Cash Game Why so many $5s? (2 Viewers)

How many chips is too many chips for you? I guess if the stacks are dirty or in stacks of something weird like 14, it’d be a pain but stacks of 20 shouldn’t be an issue.
I think more than 30smth per player per denomination can get busy and hard to accommodate in (inevitably tall) columns

The same way people hate to break $20 and $100 bills, people hate to make change from big chips.

A player with 40 $5 chips will call $20 all day, but a guy with 8 $25's will hesitate to call.
True; those two scenarios are the two extremes, though

Is this a raked game or a game with a dealer working for tips? Very strange to see $30 in $1’s in every starting stack unless they are being pulled off the table regularly.
Nope. No rake and no tips. This guy just likes to have a lot of the lowest level of chips in play. In fact, he asked me to keep an eye out for 50c chips for his set as he "only" has about 160 and wants two full racks for when he plays $0.50/$1.00.

Posted this in the last thread. This is the 1200 chip set I had made to get me from .5/$1 to $2/5 for 10 seats. 50/$1 is now $1/1 so I’m not using the blue .50¢ chips any more.

Lots of red!!! For $1/1 it’s a max $120 so a barrel of white and one of red. For $1/2 it’s $220 with an extra barrel of red. The initial buyin is the only time I give out $1s. Everything after is reds and even greens (if a player accumulates more than maybe a rack of reds I buy a barrel back with greens and put them back in the bank. .

Too many unnecessary chips and too many denominations on the table gives me agita and is a bitch to cash out after a long session.

65645388629__53BEC6E3-BCA9-4A29-9DA5-703B031E63DD.jpeg
65645296564__030C3223-3A2C-42C9-B29D-696C25F7C47A.jpeg

Posted this in the last thread. This is the 1200 chip set I had made to get me from .5/$1 to $2/5 for 10 seats. 50/$1 is now $1/1 so I’m not using the blue .50¢ chips any more.

Lots of red!!! For $1/1 it’s a max $120 so a barrel of white and one of red. For $1/2 it’s $220 with an extra barrel of red. The initial buyin is the only time I give out $1s. Everything after is reds and even greens (if a player accumulates more than maybe a rack of reds I buy a barrel back with greens and put them back in the bank. .

Too many unnecessary chips and too many denominations on the table gives me agita and is a bitch to cash out after a long session.

View attachment 1255002View attachment 1255003
Good looking set of chips. Thanks for sharing.

I personally like to get a new color on the table rather than an endless sea of red. But we only play .50/.50 so usually we're talking just a little north of 2k on the table. 2-3 racks of red and I move on.

If I could get my guys to play 1/3 then I'd probably tilt more towards the 4-6 or more racks but we have a ways to go!

And even though it's the stakes equivalent I can't bring myself to put more than two racks of singles on my .50/.50 table, it just isn't the same. Any more than that and they annoy me for some reason :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom