EBay purchase tonight from rometc_3014 (6 Viewers)

inapinch

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I recognize this will likely be dead in the water, but if anyone on PCF made this purchase, please message me. I’ve been working with this person for the last few days to get these chips listed. They were listed and gone in seconds, but intended for me.
Fuuuddge

IMG_5923.jpeg

I recognize this will likely be dead in the water, but if anyone on PCF made this purchase, please message me. I’ve been working with this person for the last few days to get these chips listed. They were listed and gone in seconds, but intended for me.
Fuuuddge

View attachment 1279975
That makes me nervous as hell, when a seller says he’ll list them for me. ISNT THERE ANY OTHER WAY?!?!?

Last edited:
That makes me nervous as hell, when a seller says he’ll list them for me. ISNT THERE ANY OTHER WAY?!?!?
Agreed. eBay does everything it can to make you stay within their ecosystem for transactions, is it so hard to be able to create a listing while tagging another eBay member for a deal specifically for them?
Not sure what I'm missing, but this seems like it could be fairly easy to implement, and would be used relatively often, imo.

Fuuuddge

View attachment 1279975
I would absolutely love that snapper if it's not something in your want pile! And if @bernielomax doesn't want it obviously...

I would absolutely love that snapper if it's not something in your want pile! And if @bernielomax doesn't want it obviously...
I already have a few, and can’t put that into play. I’ll leave it up to @bernielomax if he’d like to keep it. (And if he does, I’ll send you one of mine bud)

Agreed. eBay does everything it can to make you stay within their ecosystem for transactions, is it so hard to be able to create a listing while tagging another eBay member for a deal specifically for them?
Not sure what I'm missing, but this seems like it could be fairly easy to implement, and would be used relatively often, imo.

I have had a handful of sellers do exactly this for me in the past

Fuuuddge

View attachment 1279975
List then with a shitty title if you don't want them sniped.

Definitely +1 @bernielomax he was kind enough to remember me when he parted with a last rack of a chip I was building around. These kinds of stories are one of the many reasons this is such a great community.

@bernielomax, that is crazy stand up of you. I worked out a deal with a seller once for chips I actually use and collect. @ReallyGoodUsername and his bots snatched them up in seconds. I knew the listing was getting posted, and he still beat me to it (most people know what he does all day). At the time, I assumed it was him, but I wasn’t sure. I reached out to the seller to see if he would honor our deal and let the sniper know. He contacted @ReallyGoodUsername, but @ReallyGoodUsername wouldn’t let him, and the seller was scared he would get negative feedback if he canceled the transaction. The worst part is that @ReallyGoodUsername even told the seller he knew those chips were intended for me!!

Anyway, I knew exactly what he was going to do with them, and sho nuff, they were being flipped in no time!!

It’s good the know, @bernielomax there are some decent people still left. Major tip of the hat to you.

1708758224828.gif

That happened to me as a seller, someone else snipped my listing I created for others. It’s eBay, so I overpriced expecting buyer can buy in his convenience when he told me to list it.

Sold in less than a minute like WTH. The other guy told me to honor the transaction as I didn’t label as reserved. I did. Told the other guy the exact story, was very disappointed. Didn’t receive threats of feedback from both parties, but I felt yikes that can happen. You never know your overpriced might be buyer’s deal of the day.

Buyer was a chipper who wanted for his collection and didn’t flip.

Later, I included a slip to buyer for different item asking me to contact, so I can help him find what he missed. I did find them and worked things good.

Since then, I ask the buyer, what time do you want me to list? If he says, post at 5 pm for example, I post at 5 pm. Work’s convenient for buyer and seller. I think buyers can ask sellers to do it, at least I run that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom