Dal Negro Virgolone ? what are your thoughts on these (1 Viewer)

BigSlick4523

Full House
Reaction score
To anyone that has these cards how do you like them ?

1708574398811.png

1708574419744.png

Any input is appreciated

I got them in my collections, they are a bit more textured compared to most of the other Dal Negro cards that I owned.

So much so it almost felt closer to Copag card instead of Dal Negro, I suspect they might be make from different stock lines.

I do like the back design thou which is a plus

I got them in my collections, they are a bit more textured compared to most of the other Dal Negro cards that I owned.

So much so it almost felt closer to Copag card instead of Dal Negro, I suspect they might be make from different stock lines.

I do like the back design thou which is a plus
I heard they were a thicker card thicker and a tad bit heavier and a lil tougher to shuffle than Copags ?

I rarely shuffle / used Copags anymore so that I can't be sure.

Let me try them when I back at home after my work tonight.

But they are certainly tougher to shuffle compared to the other Dal Negro stocks.

Last edited:
I usually love Dal Negros, but I didn't care for these. Very gritty/grainy card stock (too much), and they seemed to get marked pretty easily.

All the comments above are consistent in what I felt with my decks. Grainy/textured feel. More effort involved in shuffling - not sure if that is due to heavier card stock or texture. Although Dal Negro cards are fantastic cards, there are other decks that feel better when shuffling and dealing.

All the comments above are consistent in what I felt with my decks. Grainy/textured feel. More effort involved in shuffling - not sure if that is due to heavier card stock or texture. Although Dal Negro cards are fantastic cards, there are other decks that feel better when shuffling and dealing.
You right. Recently bought deck of NTP 4 pip poker size. Wonderful feel, great packaging

not sure if that is due to heavier card stock or texture
It’s definitely the texture, I have numerous other Dal Negro setups, same awesome thick Italian card stock, but they have a linen finish that’s somewhat textured but nothing compared to these. These are borderline sandpaper…..

Interesting all this talk about the texture. I bought some of these Virgolone from ChipLab which had decent prices but I never really liked the backs so I sold them without opening them.

Has anyone documented which Dal Negro designs have "standard" texture and which are outliers? I own several designs that I just haven't opened yet, like the blue/red with a compass rose in the center, or the monkey design, or these from @Spinettis Gaming, and now I also have some Grand Slams I haven't opened before.

I had opened and shuffled the ones with the Statue of Liberty on the back, and I recall really liking the feel, and I have NTP setups that I really like too, and I think they were similar in feel/texture (I no longer own the Statue of Liberty ones so I cannot compare directly). I'm hoping most of the other ones I own will feel like those rather than what's been described here about the Virgolones.

I’ve only seen this tuck box for these cards.
Maybe @Pippa knows.

Okay, that makes sense since these are the same ones I own, in blue and red, that I bought from @Spinettis Gaming...

Blue: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...-blue-poker-size-jumbo-index-100-plastic-deck

Red: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...m-red-poker-size-jumbo-index-100-plastic-deck

I haven't opened them to see how they feel/shuffle yet.

Okay, that makes sense since these are the same ones I own, in blue and red, that I bought from @Spinettis Gaming...

Blue: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...-blue-poker-size-jumbo-index-100-plastic-deck

Red: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...m-red-poker-size-jumbo-index-100-plastic-deck

I haven't opened them to see how they feel/shuffle yet.
I really like my green/black setup. To me, they feel like an acetate card when shuffling. But when you put the deck down, you don’t get the top card sliding off to the side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom