UNIQUE/Paulson Racks unboxing (1 Viewer)

markleteenie

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hello all, I have read a lot of information regarding where to get racks. I take no credit for any leg work, I stand on the shoulders of giants. The most helpful is already stickied (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-paulson-chip-rack-supplier.15666/), but is 10 pages, so here is the short version regarding Unique Enterprises:
  • Unique makes the actual Paulson racks, but switches out the name plate for the Paulson branded vs Unique branded racks.
  • Their 4200 is perfect for Paulson 39mm - 66.7mm chips.
  • They also sell 43mm racks, but do not have the same fit and are not made by them.
  • Multiple contacts, but I worked with Kathy at kathy@unique-enterprises.com or (702)649-5002 M-F 7:00 to 4pm
  • She was fantastic to work with and very friendly, responsive, and helpful. I would order from her again, and probably should have gotten 40-50 racks....even though I don't need them now... (rookie mistake:banghead::banghead::banghead:)

I thought it could be useful so I here is my experience ordering some chip racks.

What I found out from my communications:
  • They have 2" Dealer Buttons in stock. $4.50
  • They may have 2.5" dealer buttons in stock. They order batches of them at a time. When I ordered they did not have any. $4.75
  • 39mm - 66.7mm Paulson mold (but UNIQUE branded) chip racks are in stock. Item Number 4200. $3.50
  • 43mm racks - made in China, unbranded. Item Number 4203. $5
    • I was told these are also UNIQUE branded and they were same 66.7mm specifications
    • Like others in the past, it was individually wrapped in plastic with a Made in China sticker. Not the same quality as the Unique racks. It is not specifically made for Paulson 43mm chips.
  • If you pick up the racks in person, you will be charged sales tax, which in Las Vegas is 8.25%.
  • If you get the racks shipped, you do not pay sales tax, but you pay shipping, which is only estimated and will be determined at actual time of boxing.

My transaction:
  • I contacted Kathy at Unique (kathy@unique-enterprises.com) and e-mailed her several times.
  • I setup my account via email and put my credit card on file via phone.
  • I ordered 20 x 39mm racks and 1 x 43mm rack.
    • Merch subtotal $75.
    • Shipping to Denver, Colorado $26.05.
    • Total $101.05
  • Order placed on Wednesday.
  • Order was supposed to be packed and picked up by UPS by Thursday.
  • It didn't get officially processed until Thursday because of a question regarding the address.
  • New pick up date set for Friday.
  • UPS actually picked up delivery on Monday.
  • Received/Unboxed on Wednesday.

Direct quote for the shipping estimate. It did fall within the range given. I was asking about shipping or tax on 20 or 30 racks of 4200.
"If you were to pick them up here in Las Vegas our sales tax rate is 8.25% so on $70 it would be $5.78 and $8.66 on $105.
As far as shipping goes we use UPS and until we actually box the order up we can only give you an estimate of between $23 to $33. The lower side being if you ordered 20 and the higher end 30."

I added a pictures of the actual unboxing, so you could see how it was shipped, and then how some chips fit in.
Just showing the bottom of the box, so no shipping label. Packed really well and all taped up.
box1.JPG

Opened from the top, bubble wrap on the top.
box2.JPG

20 racks stacked. No bubble wrap on the right side or on the bottom. Racks seem fine though.
43mm rack tacoed on the left side.
box3.JPG

Close up of the bottom of 39mm rack.
rack39-1.JPG

Worn Paulsons on left. Crisper Paulsons on right. Both 20, can't fit a 21st.
rack39-2.JPG

Close up betrays how worn my Cleveland HS $5s really are. But you can't fit a 21st chip in! Honest!
rack39-3.JPG

43mm rack that was Made in China and has no markings....disappointing. And it was $5.00.
rack43-1.JPG

Barrel of Dune Baccarat $20s, with space enough for another chip.
rack43-2.JPG

A horizontal close up shot of the 43mm rack so you can see it doesn't sit touching all sides, but actually floats a bit with contact only on the sides. Will keep looking.
rack43-3.JPG

I have the unique 39mm racks as well and love them, some mint uncirculated paulsons are super tight fit, I’ve even had a few barrels where it would only fit if I jammed em in which I didn’t, I’m glad I ordered the 43mm racks from @ABC Gifts and Awards as a lot have told me the paulsons fit nice in them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom