Coming Soon!!! (6 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is what they look like in sets. Let me know what you think. I like #2 the best. Not sure If I like the red denomination with the black labels. Matching silver or white might be the best with a black background.
ap_cm_cs1a.jpg
ap_cm_cs1b.jpg
ap_cm_cs1c.jpg

black inlay, red denoms. easiest decision i've made all day.

I'm the dissenting voice :( I like the white inlays with red denoms better... That's not to say the back with red isn't great, it's 'almost' as awesome as the white with red! ;)

Black inlay with red denom...
images.jpg

Black inlay, red denom, not even close. I'd also like to the see the look of these with a very slightly bolder font for the denomination.

Either #1 or #2, but #1 is slightly better. I agree that a silver denom might work better with the black inlay, but perhaps a slightly brighter red (or bolder font, as per shaboo's suggestion) would make it "pop" more.

I like the red denoms on the black. I agree with the comment, that the denom font needs to be larger or bold. Not sure if this is true or just my eyes but the third set where CARD ROOM has been removed the denoms appear larger. Maybe it's just more negative space so the appearance is more pronounced. In any case I think the CARD ROOM should be left off.

I also see the white sticks are back on the red T500 chip. I wasn't a fan of that but with the black label I think it looks good.

Have you determined what chips are going to be which values?

I'm torn between the white and black inlays. The red denoms are definitely betters than the blacks.

I'd lose the "card room" on the chips. Just "Majestic" looks better imho.

For colors I'd go with:

(Tan: 5¢)
Blue: 25¢
White: $1
Red: $5
Green: $25
Black: $100
Purple: $500
Yellow: $1,000
Orange: $5,000
Pink: $25,000
(Tan: $100,000)

Majestic, no card room. Black inlays ftw.

Red denom needs to be larger/bolder, but I'd go with silver or white. Another vote/question regarding the previous gold work on black.

Josh - I don't have much to say, because I don't feel a strong preference among these choices. But I do want to say that I very much like the direction.

I also like that it meshes well with the Heraldic seating buttons.

I do currently intend to acquire a sizable set of each when they come around (1000+ on the chips.)

Last edited:
Josh - I don't have much to say, because I don't feel a strong preference among these choices. But I do want to say that I very much like the direction.

I also like that it meshes well with your Heraldic seating buttons.

I do currently intend to acquire a sizable set of each when they come around (1000+ on the chips.)
They do mesh well, but the seating buttons are Sal's at OWPS.

Was hoping for something more like the "Protege" and focus on denomination. I like the griffon and we'd probably just call them that if there was no name on them. First glance I like #3, think I prefer the black labels. But I completely trust J5!!!

Maybe something like this without a title.

upload_2015-4-19_20-47-50.png

I like silver or white denoms on the black background, red denoms on the white background. I second the suggestion for 2 sided chips, black on one side, white on the other. I think the labels would look "cleaner" without the flourish design under the denom. It looks like an afterthought.
The words "card room" don't bother me, with or without seems to work.

I really like the black labels with the red denominations, but I think red denoms always look good. As far as the "card room", I think it looks good with or without it. You can always be sure that J5 will deliver.

Maybe something like this without a title.

upload_2015-4-19_20-47-50-png.10364

I actually like this quite a lot. Griffins ftw, although this technically isn't one.

The griffin, griffon, or gryphon (Greek: γρύφων, grýphōn, or γρύπων, grýpōn, early form γρύψ, grýps; Latin: gryphus) is a legendary creature with the body, tail, and back legs of a lion; the head and wings of an eagle; and an eagle's talons as its front feet.

Last edited:
Rush - I like the idea but my thought was denom in the center of the chip to allow for the greatest area possible. I've actually started to warm up to the Majestic name and like the spears below it. Maybe if the denom was in the center and the spears under that with the Majestic curved along the bottom. Probably too long of a name to make that work. But just a thought. Still in favor of red denom on a black label, I am just looking for a way to increase the size of the denom.

I am narrowing it down. I removed the little pattern under the denomination on the one set. I changed the black v's on the red chip to white. Let me know if we should include "Card Room". Which set do you like better?
ap_cm_cs2a.jpg
ap_cm_cs2b.jpg

Looks like the changes didn't get made to all the denoms, and there seems to be something wrong w/the #25 as listed. Would also be nice to have a $20 label available for the yellows for those that want it.

Love the red w/black and white edge spots!

i prefer the previous $5. less white (i.e., keeping the 1/8" spot white) on the rolling edge makes more sense imo since the adjacent denom is a white chip.

i don't have a huge preference between including "card room" or not, but lean toward including it.

also, red denoms >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> white denoms imo.

Of the 2 options, I like the top set with "card room" and no swirly design under denom.

The $1250 denom is a nice touch :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom