What are the best poker league award you've seen? (1 Viewer)

SPR

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Since 2005 we have given a Player of the Year t-shirt for our year end point leader. I've done my best to design something different each year and then usually order on sites like CustomInk. We also used to do a custom engraved bracelet for our main event winner. Ill see if I can dig up some pics? Each award was usually funded from the season award pot ($5 per player, per buy-in).

What are some of the best ideas you have seen or been a part of? I can't remember the engraving website we got the bracelets from. Haven't done that one for a while. So looking for new prize ideas and funding ideas as well.

What do you give out?
and
How do you fund it?

Money.

All that other crap, like trophies, etc., eventually gets thrown away. First by your parents when you've first moved out, later by yourself during divorces and relocations, eventually by your wives, and finally by someone paid to clean out the house after you croak.
:cool

We give a four foot claymore sword engraved with there name, and now have a giant wood plaque where they get there name placed in it.

IMG_20201124_083407.jpg
IMG_20200315_234516.jpg

You get a free buy into the next tourney when you defend the sword.....

Fund it - it was a five dollar yard sale sword. Value of something doesn't matter, but now it's everyone's sole goal is to have the sword for 6 months. Plaque, the drive for the sword made it happen. One of my players made it for fun.

Last edited:
Alpha Shootout!!

4bea0a86-5d53-4550-b145-d1d46dd17893.jpg

Every year, we give 1 player a seat at the WSOP Main Event (M.E.). We fund it with a 12 game tournament.

8 players
$180 buy-in each month
$490 paid out to 1st and 2nd each month ($300 to 1st, $190 to 2nd).
$950 goes to the "Bank" each month

At the end of the series, we accumulate $11,400 in the Bank ($10,000 for the buy in, $1,400 for expenses).

All 8 players have a 1/8th stake in any winnings...with a minor caviat. If the "representative" who plays in the WSOP M.E. cashes; then the first $10k from any cash proceeds goes to buy that person an entry into next year's M.E.

With COVID in 2020, we didn't send a player, so if they play in person in 2021, we will have 2 Alphas in the M.E.

Years ago when our crew was together and played tournaments, a couple times we set aside cash after every tournament. Whoever had the most wins (points) would get bought into the LA Poker Classic at the Commerce Club

Money.

All that other crap, like trophies, etc., eventually gets thrown away. First by your parents when you've first moved out, later by yourself during divorces and relocations, eventually by your wives, and finally by someone paid to clean out the house after you croak.
:cool
well dont you just sound like a fun guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom