Chip Design - "Classic Brights" (1 Viewer)

What do you think of the design?

• Total voters

imnotlaughin

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This is a design I did recently to be printed by Sun-Fly on their PolyClay chip with mold impressions. The faux-mold in the design is just for reference, as the final chips will have their own impressions stamped into the chips.

My girlfriend doesn't care at all about poker chips, so I'd thought I'd share this with you guys for some feedback and interaction. Let me know what you think.

Classic Brights.jpg

Looks clean, sharp and great. ship it!
I've got a set of samples made already, but with a duller color set. I'm currently waiting to see them printed with the brighter, more saturated colors. So far, though, I'm very impressed with the quality of Sun-Fly's printing. I'll be super excited to get a full set of 1000 chips made once I've settled on an exact color palette.

Thanks for the feedback!

I like how each inlay shape is different as well. A subtle but elegant progression.

And don't worry about your girlfriend. As your collection grows (and grows, and grows) you can always switch to having things shipped to your work or parents' house. Works equally well with wives or so I've been told. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Those look great. I never seen this mold before. Is it custom or a new style from Sun-Fly?

Last edited:
Those look great. I never seen this mold before. Is it custom or a new style from Sun-Fly?
Neither. The faux-mold design doesn't have anything to do with the way the final chip will look. I'm having the chips made with Sun-Fly's "Cards" mold, in case you're familiar with that. The "Suits" faux-mold I have in the images was for a different design. I used it on this design just to show me what the chips will look like with something there, even if it's not exactly what will end up there.

This is the "actual" design, to be printed on Sun-Fly's Cards mold.

Classic Brights (No Faux-Mold).jpg

Last edited:
Man... those are fantastic. reminiscent of the classic paulsons.

ship it!
Thanks a bunch. Nice to hear that they remind you of such a great chip. I was certainly going for a "classic" type of design. I've always admired the traditional inlay and edge spots combos, rather than the the pictures and icons comprising some newer ceramic designs.

I love the design, the artwork, the Deep base colors, and the faux-shaped inlays. I like the dark spots, but I'm not a fan of the contrast spots... individual tastes vary. Overall, a beautiful chip.

Your art looks really good.

Are the cards in that mold area, and the ring around the label, an optical illusion or actual indentations in the chip?

Last edited:
This is a design I did recently to be printed by Sun-Fly on their PolyClay chip with mold impressions. The faux-mold in the design is just for reference, as the final chips will have their own impressions stamped into the chips.

My girlfriend doesn't care at all about poker chips, so I'd thought I'd share this with you guys for some feedback and interaction. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 45156

I like everything but the quarter. Just don't like that shade of yellow apparently.

Very nice.

Welcome to PCF... were are you located in CALI?
I'm in the Bay Area.

Those look nice! You ordering those directly from Sun-fly?
Yes, that is the plan. I've been working with Crystal over at Sun-Fly to get things just right. She hasn't had answers to ALL of my questions, and some things get lost in translation, but overall it's been a terrific experience and she's very patient with my obsessively detail-oriented nature.

I like everything but the quarter. Just don't like that shade of yellow apparently.
I really didn't like the darker, less-saturated yellow chip. It was one of the primary reasons I decided to go with a brighter, more saturated version. What color would you go with for the quarter?

Very Protege like. Nice.
Thanks a ton! The Proteges are my favorite chip of all time. I guess their influence on me shows! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Your art looks really good.

Are the cards in that mold area, and the ring around the label, an optical illusion or actual indentations in the chip?
I'm pretty talented in Photoshop, but not talented enough to make something look that real! The cards in the mold area are actual indentations, as mentioned earlier. They are a line of chips that Sun-Fly calls "PolyClay," essentially ceramic chips with simple impressions, but with edge-to-edge printing.

It's perhaps interesting to note that the deepest parts of the impressions in the PolyClay chips are a much brighter, almost white version of the color in the design. This leads me to believe that the impressions are stamped in after the graphic is transferred to the chip. I assume that the color becomes almost white as the chip is stretched/compressed to conform to the mold. This is all speculation, however.

Most of us like to have samples of others chips, kinda collecting them. Most here off (sell) sample sets to anyone that wants one. I have like 20 sample sets on my desk at work.

Most of us like to have samples of others chips, kinda collecting them. Most here off (sell) sample sets to anyone that wants one. I have like 20 sample sets on my desk at work.
I can understand getting samples of chips you might want to buy. I can even understand getting samples of different types of chips you don't even want, just to understand their differences. What confuses me is the desire to have a sample set of another person's specific set with their specific design.

I could see myself wanting samples of Sun-Fly's PolyClay chips... but, I can't imagine myself wanting to have a sample set of some random user's custom design. Is that just me?

Also, for the record... I have no problem with it. I'm planning on ordering 1,200 chips to make up a 1,000 chip set of the highest quality ones. If anyone is interested in having a sample set made from the extras, I'll send it out without issue. I might even be glad to do it for someone who would want it. I just don't understand why anyone would want it in the first place.

I could see myself wanting samples of Sun-Fly's PolyClay chips... but, I can't imagine myself wanting to have a sample set of some random user's custom design. Is that just me?

Mostly just you (not in a bad or derogatory way of course). Since joining the forum I have gotten a bunch of specific custom set samples for the sole purpose of collecting them and put them in my display case. Why? Well mainly because I love chips (especially well designed and nice looking chips). Being able to look at and display high quality chips is something I enjoy especially when the design is never going to be available for anyone else. On top of that I use random chips as my card protector when playing so being able to swap it out for an amazing custom chip is cool. This also brings tons of questions from interested players which in turn opens the possibility of strengthening our numbers with more chippers.

Mostly just you (not in a bad or derogatory way of course). Since joining the forum I have gotten a bunch of specific custom set samples for the sole purpose of collecting them and put them in my display case. Why? Well mainly because I love chips (especially well designed and nice looking chips). Being able to look at and display high quality chips is something I enjoy especially when the design is never going to be available for anyone else. On top of that I use random chips as my card protector when playing so being able to swap it out for an amazing custom chip is cool. This also brings tons of questions from interested players which in turn opens the possibility of strengthening our numbers with more chippers.
Right on. Well, I'll post here when the chips come in and if anyone wants a few of the extras, I'll send 'em out.

On a similar note, I should also say that if anyone wants to have a set of these made for themselves, I can send them the design. I can even change the base colors and denominations around without any trouble (although I've set it up so that the edge spot colors are automatically determined by the base color, so I can't change those. Well, I could... but I won't). PGI can't print these very well at all, but Sun-Fly seems to have no trouble. Let me know, I suppose.

I'd be interested in checking out your design file. I've been thinking of doing a similar project, with a Protege influenced design. I'd change up some things like colors, fonts, edge spots progression, etc, but having your designs would be a great starting point!

I'd be interested in checking out your design file. I've been thinking of doing a similar project, with a Protege influenced design. I'd change up some things like colors, fonts, edge spots progression, etc, but having your designs would be a great starting point!
Alright. No problem. Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to? Message me if you want to keep it private.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom