryder can.

Never watched Alex Jones. I don't know what the Turner Diaries are.

Your comment about McVeigh is extremely insulting not to mention childish and absurd.

I don't think the government is about to collapse and I dont think people will come for our guns in my lifetime.

But I understand that your entire goal in this "discussion" was to paint me that way with your barrage of questions aimed at getting a desired answer. I'm not playing that game...especially since you ignored numerous questions from me over the past few weeks on this thread.

The main difference between you and me seems to be that I believe in a nation of laws and you believe in a nation of men. I believe that if you don't like a law you change it. You seem to feel you just need to twist it. I think that is dangerous stuff.

If you would like to to have a serious non condescending conversation then great. I really don't believe that was ever your intent. You just seem to have a lot more self control than this Berg character...and probably 50 IQ points to boot. There is a compliment.

Last edited:
WAKA-WAKA-FONZIE.jpg

Never watched Alex Jones. I don't know what the Turner Diaries are.

Your comment about McVeigh is extremely insulting not to mention childish and absurd.

I don't think the government is about to collapse and I dont think people will come for our guns in my lifetime.

But I understand that your entire goal in this "discussion" was to paint me that way with your barrage of questions aimed at getting a desired answer. I'm not playing that game...especially since you ignored numerous questions from me over the past few weeks on this thread.

The main difference between you and me seems to be that I believe in a nation of laws and you believe in a nation of men. I believe that if you don't like a law you change it. You seem to feel you just need to twist it. I think that is dangerous stuff.

If you would like to to have a serious non condescending conversation then great. I really don't believe that was ever your intent. You just seem to have a lot more self control than this Berg character...and probably 50 IQ points to boot. There is a compliment.

LOL! Happy to take an IQ test and spot you 5 points for a hundo.

You like to pull in random quotes from people that have been dead for almost 250 years and then paint anyone that disagrees with you as anti-Founding Fathers.

In an argument, sometimes you need to answer the other party's questions. You're incapable of doing that. You're 100% executing the standard NRA/gun lobby argument - deflect, deflect, deflect.

You're a cliche, at best. Look, I can quote Patrick Henry. Respect my authoritieeee!

LOL! Happy to take an IQ test and spot you 5 points for a hundo.

You like to pull in random quotes from people that have been dead for almost 250 years and then paint anyone that disagrees with you as anti-Founding Fathers.

In an argument, sometimes you need to answer the other party's questions. You're incapable of doing that. You're 100% executing the standard NRA/gun lobby argument - deflect, deflect, deflect.

You're a cliche, at best. Look, I can quote Patrick Henry. Respect my authoritieeee!
I'll put $100 on bergs and spot you 5 points against him as well.

I'll also bet up to my $100k vs your $75k that bergs and jbutler are less than 50 IQ points apart, in either direction. Must escrow funds for action.

Last edited:
In b4 "IQ tests are rigged anyway and the govment will use the results to steal our freedom"

Within close tolerances on EQ as well. No comment on score

Mostly Aussies who move to the US and get confused when they realize they have to mow in the opposite direction around the yard here.

I think it's because the blades spin backwards in the Southern Hemisphere. Though I disagree with the root cause, I'm pretty sure you're right it's predominantly Aussies.

Just posted the below over in a thread I thought more appropriate for the specific subject, but it's obviously also highly relevant to gun violence generally, so might be of interest to some reading this thread.

If you're interested in gun violence and its relationship to race, this podcast by Sam Harris with guest Glenn Loury is phenomenal (transcript here).

They dive into the statistics (at least those that are available) to discuss what impact race has on the propensity of police to use violence against subjects during encounters with civilians. Very eye-opening stuff and has caused me to substantially - if tenuously as we await fuller statistical evidence - change my opinions on racism and policing.

Apparently Glenn has also had similar and similarly interesting discussions with John McWhorter which I haven't yet listened to, but can be found here. Among the many episodes of Glenn's video interviews are several appearances by McWhorter in which they discuss police violence and race.

Quick update for those following at home...
Rising gun violence fuels crime surges in many cities, FBI says. Source: FBI

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Total gun related deaths as of 9/26/2016: 10,697.
When I started this thread 156 days ago on April 22nd, there were 77 mass shootings. Now 289 mass shootings. That's more than 1 per day and approximately 40 gun related deaths per day.

I'm sure glad we don't have a gun violence problem.

For those that dispute the credibility of the tracker above, please provide an alternative source of same material so we can all learn from it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom