***CLOSED*** Group Buy - Atlantic Club - CPC - Solid Hot Stamp A-Mold Tourney Set (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally took some pic's. These are Awesome!
Atlantic Club 2.jpg

Got 5 Extra of each
Atlantic Club 3.jpg

Mini Splash

Atlantic Club Mini Splash.jpg

Got my samples as well. They look great! Nice job and thanks David!

nice!
is it just me or do your hundreds look like brown?
They are charcoal, but the lighting over my table is pretty dim right now...you can tell the color in person, the phone camera is not capturing it correctly

I have some more pics as well.
Don't expect to much, these where all taken with my iphone :whistle: :whistling:

some close-up's:

DG green
IMG_4023.JPG

Black
IMG_4022.JPG

DG peacock
IMG_4021.JPG

DG yellow
IMG_4020.JPG

DG tiger
IMG_4018.JPG

Retro Red (here they tend to go a bit into the dark pink direction, but they are more like a darker, rich red)
IMG_4019.JPG

And some comparison untouched (left) and oiled (right):

DG green
IMG_4027.JPG

Black
IMG_4028.JPG

DG peacock
IMG_4029.JPG

DG yellow
IMG_4030.JPG

DG tiger
IMG_4031.JPG

Retro Red (top one on left barrel also oiled)
IMG_4025.JPG

Retro Lavender
IMG_4026.JPG

and all together with only the right chip of every barrels oiled (pic is a bit dark but think you can see it anyway)

IMG_4010.JPG

So far I can say they all profit great from oiling, especially the retro's. Though the yellow has the least benefit.
I had the chips in play for one night. Only oiled one chip of each denom for testing (last picture) and accidently the yellow got lost within the others. after the game I tried to find it but there were already a lot chips that lost all their dust and it was impossible to find the one chip.
With the other denoms it was still possible to see the difference although not as clear as before the first game night.
So I guess after a couple of games the chips will probably look very similar to the oiled ones. :)

cheers

I have some more pics as well.
Don't expect to much, these where all taken with my iphone :whistle: :whistling:

some close-up's:

DG green
View attachment 70421

Black
View attachment 70422

DG peacock
View attachment 70423

DG yellow
View attachment 70424

DG tiger
View attachment 70425

Retro Red (here they tend to go a bit into the dark pink direction, but they are more like a darker, rich red)
View attachment 70426

And some comparison untouched (left) and oiled (right):

DG green
View attachment 70427

Black
View attachment 70428

DG peacock
View attachment 70429

DG yellow
View attachment 70430

DG tiger
View attachment 70431

Retro Red (top one on left barrel also oiled)
View attachment 70432

Retro Lavender
View attachment 70433

and all together with only the right chip of every barrels oiled (pic is a bit dark but think you can see it anyway)

View attachment 70434

So far I can say they all profit great from oiling, especially the retro's. Though the yellow has the least benefit.
I had the chips in play for one night. Only oiled one chip of each denom for testing (last picture) and accidently the yellow got lost within the others. after the game I tried to find it but there were already a lot chips that lost all their dust and it was impossible to find the one chip.
With the other denoms it was still possible to see the difference although not as clear as before the first game night.
So I guess after a couple of games the chips will probably look very similar to the oiled ones. :)

cheers

Finally somebody that has yellow 1000s and DG 5000s like me! (y) :thumbsup:

Do you all recommend oiling these? Assuming just the edges and with what?

Thanks!

Why is the spacing so wonky on the T100 stamp?

img_4022-jpg.70422

It is the same on the 1000 as well, I think it is because 1 is a thin digit!
I don't think that qualifies as a legitimate reason. Here are eight examples on seven different molds from five different companies:

P1040004.jpg

PA300036_zps1d6b65c7.jpg

100_0769.jpg

DSC05041.jpg

aztar-tourney.jpg

24D7E3DE-703B-4E18-B06F-788BBF051581.jpg

P1060603.jpg

P1060598.jpg

hotstamp3rd.jpg

It appears that this is a design flaw in the artwork. Very surprised this wasn't addressed prior to the hot-stamp dies being made.

ac1-flaw.jpg

Is anyone worried about the yellow getting dirty? Just wondering because I am debating between the Purple or yellow for a t5000 chip.

It appears that this is a design flaw in the artwork. Very surprised this wasn't addressed prior to the hot-stamp dies being made.

First I've noticed it, and I'm sure the same goes for everyone else, otherwise I'm sure someone would have said - the original thread had a good number of views, from those participating and those not. I'm quite fussy about quality etc (I've maybe a dozen spinners in a set of 800 that have been weeded out) but I would consider this very minor, and not an issue for me.

That said, I hope you aren't going to say you noticed this before they went into production....

Is anyone worried about the yellow getting dirty? Just wondering because I am debating between the Purple or yellow for a t5000 chip.

I got bright white T5k, I don't think I play enough games or that in those games the chips will see enough game time/action to give me any concerns.

There are lots of other bright colours out there you could worry about too in this respect, but then we'd all have really dull chipsets!

I hope you aren't going to say you noticed this before they went into production....
No, I was not involved with the initial stages of the group buy, including the name selection or stamp design. I certainly would have brought it up had I seen it at that time, even if not ordering a set. Just surprised that nobody else noticed it prior to production. It's a pretty glaring error imo.

I got bright white T5k, I don't think I play enough games or that in those games the chips will see enough game time/action to give me any concerns.

There are lots of other bright colours out there you could worry about too in this respect, but then we'd all have really dull chipsets!

thank you.

As you know I sold my set not long ago. I was going through my chip cabinet and came across some of the extras I ordered for samples and also some of the extras from the order. If you are interested in some extras please pm me with what you want. I was thinking $1 each plus shipping. Preference will go to the person buying the most chips.
Here is what I have so send me a pm if you are interested.

15 x T25 light green
1 x T25 DG Green
10 x T100 Black
7 x T100 Charcoal
8 x T500 DG Peacock
14 X T1000 DG Tiger
3 X T1000 DG Yellow
3 x T5000 DG Tiger

David O

Last edited:
As you know I sold my set not long ago. I was going through my chip cabinet and came across some of the extras I ordered for samples and also some of the extras from the order. If you are interested in some extras please pm me with what you want. I was thinking $1 each plus shipping. Preference will go to the person buying the most chips.
Here is what I have so send me a pm if you are interested.

15 x T25 light green
1 x T25 DG Green
10 x T100 Black
7 x T100 Charcoal
8 x T500 DG Peacock
14 X T1000 DG Tiger
3 X T1000 DG Yellow
3 x T5000 DG Tiger

David O
Anybody? Anybody want the extras? Cleaning out and making room. I may have to start giving them away!!! Open to trades

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sorry I'm a little late to the party here. I wanted to post these pictures of my CPC Atlantic club set but things of been quite busy since I receive them. I decided to go with some different colors as I prefered the retro blue over the black or charcoal for a T100 & I prefer the retro lavender as the T500 thus allowing the dayglo peacock to be the T5000. I'm extremely happy with the way these turned out! So thanks once again to David O, David Spragg & CPC, & everyone involved in making this happen! Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you Ghoti! Yes, I'm very pleased w/ the outcome on these chips. The colors really look great & I plan on putting some oil on the edges to really brighten them up! I trust yours are equally amazing!

Finally got my chips today! They've come a long way and they're stunning!
IMG_6885.JPG

I did have some slightly wobbly stacks in two barrels of the DG Tiger T1k. Did anyone else have anything similar?

Finally got my chips today! They've come a long way and they're stunning!
View attachment 71829

I did have some slightly wobbly stacks in two barrels of the DG Tiger T1k. Did anyone else have anything similar?
I know what you are referring to and can explain in some detail what this is.

In my T1000 and up, I noticed that there was a bit more of the foil protruding above the chip surface than with other denominations. This will cause wobbling and some spinners.

HOWEVER!!!
There is some good news.

I took 10 of my chips with this issue and shuffled them about a couple hundred times and what I found was that the excess foil actually wears away and the surface begins to smooth out. This greatly decreases the wobble and eliminates the spinners almost entirely if not entirely.

David could probably confirm my hypothesis that this is what happens when you "break them in".
@David Spragg

I took 10 of my chips with this issue and shuffled them about a couple hundred times and what I found was that the excess foil actually wears away
Or you can just gently scrape them with the back side of an X-acto knife to remove the excess foil. Quicker, but probably not nearly as much fun as shuffling them a couple hundred times. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom