All things True Detective Season 2....... (3 Viewers)

need this show out of my life, solid episode but they are like 4 episodes too late with it being exciting

Im a wire apologist too, often pleading with friends to give it a shot. Just a non-fan of season 2

Generally I have to agree that season 2 blew (and I really enjoyed the much-maligned season 4.) Ziggy's "moment of glory" made slogging through it ALL worth it though. [emoji41]

I still haven't made it to episode 2 of TD S2. Episode 1 was uninspiring, and I haven't been hearing anything motivational from anybody who's seen more...

Last few episodes have been much more watchable, but I'm still trying to connect the dots and remember who's who from all the names mumbled throughout all the dialogue. I also don't really care that much though. Everyone is corrupt, none of the main characters are particularly likable or interesting (though Velcoro and Bezzerides are alright), it's all gonna go down in the last episode, blah blah blah. I have low expectations for the finale so can only be pleasantly surprised at this point I guess.

Also, kudos to Frank for showing how to quickly get the rail off a poker table. Was he trying to play 5-handed by himself before Velcoro walked in or what?

unless the last episode is 55 minutes of rachel mcadams spread eagle taking herself to town i don't think i'll even finish the season. after taking a few episodes off i can't bring myself to care at all.

unless the last episode is 55 minutes of rachel mcadams spread eagle taking herself to town i don't think i'll even finish the season. after taking a few episodes off i can't bring myself to care at all.
lucky for you my friend. boner time

i'd watch the remaining episodes just on the near-impossible chance that this actually happens.

Well I've hung in there this far so I'll watch the finale. Pretty much agree with MrBo, nobody knows wtf is going on except in very general arcs, which is making it more predictable than it should be. I guess that was supposed to be a stunner at the end of last week's show but you had to see that coming before the season even started lol.

No problem. It was a bit long but for me helped clear up the whole Frank-Caspere-Catalyst-Osip money trail, the blue diamonds, and Stan's (who?) killing. Probably the most interesting revelation from the past episode that I'll be interested to see how it plays out in the finale is the whole Laura/Erica & Leonard thing. Not as interesting as the green spaghetti monster in Season 1, especially since I don't really care who killed Caspere or is out to get Frank, but having some sort of twist at least gives me something to watch for, other than a potentially laughable Vince Vaughn action sequence or possible Rachel McAdams nip slip.

Haven't watch a single episode? Have I missed a lot? Should I start?

Haven't watch a single episode? Have I missed a lot? Should I start?

If there are any other shows you want to catch up on, or patches of grass that need watching, I would tend to those first. If you have nothing else to do, maybe read the link above and watch the finale, or go for it all with low expectations and have something on the side to work on for episodes 1-3 and the first 45 minutes of episode 4.

I am certainly in the minority. Think the show is no where near as bad as is being made out by the critics and also have no issues with Vince Vaughn.

I am certainly in the minority. Think the show is no where near as bad as is being made out by the critics and also have no issues with Vince Vaughn.

I'm still enjoying it; it just had an impossible act to follow with Season 1. I don't think I've missed the plot points, but definitely some of the things that connect the dots based on the article MrBo linked.

Yeah I know, just a little joke. Just watched the finale and curious what folks' final thoughts are.

Can't help but compare it to season 1. Season 2 was.. meh.

I found season 2 to be quite a hollow experience. I couldn't say anything was inherently bad, it just didn't deliver in the same way as season 1.

The storyline was too objuse, making it difficult to engage with the narrative, or care about the characters.

With respect to the finale, I didn't care who lived or died, although my preference would probably have been for everyone to die.

I hear they shot an alternative ending, where Vince Vaughan makes it out of the desert and goes on a road trip to LV with his buddies to hunt bunnies. Hijinks and hilarity ensue, culminating in everybody getting wasted and VV marrying himself in a civil ceremony.

Ultimately I think season 2 had too much to live up to after season 1. It would be interesting to have seen what the reception had been like if they'd aired the other way round. I still think it would have had a lacklustre reception but probably less negative without the high level of expection following the Harrelson/McConnahey-hey combo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom