Cancelled Windwalker New Year Sale #4: Ultra Rare Leaded Vintage Cali Cash Set: Doc’s (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve had our $1/$1 PCF game stretch to about $12,000 in bank one night. But that’s an anomaly. Our PCF games go pretty crazy, and average about $7500 in bank, which I believe is extremely high for a $1/$1 game.

Damn I would be down for 1k per buy in for a 1/1 game. Or @Godzilla28 think we can beat this bank next game?

Wasn't expecting to see this set up for sale. It's one of my favourites of all the WW sets.

Alas, not for me atm. I'm just starting down the road of "Marie Kondo-ing" my life and I suspect I'll rather be subtracting some poker-related crap along that journey.

GLWS, whoever ends up with this set will have a grail set by the very definition of the term.

I find it fascinating that this set may be literally unusable by anyone, ever. Given its rarity and desirability and the expense and effort required to assemble it, its cost is out of reach for anyone who could put it to use, and its breakdown is too small for anyone who could afford it.

I hope I'm wrong and will be excited to see it find a home.

GLWS Krish, and congratulations on putting this beauty together.

I find it fascinating that this set may be literally unusable by anyone, ever. Given its rarity and desirability and the expense and effort required to assemble it, its cost is out of reach for anyone who could put it to use, and its breakdown is too small for anyone who could afford it.

I hope I'm wrong and will be excited to see it find a home.

GLWS Krish, and congratulations on putting this beauty together.

That's a really good point. Its a perfect two table set for my game. I'd need 20k'ish to come off of the price tag lol. Those fives are fire!

Maybe Krish will keep it and use a multiplier when people buy in / cash out.

Or maybe he'll sell it to me and let me use a multiplier when I buy it. :)

I can't afford this but totally just curious:

The inlays - are they designed to appear weathered/yellowed or is that from actual age and/or discoloration? Either way, I dig it.

They’re actually yellow / gold.
Oh cool, well they're wonderful.

I've got a Legend of Zelda solids set on the backburner and when I eventually get around to designing an inlay, I'm hoping to come up with something that has a similar feel, maybe a bit on the gray-er side but something that invokes the look/feel of an aged piece of parchment.

Anyway, GLWS.

Milling 100-120 solids and making some $.50 chips would make the set more versatile. You could play 3-6 or 4-8 limit with it as well.

The DOC’S Card Room in San Diego had two
different fractional chips .
A red 25 cent chip and an orange 50 cent chip .
THC hot stamped chips .
“ DOC’S “ on the front with the denomination
on the back …
Unfortunately — all known existing chips are
in really worn condition and barely readable …

The DOC’S Card Room in San Diego had two
different fractional chips .
A red 25 cent chip and an orange 50 cent chip .
THC hot stamped chips .
“ DOC’S “ on the front with the denomination
on the back …
Unfortunately — all known existing chips are
in really worn condition and barely readable …
any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom