Which side of of speed cloth? (1 Viewer)

Rebel_Ghost

Waiting List
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question..

But there is definitely a two-tone side of the speed felt, but can you use the other side? The darker side of it looks like a richer color and actually feels softer.

I may have to post pics, but has anyone else encountered this? This is my first table build. Thanks for any help.

Here are pics of what I am speaking of.

20210411_114837.jpg

20210411_114737.jpg

Also, does speed cloth usually feel rough and stiff? I guess I am used to felt... Doesn't seem like the cards would slide across very well.

I had always used SSC until I bought some extra gaming clothes from @T_Chan and I was amazed by the difference in feel. SSC is definitely more course/rough feeling.

I had always used SSC until I bought some extra gaming clothes from @T_Chan and I was amazed by the difference in feel. SSC is definitely more course/rough feeling.
And also wears out the printing on your cards faster. But, I still use it on a couple of tables since it is a less expensive alternative.

Maybe a stupid question..

But there is definitely a two-tone side of the speed felt, but can you use the other side? The darker side of it looks like a richer color and actually feels softer.

I may have to post pics, but has anyone else encountered this? This is my first table build. Thanks for any help.
The darker side (in your pics) is the correct side intended for usage -- as noted, it is softer with more vibrant colors. You *can* use the opposite side for play, although I'm not sure why one would want to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom