Austin Card Room (3 Viewers)

Have these lawyers said why they don’t take your case?

Some have said they're focused on contract disputes presently, others that they're solo practitioners unable to take a case like this given their present workload.

Others just say they can't assist but refer me elsewhere

So some semi-positive news. I had a call with an attorney today. He said the Sabine Pilot cases can be a bear to handle, and that you have to be able to show that I would be at risk of facing legal consequences for being in the room and promoting them on social media, rather than just the owner.

He's going to check with a friend of his who is versed in gaming law here and we'll circle back on Monday to discuss further. I just sent him this article which shows when a room got raided here in Texas not only the owner faced arrest, but also staff, while even patrons were fined:

https://www.pokertube.com/article/staff-arrested-and-players-fined-as-police-raid-texas-poker-club

So I think my concern about being in the crossfire while being in a managerial role in the company was certainly warranted. This is at least giving me hope someone sees prospect here.

From what I've read, cases like this can take up to two years to run their course, although oftentimes settlements are reached outside of court or before completion of a case. Crossing my fingers I have some recourse here, thanks to everyone who's been chiming in with support, really appreciate it.

This hasn't been easy. I specifically stayed in Austin for this opportunity and had a lot of hopes resting on this, to arrive at this end result is extremely depressing.

So some semi-positive news. I had a call with an attorney today. He said the Sabine Pilot cases can be a bear to handle, and that you have to be able to show that I would be at risk of facing legal consequences for being in the room and promoting them on social media, rather than just the owner.

He's going to check with a friend of his who is versed in gaming law here and we'll circle back on Monday to discuss further. I just sent him this article which shows when a room got raided here in Texas not only the owner faced arrest, but also staff, while even patrons were fined:

https://www.pokertube.com/article/staff-arrested-and-players-fined-as-police-raid-texas-poker-club

So I think my concern about being in the crossfire while being in a managerial role in the company was certainly warranted. This is at least giving me hope someone sees prospect here.

From what I've read, cases like this can take up to two years to run their course, although oftentimes settlements are reached outside of court or before completion of a case. Crossing my fingers I have some recourse here, thanks to everyone who's been chiming in with support, really appreciate it.

This hasn't been easy. I specifically stayed in Austin for this opportunity and had a lot of hopes resting on this, to arrive at this end result is extremely depressing.
Any updates?

Any updates?

Unfortunately not getting anywhere.

Guy said his friend who used to work in the AG's office recommended he not take it on a contingency basis because of the grey area gambling operates in.

So looking like the bad guys may win on this one, I'm exploring other opportunities, but nothing concrete just yet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom